Wurm Server Release Notes 2005
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2005
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm server release notes as shown in the news section of the Wurm client. The section headings are the date the server was updated; YYMMDD.
Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- 5 typos reported by Ellor fixed.
- Improving walls when not the writ holder should not be possible any longer.
- Inventory restrictions for botanize, harvest, forage, and pick sprout.
- Bug with loosing faith for eating or drinking fixed.
- Village guards should respawn correctly and head for the token more often when in caves.
- It is now possible to spawn at the token itself.
- An anti-cheat fix may happen to people who lag much. Hopefully it will not be noticable.
- Erroneous outline colours on guards fixed.
- Bugs with huge altars fixed.
- Two new spells were added. One to all deities, and one to Libila and Vynora.
- Improving walls/fences is now limited by the item ql and the skill in combination instead of the best of those two.
- Unfinished items now need to be hot in order to finish. They should however keep their temperature at initial creation.
- Decaytime for certain liquids like sap, syrup and juice was far too low so they now last longer.
- More web interface methods.
- You may now remove colors/paints by using a metal brush.
- Probable reconnect-hang bug fixed.
- You may now receive and use titles. Check the /title and /titles commands. A small bug with selecting titles exists, but can be avoided by clicking on the undesired title (or 'none' option).
- Campfire size increased to original size. Forges were made larger again. This will only affect new forges.
- Walls now load colors properly.
- Still debugging the anti-cheat system so some instability may still occur.
- Problem with opening of containers should be fixed.
- Campfires now hold less items than forges.
- Fighting now correctly only gives skill when damage is dealt. Progress may need some tweaking.
- Autoban removed, instead insta-teleportation will happen when you move too fast.
- Dye making should work better with containers.
- Some small reputation fixes.
- Other small bugfixes.
- Drag and drop bug fixed, as well as some other for mortals non-noticable ones.
- Part of the movement cheat detection is now automated and will ban you.
- Fighting now correctly only gives skill when damage is dealt. Progress may need some tweaking. Various other more or less serious bugfixes, with dye, cotton seed picking and pumpkin crushing for instance.
- Colors! You may now find out how to create dyes with the basic colors. You may mix them by using drag and drop into containers (this will be simplified soon). Then you may use that dye to color some items and building walls.
- Reputation system added, and thieving. Non-HOTS people who want to steal things from villages or structures in their kingdom may now lose reputation if they are noticed. You start with reputation 100.
When it reaches 0 you will be labeled Outlaw, and may be attacked by any player from your kingdom and they will receive no penalty for it. When your reputation goes below -100 you will also be attacked by kingdom guards. When your reputation goes below -200 you will convert to HOTS. You may check your reputation using the command [i]/reputation[/i]. Reputation goes up with about 1 per hour, even if offline. Guards in a village may notice you and stop you from stealing in that village. Owners or guests of a structure and kingdom guards noticing you may stop you from stealing from an undeeded structure. The closer you are to someone stealing the lower that persons chances to steal are. Drinking, filling, eating and dragging is also protected by the reputation system. If you kill someone with positive reputation you will lose a large amount of reputation. If you die as non-HOTS while your reputation is negative, you will lose 5 times as much skill.
- Guards move quicker.
- Personal trader bugfix. They now work again, so you will receive the money you sell stuff for. Also, if you set a price that is what he will sell it for as well (ignoring any price modifier).
- You now only gain skill in fights where real damage is dealt. So if a creature is hit hard enough, the next 20 seconds that creature and creatures fighting him may gain skill.
- Armour now takes only half the damage, so they last longer. Their effectiveness remains the same.
- House wall damage bug fixed. House walls now also have a 2 day grace period before they start decaying.
- Skillgain for basic characteristics like strength and also mining has slowed down some.
- You should now be able to lower upkeep at will.
- Tower guards should leave caves now.
- Disbanding homesteads now takes 1 hour for the mayor.
- Decay time has increased for walls and fences in deeded (x10) and been halved in non-deeded, non-kingdom (x0.5) areas.
- Creatures should now leave the 1-tile caves.
