|Skill and improvement|
You see a door.
- At least 5 carpentry skill is required to build wooden walls.
- See multi-story housing for more information regarding skill requirements on additional floors.
- Have at least 1 plank and 1 large nails in your inventory.
- Activate a mallet or hammer and right-click on a wall plan.
- Select Build and then Wooden portcullis.
- Continuation requires at least 1 plank in your inventory.
- You can turn walls to suit your needs by right-clicking them, and selecting Rotate wall.
- You must repair any damage on the walls with a plank before improving it.
- Activate a plank, right-click the wall and select Repair or Improve.
- The effective quality of the plank is affected by its damage and your carpentry skill.
- Hitched draft animals (horses, bisons, etc) pulling a vehicle can go through it.
- A door lock must be attached to prevent unauthorized access. You can see the quality of the current door lock, if any, by right-clicking on the door and examining it.
- Only the writ holder may attach a door lock.