Wurm Server Release Notes 2022
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2022
2023 - 2022 - 2021 - 2020 - 2019- 2018 - 2017 - 2016 - 2015 - 2014 - 2013 - 2012 - 2011 - 2010 - 2009 - 2008 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005 - 2004
- 1 221222 Patch Notes 22-Dec-2022
- 2 211222 Patch Notes 21-DEC-2022
- 3 151222Cartography is here! (And December’s monthly skin is, too)
- 4 25112225-NOV-2022
- 5 221122Patch Notes 22-NOV-2022
- 6 151122Patch Notes 15-NOV-2022
- 7 081122 Patch Notes 8-NOV-2022 & November’s Monthly Skin!
- 8 011122 Patch Notes 01-NOV-2022
- 9 281022 Patch Notes 28-OCT-2022
- 10 251022 Patch Notes 25-OCT-2022
- 11 181022 Patch Notes 18-OCT-2022
- 12 111022 Patch Notes 11-OCT-2022 & October’s Monthly Skin!
- 13 280922 Hotfix 28-SEP-2022
- 14 280922 Patch Notes 28-SEP-2022
- 15 130922 Patch Notes 13-Sep-2022
- 16 230822 Patch Notes 23-Aug-2022
- 17 160822 Patch Notes 16-Aug-2022
- 18 020822 Patch Notes 2-Aug-2022
- 19 190722 Patch Notes 19-Jul-2022
- 20 120722 Patch Notes 12-Jul-2022
- 21 050722 Patch Notes 05-Jul-2022
- 22 280622 Patch Notes 28-Jun-2022
- 23 210622 Patch Notes 21-Jun-2022
- 24 140622 Patch Notes 14-Jun-2022
- 25 100622 Patch Notes 10-Jun-2022
- 26 080622 Patch Notes 08-Jun-2022
- 27 070622 Patch Notes 07-Jun-2022
- 28 100522 Patch Notes 10-May-2022
- 29 260422 Patch Notes 26-Apr-2022
- 30 290322 Patch Notes 29-Mar-2022
- 31 220322 Patch Notes 22-Mar-2022
- 32 220308 Patch Notes 08-Mar-2022
- 33 220214 Patch Notes 14-Feb-2022
- 34 220208 Patch Notes 08-Feb-2022
- 35 220203 Patch Notes 03-Feb-2022
- 36 220118 Patch Notes 18-Jan-2022
221222 Patch Notes 22-Dec-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed placing items inside houses.
- Bugfix: Fixed placing items on walls causing it to rotate incorrectly.
- Change: Yule Goat and Deer Figurines no longer burn when placed on hot surfaces.
211222 Patch Notes 21-DEC-2022
- Bugfix: Added missing space in metal ink pot examine text.
- Bugfix: Fixed dead deed treasure maps generating with wrong settings. If you have a broken map from this bug open a ticket and a GM will get it resolved for you.
- Change: Added more information on survey examine message.
- New: Added feedback if you’re surveying in a place with reduced skill gain.
- Bugfix: Disabled placing items on doors and gates for now till we can support this better later.
- Bugfix: Fixed survey actions being able to be completed with any item via keybind.
- Bugfix: Fixed rift beasts taunting other rift creatures to attack them instead of players.
- Bugfix: Tweaked turning changes to make them feel more smooth again. (Let us know how these changes feel to everyone)
- Bugfix: Fixed maps not showing to some players in the world when placed.
151222Cartography is here! (And December’s monthly skin is, too)
December’s “Festive Light of the Gods” skin transforms your candelabra into a lovely spinning festive decoration, just in time for the holidays! Available through the month of December in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any candelabra to give it a unique and fancy look!
Today’s update introduces the Cartography Skill to the world of Wurm Online, so pack up those range poles and dioptras and get ready to map it all out! To learn more about Cartography, click the image below: Cartography
Exploration Update Feature
Cartography is a new skill that allows players to create maps of the land around them. Creating a map is started by creating a survey of the land you would like a map of, then using a completed survey on a cartography table to create the map.
Once created, a map can then be combined with other maps, stamped with additional information and icons, copied for trading/distribution, added to an atlas, or displayed in-world as a decoration.
There is a new journal available to everyone on login that will guide you though getting started and reward you with some helpful items on your mapping adventures. Once you hit level 10 Cartography you will unlock a second journal walking you through the creation and use of stamps.
Surveying The first step in creating a map is surveying the land, which can be started by using a blank paper or papyrus sheet on a placed range pole. The range pole will mark the center of the surveyed area, and a series of actions using a dioptra on the survey will have you explore the area around the range pole to collect information about the land and improve the quality of the survey.
Creating & Copying Maps Creation and copying of maps make use of the new Cartography Table and a few items that it can hold. As long as the table contains an ink brush, a blank map, and an ink pot containing ink or dye, using a survey on the table will let you start the Create Map action. If instead of a survey a painted map is used on the table, the Copy Map action will be available instead.
Creating a map will consume the survey and both actions will use some of the ink or dye, and slightly damage the ink brush. At the end of the action, a new painted or copied map will be created. Although a painted map can later be combined with other maps and copied, copying will only work on original maps and you cannot make copies of copies.
Combining Maps For creating maps of larger areas, the Cartography Table can be used to combine multiple maps into a single map. The combining window will let you move and resize maps to set them as you see fit before merging the maps into a single map.