- The amount of water you need to drink should have decreased.
- New guard towers should be improvable again.
- The 'Piles of Death' that disconnected you should work again. The server now only sends 100 of the items in a pile and other containers on the ground.
- The damage weapon deals should be more even. Creatures do less damage.
- Creatures in caves should no longer walk through cave walls.
- Desecrating altars should be harder.
- Non-climbing creatures will avoid steep slopes.
- More cave entrances fixed.
- A bug that had reappeared with trading items fixed.
- Wall and fence damages and quality drop lowered for repairing.
- You may now use the /stuck command if you become stuck in a tree.
- Guests may not trade with npcs any longer
- Fixed broken cave entrances.(I hope)
- Gm chat bug fixed.
- Pigs are now leadable.
- Creatures regenerate stamina slower, and not while fighting.
- Trading bug fixed
- Most animals now need food, so in order to slaughter fat cattle you will have to feed them fairly regurarly. They will look for food in the vicinity.
- Creating walls with ql 100 exploit fixed. Their ql was lowered some but not totally, as a reward for reporting the exploit.
- Traders will no longer accept containers with items in them.
- Various other small, invisible bugs fixed.
- Mining on cave entrances should no longer produce an impassable wall
- Multiple creatures appearing on cave entrances fix.
- Various other small fixes. Forge descriptions might still be buggy though.
- Trading changed. Due to the bug with liquids you now have to remove items from containers to receive full price for them.
- Fixed a server crash bug.
- Carts shouldn't become stuck in walls any longer.
- Weapon damage has changed some. Main difference is that tools were nerfed so they do less damage.
- The auto-healing feature that slowly removed the red damage in the stamina bar was removed. It caused you to have wounds but no damage.
- You may now check kingdom influence using the /kingdoms command in any chat window.
- Creatures should not become stuck at cave entrances any more.
- Tried to fix some holes that remained since last fix. Hopefully this did not ruin existing caves.
- Creatures should handle cave entrances better and hunt through them.
- Bug with items on cave entrances fixed.
- Cave entrances now take about 25 mining operations to open.
- Demand should slowly rise for unpurchased items at traders, only purchased items did before:P.
- Deadly cave entrances were fixed. The caves were not properly saved before, so caves made during the weekend were lost.
- New fix for the 1 ore tile bug.
- Attacking a creature in a cave without danger should be fixed.
- You may no longer remove items from trade that are in traded containers.
- Building a fence while in the cave should work better.
- Fences near buildings shouldn't let creatures through any longer.
- Creatures should find their way out of caves better.
- You should now receive a free trader contract when expanding an existing size 5 village deed (not homestead).
- Bug with trader pricing fixed.
- Bug with non-passable water-level cave entrances fixed.
- You will no longer be invulnerable while reconnecting fighting.
- It should no longer be impossible to create fruit juice, and certain fruits are combinable.
- Items becoming invisible/disappearing when dying should be fixed.
- You may now drag carts in and out of caves.
- Fishing and drinking on cave walls fixed.
- Interacting with walls and fences should now work better when standing in the cave.
- Citizens of a village logging on when a citizen has started to disband the village will not automatically stop the disbanding any longer.
- Various bugs creating holes in caves fixed.
- Teleporting for gms should work better.
- Dropping items through walls in caves fixed.
- Invisible/floating players and creatures bug fixed (again).
- You may no longer find ore on the surface. When you mine on the surface you instead create an opening after a while.
- Lots of small bugs fixed as well. For instance:
- The erroneous positioning of players bug should be fixed.
- Trading exploits fixed.
- Some item related bugs like 'last log created size'-bug and 'cannot drop slab'-bug.
- Cloth shoes do not insta-decay any longer. Metal shouldn't become insta-cold when put in an unlit fireplace.
- Wall and Palisade damage taken increased some.
- The rare occurence where players became visually misplaced should be fixed.
- Guards now shouldn't die in one hit.
- A few new creatures who serve a higher purpose have been introduced.
- Creatures now have age and may die from it eventually.
- Bug with trading not ending if both participants did not offer anything fixed.
