Obtained through harvesting.
|Skill and improvement|
A brown algae long and slimy with air bladders clearly visible.
Kelp is a seaside product gathered from gardening kelp tiles.
Kelp can be used to create nori, which is used in cooking.
Medium, long and wild natural kelp tiles can be harvested to produce kelp. Medium kelp produces 1 plant, tall produces 2 plants and wild produces 3 plants. The quality of the harvest is random.
The length of the kelp can be examined:
Kelp tiles can be harvested with a Sickle, Shovel, Scythe, Butchering knife or Carving knife. After harvest, it typically takes approximately 4-6 real life days in order for the kelp to regrow to a full, "growing wild" state.
- Kelp can only be found in the wild and cannot be planted like reed.
- Kelp tiles can be removed by digging one corner of the tile. It turns to dirt.
- Kelp tiles will also be removed by leveling a tile that shares a corner with the kelp tile.
- Only the NW corner of the kelp tile must be raised in order for it to be harvested. Raising it to -8 dirts will put it into reach.
- To gather kelp, any sharp object will work. Tools aside from the sickle or scythe do, however, limit the kelp quality to a maximum of 20.