|Skill and improvement|
A tool for digging.
Shovel is a versatile tool used mainly for digging and terraforming.
- Shovel is used to dig up clay, dirt, moss, peat, sand, and tar.
- Shovel is also the primary tool for terraforming, landscaping and building roads and packed dirt paths.
- With shovel you can 'Cultivate' packed dirt, moss, grass, steppe or mycelium tiles into dirt suitable for farming.
- If your character has 10 digging and 20 body strength, you may use a shovel to destroy pavement such as cobblestone, gravel, stone slabs, or floor boards.
- Shovels can be used to disarm traps.
- You can cut down trees and bushes with a shovel, albeit much more slowly than with a hatchet.
- Shovels can be used to investigate tiles to search for archaeology fragments with 20+ skill in Archaeology - though with higher difficulty than using a trowel.
Skills & Characteristics
When using a shovel
- Miscellaneous items > Shovel
When creating a shovel
- Shoveler at 50 skill
- Packer at 70 skill
- Undertaker at 90 skill
- Ace Of Spades at 100 skill
WARNING: The shovel given with the beginner set is made out of birchwood and is burnable. Take care as to not accidentally burn it to fuel a campfire, forge or oven! If you lose it in this way, you will have to either make a new one from scratch or ask other players for help in acquiring a new one.