- There are bartenders in Newtown who feed and quench newbies thirst.
- Banks will start working again. All village tokens have to be manually replaced first though.
- New traders placed by a citizen of a village will pay tax and add to the village upkeep fund when they buy from foreigners.
- The 'floating players' bug may still be in.
- Thanks to Johnwayne and Southernstar for not abusing but reporting a serious exploit. They have been duly rewarded.
- Containers and tiles will now not contain more than roughly 50 items. That goes for your inventory as well. There are several reasons behind this, most of which makes good sense.
- Walls, fences and items now endure much more damage dealt by weapons.
- Server disconnects should be reduced overall.
- The economy has changed drastically and traders should be more sensitive to supply and demand. Prices may be lower now, but will increase a lot over time as trader demands rise.
- Due to good weather, the creatures of Wurm have increased.
- Armour penalties to movement is implemented. Old armour worn is not affected, since it would be too much database hassle to fix :O If you wear new armour it will affect your speed though.
- You can now fight again while moving, but it has a penalty.
- The duplicate wounds that appeared should be gone.
- You should now be able to pick up piles safely in villages where it is allowed.
- Weapon damage has tripled. Wooden items do much less damage.
- Positioning now affects combat for flanking and rear attacks as well as elevation.
- Shark attacks should no longer happen to dead people.
- You may now repair unfinished items.
- A bug with containers that affected for instance piles and campfires were detected. All ash items had to be removed from the game. Possibly some items in campfires have disappeared because of the bug as well.
- Fighting system very much remade. Creatures and weapons do other amounts of damage now. Take care while you try it out and read the forum posts.
- Planting a size 10+ village deed now gives you a trader contract for free.
- Fo healers will now be penalized severely for healing followers of Libila.
- The bug where no stamina was used when creating items fixed.
- A few bugs with cooking (mainly bugs with steaks) fixed.
- Bug with favor going up insta fixed.
- You now harvest maple sap with a bucket.
- An eerie surprise!
- Bushes and fruit trees may now be harvested.
- Pending the fighting system overlook, some items like shafts have been made twohanded.
- Kingdom change is now working again.
- Cooking is now harder if not performed in an oven.
- Some more stone decoration items added. Stonecutting is now a subskill to masonry, and replaces masonry for bricks and such. On this map, you will get stonecutting=masonry if you already have masonry.
- Improving and repairing fences should now yield higher skill gain.
- Your shovel/pickaxe may now get stuck while digging or mining. You have to move to free it.
- Hammers are now improvable again.
- Steeping is now properly called tempering. Don't ask where i got 'steeping' from since it's used for tea.
- You now need to use a pelt instead of rags to polish things (thanks Inacron). Cats and rats have pelts.
- You now succed in making the item on the first try 50% of the time instead of 20%.
- A bug with tempering where water turned into an inventory item fixed. The inventorys have been changed back.
- Objects like axes that need tempering but used to burn up should not burn any longer, so they can be tempered.
- While finishing an item, the improvement rate has been lowered by 0.5.
- Hammer heads and hammers can no longer be improved, since it caused annoying illogicalness.
- Skillgain is now 5 times slower. Skill gain rates have been altered for many skills that were too slow though.
- The bug that made it impossible to finish and improve items is fixed.
- Item creation and improvement is now more intricate. You will now sometimes need a tool to finish creating an item or improving an item. There is a 1 in 5 chance that you succed in making the item on the first try, so eventually you will manage to make it. In the 4 other cases you will end up with an 'unfinished (name)', and will have to perform an action to finish it. Every use of a tool to finish the unfinished item will count as an improve. The reason for this is to encourage finishing those unfinished items.
- Examining the container you are cooking in should now give a good estimation of the difficulty of the meal. The lower the difficulty the easier the meal. Difficulties were also tweaked, since it really was too hard ;) :O :P :) .
- The 'ghost logs' bug fixed. * The bug that made it impossible to move sometimes fixed.
- Most items will now start decaying after about 2 real days. Food starts decaying after roughly 2 ingame days.
