Mine door (silver)
|Skill and improvement|
A door made from the purest silver.
A silver mine door is an item used to limit access to a mine.
- Activate the mine door, right click a mine tile border and select Build door.
Once installed, the silver mine door slowly loses strength if off deed. To keep it from decaying, it has to be repaired. To repair the silver mine door, activate a silver lump, right click the mine door and select Improve. The lump does not need to be glowing hot to be used.
The maximum strength you can improve a silver mine door to depends on the silver lump and your blacksmithing skill. The formula is 100 * (Lump QL / 4 + Blacksmithing skill / 2).
Each improvement uses 0.1 kg of the silver lump and raises the strength of the mine door by a fifth of the difference between current strength and maximum strength.
The following graph shows the decay of a silver mine door over the course of over a year. The Mine door has been repaired a few times since. The decay has been about 28 strength per day on average over the whole period of 400 days.
- Mine doors cannot be placed on entrances with a slope of greater than 90.
- Right click on the door to manage the permissions.
- Needs a high blacksmithing skill with a high QL door lock.
- Very hard to start and continue.