Rite spells are spells with global effects on the entire server and its players, and may only be cast infrequently on each server.
Every rite requires 50 faith, costs 300 Favor (requiring linking of priests), and has 50 difficulty.
Each deity (Fo, Vynora, Magranon, and Libila) has its own pool of favor used to allow the casting of a rite spell. If the deity currently does not have enough favor, the spell cannot be cast at that time on that server. Only prayers and sermons that could cause valid faith gains increase deity favor, which is used to charge rite spells. If you are capped at the 30 or 100 faith caps, you can still provide to the deity favor as long as you have the valid timing available. Missions also provide some deity favor, scaled on the difficulty of the mission.
This favor is consumed when the spell is cast, and restored by players on the server praying to that god.
A vague estimate of your deity's current favor is given when a priest of that deity preaches a sermon (Still waning = 25-50%, is strong = 50-100%, brimming with power = ready to cast). When the favor pool is adequate for casting a rite spell, the text will appear in the Event tab during the sermon.
Each rite spell has effects unique to it, in addition to some common effects:
- All Rite spells
- Rite of spring (Vynora)
- Ritual of the sun (Magranon)
- 0.2% progress toward 100 in body stamina.
- Instantly repairs all building walls and fences within the domain of Magranon.
- Meteor showers will begin throughout the duration of the spell, for the server it is cast on.
- Meteor showers will occur and boulder-like meteorites will land across the server which have random metal type and can be mined directly for lumps.
- All metals except alloys and moonmetals will be possible
- Difficulty of mining meteorites will be lower than mining an equivalent vein in a cave, leading to higher average quality of metals.
- Meteorites will not change terrain, and will avoid landing on highways, deeds, structures, and deep water.
- Holy crop (Fo)
- Rite of death (Libila)
- 0.2% progress toward 100 in soul strength
- Mushrooms will spawn far more often, and on significantly more tiles.
- (PvE Only) Far less skill loss on death, similar in most cases to dying on deed.
- (PvE Only) Libila followers and priests gain +15% combat damage (similar to a Magranon priest).
- (PvE Only) When Rite of Death is in effect, Consume Corpse has a chance of triggering an effect similar to a Mind stealer enchantment.
- (PVP servers only) Spreads mycelium within the domain of Libila.
- (PVP servers only) Causes an internal damage head wound to all enemy players.