- The bug where rafts disappear at creation is fixed
- Reset skills to max 20 and 1 for base characteristics.
- The server was reset. All items, skills, structures, village are gone.
- The reason for this is that someone got hold of an old forum backup, and managed to crack some passwords. Since we do not match your player accounts to emails we could not replace those passwords.
- Limited skill gain per action to max 1.
- Fixed tracking that did not increase.
- The 'You are not trading' bug fixed.
- Heal now removes damage correctly.
- The price of metal art items like pendulums now is affected by their material.
- Item damage should be more 'fluent' so you may predict decay better.
- Batch combine should work now.
- When you found a settlement, no other settlement must be within 100 tiles now, unless you are founding a homestead. The settlement may in that case opt to 'accept homesteads' in which case you will be able to found the homestead within the area.
- Skill gain has been tweaked. Consider it a test for now. You now gain skill only when you succed with a skill roll. You will gain skill either if you have very low skill, or you pass the skillroll fairly good. The reason for this change is to remove the incitament to fail with skill rolls by using low ql tools, thus creating lots of garbage.
- Outside items should decay at a much more even pace. This may have effect on server performance
- Kingdoms are now in. Kingdoms grow around villages and guard towers. Guards towers spawn guards that will hunt enemies within the kingdom border. On wild servers villages can only be built inside the kingdom (on home servers the whole server is the same kingdom), and not too close to eachother. Towers can be built inside the kingdom or very far from any kingdom, and not too close to a village or other tower.
- Villages have a ticking upkeep now. Unless your village is payed for continuously it will be disbanded. The upkeep pays for spirit guards as well. There are three levels of upkeep that spawn one guardtype each. Guards respawn in regular intervals. Anyone may pay upkeep at the village token (village info) or at the guard management menu.
- You may now change sex to female using the command /gofemale. The change is permanent and irreversible.
- Healing spells now should remove the damage in the stamina bar as well.
- Citizen-less guards should stop hunting after a while.
- Respawning at the black altar now works.
- Guards repeatedly overkilling bug fixed.
- If you die in your own village or in an allied village, you now lose much less skill.
- Prospecting for gems is no longer possible;). You now may happen to find one whenever you mine.
- Cooking food quality is now calculated differently. It might be too hard still. * Pushing and pulling is now policed by guards.
- On different server types:
- Wurm will have two type of servers, 'Home' and 'Wild'. Home servers have one kingdom on the whole server. Wild servers host several kingdoms that fight for territory and resources.
- Since we are testing PvP/PvE this is currently a Wild server.
- On Home servers, GM's will act as a police force, protecting players from intra-kingdom griefing and will punish thieves if they are caught.
- On Wild servers, GM interaction is supposed to be kept to a minimum. Use /dev to report bugs and abuse.
- Made it easier finding gems. You will however need 20+ prospecting skill to have a chance to prospect them. You may mine them by chance at any skill.
- Model name bug fixed.
- You may now find (very rare) gems while mining. High prospecting will help. Prospecting now damages the pickaxe.
- You may now create satchels and backpacks.
- Armour chains are no longer ql-capped at skill/5. You may no longer improve them either.
- Fixed a bug with lootable corpses.
- 4 people had managed to run into a bug that gave them 100 faith. Bug fixed and their faith set to 10 instead.
- Some spell costs tweaked.
- Armour now takes half the damage it used to.
- Faith gain is back, but in a new shape. You must pray at altars to gain faith. Deities will only be pleased about 5 times per 24 hours, and with 20 minutes in between.
- Favor slowly rises automatically, faster when praying. High favor is very hard to attain, making for very potent spells later on. Spells have been adjusted accordingly. More spells will come soon.
- Dishes now need meat or fish to become really good.
- Bug with woodscraps fixed. Yoyo's should be available again.
- Bug with landscapes around willows and oaks being disrupted fixed.
- Faith gain put on hold pending new implementation.
- Pvp is now allowed again.
- Non-libilians may not loot corpses from the same kingdom unless they issue the command /release corpse.
- /release corpse makes all your current corpses lootable by the same kingdom.
