Ship building consists of making ships and the parts needed to construct them.
Ship building is a sub-skill of carpentry.
See also ship for information about using ships.
- The person attaching the last piece to a boat will become the owner.
- Boats can be managed by the owner to have various permissions, like allowing all friends to command the boat, or to transfer ownership to another player.
- Ownership can be taken from another player on the Epic cluster and the Chaos server, but not on any other server in the Freedom cluster. To take ownership of a boat you must board the boat as captain whilst the current owner is an enemy.
If you're making your first ever boat it is recommended to not make the keels as the first item. You should start by making hull plank, tenon, peg, and belaying pin. Then you make some of the more complicated pieces like oar or seat, and you improve those as far as you can to get your ship building skill up. Once your skill has reached 10-15, you may create the keel sections with decent success rate.
For more detailed information on creation chance for the various ship types, see Keel section.
Weight in parentheses is raw material weight required to create.
Hatchet on Felled Tree
- Keel section (90.00kg)
- Small mast (72.00kg)
- Medium mast (96.00kg)
- Large mast (120.00kg)
- Tall mast (148.00kg)
Saw on Log
Carving Knife on Log
Carving Knife on Shaft
- Belaying pin (0.65kg)
- Pegs (0.10kg) are a vital part of ship building, but count as regular carpentry items.
Ship details overview
|Component||Weight||Imp||S. Cart||L. Cart||Rowing boat||Small sailing boat||Corbita||Cog||Knarr||Caravel|
|Skill to Start||NA||NA||NA||NA||1||5||7||15||23||34|
|Cargo Volume (kg)||NA||NA||760||?||760||760||>20,000||>20,000||>20,000||>20,000|
|Square yard rig||106||no||unfinished||unfinished||0||0||0||0||1||0|
|Large square rig||106||no||unfinished||unfinished||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|Tall square rig||166||no||unfinished||unfinished||0||0||0||0||0||1|
For details regarding completed vessel statistics you may also want to see the Vessel Details Table.
- Harbormaster at 50 skill
- Shipwright at 70 skill
- Master Shipwright at 90 skill
- Ancient Mariner at 100 skill