- Examine the corpse first to see if it has already been butchered.
- Activate a butchering knife
- Right-click a corpse
- Select Butcher
- Open the corpse and drag the desired butchering products to your inventory. If you bury the butchered corpse, the items will stay on ground.
For optimal skillgain, butcher an animal corpse with a high quality butchering knife initially so that you have a higher chance at getting butchering products. Then, use a low quality butchering knife with a high Circle of cunning cast to fillet the creature's meat.
Note: Butchering human corpses makes your alignment drop by 1 and does not give any butchering skill.
|Animal fat||Bison, Black wolf, Bull, Calf, Cow, Deer, Dog, Donkey, Foal, Hen, Hell horse, HorseMule, Pheasant, Pig, Rooster, Seal, Wild boar|
|Animal hide||Bison, Bull, Calf, Cow, Crocodile, Deer, Donkey, Foal, Hell horse, Horse, Mule, Seal, Unicorn|
|Bladder||Bison, Bull, Calf, Cow, Deer, Dog, Donkey, Foal, Hell Horse, Horse, Lamb, Mule, Ram, Sheep|
|Charcoal||Hell hound, Lava fiend, Lava spider|
|Cochineal||Cave bug, Hell scorpious, Scorpion|
|Drake hide||Dragon hatchling|
|Eye||Bison, Blue whale, Bull, Calf, Cow, Crab, Deer, Dolphin, Donkey, Dragon and dragon hatchling, Foal, Hell horse, Horse, Huge spider, Kyklops, Lamb, Mule, Octopus, Pig, Ram, Sea serpent, Shark, Sheep, Tortoise|
|Feather||Rooster, Hen, Pheasant|
|Fur||Black bear, Brown bear, Black wolf|
|Gland||Anaconda, Bull, Crocodile, Deer, Large rat, Pig, Sea serpent, Seal, Shark, Troll|
|Heart||Huge spider, Lava fiend|
|Hoof||Bull, Calf, Cow, Deer, Donkey, Foal, Hell horse, Horse, Mule|
|Octopus ink sac||Octopus|
|Meat||Almost all animals, if not starving.|
|Paw||Black wolf, Crocodile, Dog, Mountain lion|
|Pelt||Dog, Large rat, Mountain lion, Wild cat|
|Tail||Bison, Bull, Calf, Cow, Deer, Donkey, Foal, Hell horse, Horse, Mule|
|Tooth||Anaconda, Black bear, Brown bear, Dragon, Goblin leader, Mountain gorilla, Pig, Troll, Wild boar|
|Twisted unicorn horn||Unicorn|
- Activate a butchering knife or carving knife
- Right-click a piece of meat or fish
- Select Fillet
- The fillets will go in your inventory.
Fillet quality depends on your butchering skill, the quality of the meat or fish, the quality of the knife, and how well you can use your knife (butchering knife or carving knife skill). Filleting never fails as such, but you may get some 1 QL fillets.
- Butchering can be done while moving, so long as you do not move too far away (two tiles) from the tile you are currently working on.
Skills & Characteristics
- Butcher at 50 skill
- Der Metzgermeister / Skinner at 70 skill
- Master Butcher at 90 skill