- When joining a village, your reputation is now cleared.
- Bug with moving forges and similar items fixed.
- This week should be quite heavy with updates.
- In this update, kingdoms are supported. Attacking people from the same kingdom will give severe penalties (except for followers of Libila). You should only be able to interact with members of other kingdoms through local chat, fighting (still NOT allowed!), and emotes right now. Guards WILL attack players from other kingdoms.
- Charcoal piles and plate smithing now shows as a construction option for newbies.
- Tool skills are now rolled when creating items instead of simply giving a bonus, so you gain tool skill now but may fail more often.
- The friends and ignored lists have been reset, since I changed the save format.
- You may now join Libila and the Horde of the Summoned regardless of alignment. Your alignment will become negative permanently, and you may never return to the good side.
- Wound bug where you could not heal others while wounded fixed.
- Two handed weapons like huge axe, twohanded sword, large maul now needs to be wielded with both hands, and no shield may be used. If you are wielding two axes, remove one and the shield. Fighting using both is considered using an exploit and a bannable offence.
- Fruit trees produce less wood than normal trees. Bushes produce no wood. New items will now have the woodtype (although invisible in most cases). Old items are made from birch. Birch burns better than other woodtypes, cedar decays slower, oak takes less damage. Oak grows slower. Willows and oaks kill nearby trees.
- Wall and fence damage is now much more dependant on quality level when destroying, so improve them to at least above ql 20.
Use /dev to report bugs and abuse.
- Improving now works as intented.
- Practice dolls are capped at about 20 for fighting skillgain.
- Clay items are now repair/improvable.
- Skill progression has been tweaked and should be faster in most cases.
- The bug that crashed the game was fixed.
- Democracies may no longer revoke citizenships.
- You may now select to no longer be a citizen of your village by using /revoke.
- Kingdom chat is now optional. Toggle it with /kchat.
- Creation menus bug fix.
- Fish sizes increased so endless amounts shouldn't fit in containers.
- Logs used in improving now is depleted, not damaged.
- Improving now requires 10 times less raw materials, and depletion is done upon finishing the action.
- Muting now stays between logins.
- Fishing rods now take some damage when a fish is caught.
- Improving items now use resources instead, and 'simple improvable' items like weapons now start at a capped ql so you will have to improve them.
- Item creation bug fixed.
- Overall creation times have increased slightly. Endless amounts of items were created before. We're going to change the way items are created in the future.
- Woodcutting skill should progress faster.
- Newbies may now /shout.
- Fish weight is now considered when fishing.
- You may now no longer leave buildings through locked doors.
- Removed the initial cap for improvable items since it diminished the use of raw material ql. Improvable items instead takes longer to create. Skillgain for improving items tripled. Improving ql cap increased. All this is subject to change, don't panic.
- Skills now normally update at the end of an action. Thus, progress has changed and may be flawed in some occasions. This will be trimmed in.
- Improving items now has a max limit quality level.
- Items should fit better in containers and cooked items shouldn't disappear without a dish appearing.
- A destroy option is now available on structure writs.
- Non-newbies may now /shout again.
- Armour now takes 5 times more damage.
- Name check was removed for the weekend pending a name-change implementation.
- The bug with containers that will not hold items or water fixed.
- Hot food quality now depends much more on cooking skill.
- Bug found with key copying. Still untested though.
- Mining and wall/fence building now takes longer time again to preserve the economy.
- Name censoring working now. Some of you may have lost your account due to this. We have no quick fix right now.
- Various bug fixes from bugzilla.
- Some unique creatures to stay away from.
- More actions now take less time.
- You should not be able to insert large amounts of food into small containers any more.
- Damage to walls increased.
- Bug fixes:
- Charcoal piles work again.
- Wooden shields are now created from nails and planks.
- You now need skill to build steep fences.
- You may now improve metal altars using a chisel.
- Creatures should not enter houses. Still some pathfinding cleanup left though.
- Bug with increasing deed size fixed.
- Faith gain speed increased. Bury no longer gives faith.
- Creatures will be a bit more aggressive.
