|Skill and improvement|
A small iron box with wicker and a cannister for oil.
- Can be used as a personal light source. Fill it with 0.13 kg of olive oil or tar, then light with a steel and flint.
- Oil is rumored to produce light for longer than tar.
- When full, a lantern will burn for almost 24 in-game hours depending on QL.
- The lantern quality determines how far it can illuminate.
- If the lantern is dyed, the light from it will be that color.
- 0.015 kg of dye is required.
- Black dye has no effect.
- A hot, or hotter lantern will become lit and provide illumination, even when not filled with tar or oil, until it cools. Snuffing it will cool it automatically.