|Pavement Type||Material Used||Image||Max Flat Speed|
|Cobblestone||Stone brick||17.3 km/h|
|Gravel||Stone shards||13.34 km/h|
|Marble bricks (pavement)||Marble brick||17.3 km/h|
|Marble slabs||Marble slab||17.3 km/h|
|Pottery bricks||Pottery brick||17.3 km/h|
|Rough cobblestone||Colossus brick||17.3 km/h|
|Round cobblestone||Rounded stone||17.3 km/h|
|Sandstone bricks||Sandstone brick||17.3 km/h|
|Sandstone slabs||Sandstone slab||17.3 km/h|
|Slate bricks||Slate brick||17.3 km/h|
|Slate slabs||Slate slab||17.3 km/h|
|Stone slabs||Slab||17.3 km/h|
|Wooden planks||Floor boards||17.3 km/h|
|Wooden planks (+Tar)||Floor boards||17.3 km/h|
Packing dirt is the first paving action required to add any type of pavement. Paving is then added to this packed dirt, except for floor boards, which may be laid on dirt or marsh. Activate the item you want to pave with, then right-click the tile and choose Pave.
Note: You can also right-click a paved tile and select Re-pave > Tile or Nearest corner
Higher paving skill and higher quality paving items give a faster completion timer.
- Paved tiles may be cultivated back to dirt by equipping a shovel and choosing 'Destroy pavement'.
- Body strength of 20 and a digging skill of 10 is required for destroying pavement.
- If you still can not destroy the pavement an injury may be causing the message saying "You need to be stronger to destroy pavement."
- Stone slabs can only be removed or terraformed by a player with 21 Body strength.
- Destroying pavement gives digging skill and the length of time it takes to remove the pavement is also based on this digging.
- Removing paving from tiles inside tunnels requires a crowbar.
- Selecting "Pave nearest corner" will pave half of the tile diagonally depending on the paving type being laid and where the player is standing.
- The entire tile will be considered paved for the purpose of things like walking speed, but the unpaved corners will take on the graphical appearance of the tiles next to them.
Paving underground(in mines) can be done by first reinforcing the mine floor. To reinforce, activate a support beam, right-click the floor tile, and choose Reinforce. After the tile is reinforced, apply 1 mortar to the reinforcement by activating the mortar, right-clicking the tile, and choosing Prepare. Once the tile is prepared, you're able to perform normal above-ground paving methods (all above options are available underground as well).
- To remove paving on mine floors use a crowbar to remove the pavement and then a pickaxe to remove the reinforcement.
- To remove prepared floor use a chisel to remove the mortar.
It should be noted that paving diagonally is not possible underground.
- Paving the surface of a completed bridge can be done similarly to subterranean paving.
- After the bridge is completed, you must apply mortar to the bridge's surface.
- After the roadway is prepared, you can then apply the paving type of your choosing.
Paving is also used to build house floor plans. The minimum skill requirements are:
|0||Wooden plank floor (0 paving required, but 5 carpentry skill required)|
|21||Stone brick floor, Stone slab floor, Sandstone slab floor|
|25||Pottery brick floor|
|30||Slate slab floor|
|40||Marble slab floor|
In addition, a certain level of paving is required to build these kinds of floors at a given level/altitude. The paving skill required in these cases is the same as listed on the table for Multi-story housing.
Skills & Characteristics
- Roadbuilder at 50 skill
- Road Engineer at 70 skill
- Road Warrior at 90 skill
- World Connector at 100 skill
- It is possible to pave underwater.
- Paving can be done while moving, so long as you do not move too far away (two tiles) from the tile you are currently working on.