- A few more fascist checks for dragging items that are inside a building while you have walked outside implemented.
- You may now drag liquid to and fill liquid containers that contain food only.
- Burning items and lighting fires through windows are now blocked.
- Ghost structure bug fixed.
- Bears now look like cows instead of humans.
- Respawning bug fixed.
- Combine bug fixed.
- Drinking and eating now theft-protected.
- Foraged food now yields more. Forageable tiles are a little bit more sparse.
- Guests shouldn't be able to create water items outside containers anymore.
- You may now select where you want to spawn after a death. The command /respawn may come in handy at times.
- Animals should hunt less ferociously and may possibly be fooled.
Behave like this, please: For different reasons we have turned off PvP. Since the future will hold different sides, you are now expected to act as if you were on the same side in a huge war. The future will allow same-side griefing but it will be severely penalized. Since neither both sides nor the penalty system is in place, griefers WILL be banned. Griefing now includes bullying, stealing, and menacing in general. Respect non-deeded settlements as if they were actually deeded and guarded when it comes to stealing, building, farming, terraforming etc. GM's are called upon to uphold the law. Use /dev to report abuse. Thank you for your patience!
- Food system changed like this:
- All grass tiles yield forage once every 24 hours.
- Food you forage may feed you up to a certain limit due to its low quality.
- Raw fish and meat gives more, and cooked meals up to max.
- Your stamina level may go up to 4 times your food level.
- Welcome to a clean slate!
- We are testing newbie progress, so no deeds will be given out.
- You have a bank account at your disposal on the village token to protect some of your things.
- We are still going to add features not yet in, so don't expect everything to be totally smooth.
- Good luck and take care!
Behave like this, please: Full PvP is in. This means you may in theory attack anyone. Your deity and local laws may prevent this though. Village diplomats may declare wars on other villages. When both parties have accepted they should then be able to attack eachother with no penalties from their respective deity. A village that has been declared war upon has 24 hours to accept. As soon as they accept, the village war is on. You may not decline a village war declaration. Domains of deities give bonuses to their followers and others of the same alignment. This system should work, but a GMs word is law!
- Bug with excessive faith progress fixed.
- Clay decay time increased.
- Bandaging bug fixed so now you can bandage others again
- Piles and containers as well as carts should now be theft-protected. Food still not though.
- Creatures hunt again. Reputations go up slower.
- Small chance for critical hits to players are now in. No fighting should be totally safe anymore.
- We removed the teleport wands since they have proven to be extremely unbalanced.
- Charcoal piles should work again.
- Farming ql is more proper again, and farming takes less time.
- Banks finally work.
- Bug with theft fixed.
- Faith for followers of Libila shouldn't decrease while attacking now.
- Fatigue is implemented. You receive 4 real hours per real day to perform 'fatiguing' tasks. Fatiguing tasks are usually things that take time. The main reason behind fatigue is to prevent action queueing, but it also serves well in other departments. Some actions may seem stupid to crave fatigue like track, yoyoing or praying, but learn to save some fatigue for those tasks. You may pool up to 8 hours of fatigue. You receive 1 hour of fatigue every 6 hours. Type /fatigue to check how much time you have left. Stamina rises faster, hunger and thirst slower as a compensation.
- Pathfinding works better.
- Theft prevention is now implemented. Some deities will not allow you to pick up things in villages you are not at war with and where you are not citizen or ally, or in any structure where you are not guest. Guards also enforce this rule. Use the trade window to swap items as a standard. You may however drop things and pick them up again anywhere. You may of course also disobey your deity or take your chances with the guards. Use the legal and faith modes to do this. NOTE: To protect old items, you have to drop them once first.
- The server may lag, since items inside containers decay again.
- Faith now work like skills, and go up even slower. Switch tasks to see if you gain more faith if it stops moving.
- Unlit charcoal piles now decay slower.
- You may now make kindling from wood scrap(!).
- Harvests now yield slightly lower quality levels. Max ql is less also.
- Bears and wolves are now common in forests. They may wander into settlements but will not hunt into them.