Food storage bin
(Redirected from Crop storage bin)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Skill and improvement|
A storage bin made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons.
- Food storage bins are useful for two main reasons. First, you can fit more than 100 objects into them. Second, they stop all decay of objects put into them. The quality of the merged item is based on the average quality of the items you put in it in relation to the total volume.
- 5% of each of the stored items are lost every 28 days. This loss does not apply to containers on a deed with more than 30 days of upkeep left.
- Finished storage bins can only be picked up if empty, but can always be pushed, pulled, and turned like forges and ovens.
- They can be planted to prevent pickup when they are empty.
- The food storage bin fits in a runed wagon.
- Enchants, renames, and other special characteristics are lost.
- Can be secured like a large chest with a large padlock or small padlock.
- Can hold more than 100 items.
- Storage bins can be used to separate large piles of combined items (e.g. olives, grapes).
- Storage bins can be used to combine leftover bits of items, assuming they are of the same type.
- The weight column of the bin is actually the volume, a single bin can hold 16000.
- Items can be dragged directly from a container to the storage bin.
- Food storage bins can be bashed off deed and picked up, if they are empty, if they are 70+ dmg and or 10 quality and below
- The bin's door will appear as open once it has reached more than 50% of its maximum storage capacity.
- Finished food items do not fit in the FSB, but some processed items, like filleted, chopped, diced, and mashed items do fit in.
- Mushrooms fit inside food storage bins.
- A Food storage bin may be hauled up and down the ladders inside of a building. By standing on the opening of a floor you can activate a rope and right click the item to haul it, providing both you and the object are on the same tile, albeit one floor apart. Hauling back down will work in the same way and the item does not need to be empty.
Items that fit in
|Berries (Lingonberry, Blueberry, Strawberry)||1.025|
|Fruits (Grapes, Olives, Apples, Lemon, Oranges, Cherries)||0.125|