|Skill and improvement|
A sturdy one-masted merchant ship with a flat bottom.
A medium difficulty ship, the cog requires fewer sails but more wooden materials than the corbita and is harder to create. One large advantage it has over the similarly-sized corbita is that the second passenger to board is put into the crow's nest, giving them a great view of the surrounding area.
Cogs are great merchant ships as they are a large size, not difficult to build and as a result inexpensive to buy. They are good for long journeys but are impractical for short hops, especially in light winds.
- Requires 22 mind logic to be able to command it.
- Passengers: 1 captain + 8 crew.
- Maximum speed: 33.22 km/h (solo, with a gale in the back)
- Hold Capacity: 29 large crates. see #Loadable Items for more info.
- Creature Cage Capacity: 6
- Minimum passable depth: 20 dirt.
- Size: ~ 5 tiles long and 2 tiles wide
- Height: 40 dirt from water level to deck(?) and ~ 170 dirt from waterlevel to top
- Ships with a quality of less than 10 cannot be commanded.
- This includes ships whose damage percentage would calculate to bring the quality below 10 (eg. a 12 quality ship with 17 damage calculates to a ship below 10 quality).
- Repairing a ship can sometimes result in the ship retaining a quality above 10, thus being commandable once again.
- The quality of each of the keel sections affects the chance of being created.
List is a work in progress.
- 11 small rafts
- 1 large chest
- 2 forges
See Load cargo for exhaustive list of loadable/non-loadable items by smallest vehicle type.