|Skill and improvement|
A sturdy one-masted merchant ship with a flat bottom.
A medium difficulty ship, the cog requires fewer sails but more wooden materials than the corbita and is harder to create. One large advantage it has over the similarly-sized corbita is that the second passenger to board is put into the crows nest, giving them a great view of the surrounding area.
Cogs are great merchant ships as they are a large size, not difficult to build and as a result inexpensive to buy. They are good for long journeys but are impractical for short hops, especially in light winds.
You will need 22 Mind Logic to be able to command it.
- Passengers: 1 Captain + 8 crew
- Maximum speed: 33.22 km/h (solo, with a gale in the back)
- Maximum speed: 35(?) km/h (full crew)
- Hold Capacity: 50916 volume units (67 rafts). Weight(kg) has no effect on this.
- Creature Cage Capacity: 6
- The Hold's item count is limited to 100. If more is needed, use containers like small barrels or rafts.
- Size: ~ 5 tiles long and 2 tiles wide
- Height: 40 dirt from water level to deck(?) and ~ 170 dirt from waterlevel to top
- 64.5 kg of dye is required to paint a cog
- Requires 20 dirt water depth
- Ships with a quality of less than 10 cannot be commanded.
- This includes ships whose damage percentage would calculate to bring the quality below 10 (eg. a 12 quality ship with 17 damage calculates to a ship below 10 quality).
- Repairing a ship can sometimes result in the ship retaining a quality above 10, thus being commandable once again.
- The quality of each of the keel sections affects the chance of being created.
- Keel sections can be improved (Carpentry items) before attempting assembly.
Keel section improvement examples (30.33 Carpentry and 18.21 Shipbuilding):
- QL6.12 + QL5.97 = 14% chance
- QL5.97 + QL18.33 = 23% chance
- QL10.46 + QL18.33 = 26% chance
- it needs 36.488 kg of dye for wooden part and 10.946 kg for sails.
List is a work in progress.
- 11 small rafts
- 1 large chest
- 2 forges
See Load cargo for exhaustive list of loadable/non-loadable items by smallest vehicle type.