Mine door (silver)
|Skill and improvement|
A door made from the purest silver.
A silver mine door is an item used to limit access to a mine.
- Activate the mine door, right click a mine tile border and select Build door.
Once installed, the silver mine door slowly loses strength if off deed. To keep it from decaying, it has to be repaired. To repair the silver mine door, activate a silver lump, right click the mine door and select Improve. The lump does not need to be glowing hot to be used.
The maximum strength you can improve a silver mine door to depends on the silver lump and your blacksmithing skill. The formula is 100 * (Lump QL / 4 + Blacksmithing skill / 2).
Each improvement uses 0.1 kg of the silver lump and raises the strength of the mine door by a fifth of the difference between current strength and maximum strength.
The following graph shows the decay of a silver mine door over the course of over a year. The Mine door has been repaired a few times since. The decay has been about 28 strength per day on average over the whole period of 400 days.
- Mine doors cannot be placed on entrances with a slope of greater than 90.
- Remember that off-deed mine doors can be bashed by other players, so your mine is not entirely safe just because it has a mine door attached. A deed perimeter does NOT protect mine doors.
- If you wish to place a fence around a mine entrance this should be done before attaching a mine door.
- On Elevation and Defiance servers, there must be a minimum of 3 tiles between mine doors and only 4 mine doors in an 11x11 area. There is a check in a 5 tile radius around the door being placed.
- Right-click on the door to manage the permissions.
- Needs a high blacksmithing skill with a high QL door lock to start.
- Very hard to start and continue at low skill, though there is no hard coded limit.