Stamps After a map has been created, stamps are used to add more information to the map - with both basic stamps just containing an icon and gemmed stamps that store extra information with the stamp depending on the type of gem used.
Hovering over a stamp made with a gemmed stamp can show you information about villages, guard towers and mission structures, timed events, basic annotations, and even apply a hyperlink between maps or the world map - so you can mark a spot on the world map that your map relates to.
- Ink pots will now act as a backup source for any reed pen action.
- Chess boards will now remember the positions of pieces and which turn it is between server transfers and resets.
- Fix an issue preventing servers from sending out emails.
- Fixed a font size issue on treasure map text.
- You can no longer get treasure maps on the haven tutorial server
- Bugfix: Resolved an issue preventing some shop purchases from properly crediting to the players account.
221122Patch Notes 22-NOV-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed bows losing magical ink rename on string/unstring.
- Bugfix: Sermon cooldown timer will no longer reset on server crossing.
- Bugfix: Fixed a highway pathfinding issue causing it to stop working.
- Change: Made supreme bone fragments rarer to account for how they combine.
- Bugfix: Fixed inconsistencies with land vehicle and mounts turning.
- Change: Land vehicles and mounts will now begin turning slower and speed up instead of beginning fast and slowing down.
- Change: New maps generated will now use a different colour for sandstone and sand.
151122Patch Notes 15-NOV-2022
- Fix: We have corrected the bundle prices to be the same as the web shop inside the steam shop. We are currently considering options for how we can make this right for those who paid extra for those bundles on steam during this period.
- New: Added the “kick” option to Sigvard to make him stop talking. You can apologize to get him to talk to you again.
- New: New title has been added for 100 skill in Metallurgy. Congrats Hvergi!
- Change: Updated the LWJGL version the client uses to hopefully help with stability issues.
- Bugfix: Fixed text spacing for settings window sliders.
- Bugfix: Fixed camera vibrating while in “Steer mount towards camera” mode.
- New: Holding alt while in “Steer mount towards camera” mode will let you look around without the mount/vehicle steering.
081122 Patch Notes 8-NOV-2022 & November’s Monthly Skin!
- Bugfix: A tamed creature will no longer lose its pregnancy status by going offline with its player.
- Bugfix: More fire and light related fixes
- Kilns and smelters will no longer leave behind duplicate fire effects when the fire goes out.
- Fixed a small inconsistency in the colours of some lights under some circumstances, such as lighting the item and then pushing or placing it.
- Refueling a fire at low fuel levels will now work properly instead of sending a message that the fire is not lit (even though it is).
- The recently-introduced dynamic furnace lights used for ovens, forges, and smelters will once again have flickering and sound like other fires.
- Various minor changes to address some inconsistencies with how lighting is added to or removed from items. This should fix any remaining cases of items leaving lighting effects behind even after being snuffed/extinguished for any reason.
- Turning an item that is placed on another item will no longer cause it to lose its light effects or colour.
- Bugfix: Skill journal tiers will now be visible immediately when getting 20 in a related skill, instead of being invisible until the next login.
- Change: Flaming skulls will now be fueled by candles, like candelabras, and will decay if left off-deed.
- Bugfix: You can no longer drag items into the main bulk container unit (excluding shelves).
November’s Monthly Skin!
- November’s “Sigvard’s Wrath” skin delivers bone-chilling fear to all of your enemies! Available through the month of November in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any Huge Axe to give it a unique and fancy look!
011122 Patch Notes 01-NOV-2022
- Bugfix: Hell horses with extremely tame trait (rare combat) should no longer try to kill rift animals and get themselves attacked.
- Change: When spilling food or drink due to excessive drunkenness, only a single bite or sip will be wasted instead of the entire item.
- Change: Updated the approximate value for the 10 silver pack in the steam shop.
- Bugfix: Poor Sigvard can now be turned and planted.
- Change: The command to toggle CCFP has been removed.
281022 Patch Notes 28-OCT-2022
Hotfix Patch Note:
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue preventing the planting of catseyes and waystones.
Halloween Skillgain and Affinity Chance bonus is now active!
- Until the 5th of November at 23:59 CET (server time), get a 20% increase on skill gain and affinity chances!
251022 Patch Notes 25-OCT-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed crates and other bulk containers sometimes being marked as “busy” forever after transferring bulk items, preventing them from being moved.
- Bugfix: Various fixes to lighting and fires.
- All lighting and related effects will now move properly when an item such a fireplace or campfire is pushed, pulled, or placed.
- Snuffing a campfire will now properly remove related effects.
- Open fireplaces will properly go dark when becoming unlit due to running out of fuel.
- Furnace fire lighting effects (for forges, ovens, etc.) will now more reliably adjust their color and brightness as the furnace runs lower on fuel.
- The “fire is fading” warning message will now more reliably appear.
- At very low temperature/fuel, examining a fire would tell you it was not lit even though it was. Examine will now display a new, more helpful message under those circumstances instead.
- When placing already-lit items on top of other items, or in some other circumstances such as renaming them, the light could become far brighter than intended. This has been fixed.
- Painted light sources, such as lamps, will no longer appear painted when placed on other objects, having only colored light instead, to be consistent with how they normally appear in-game.
- Light sources placed on other items will more reliably change their displayed name when lit or snuffed, and when their temperature changes.
- Bugfix: Glow-runed items will now emit light properly when placed on top of other items.
181022 Patch Notes 18-OCT-2022
- Change: Increased the max slope Erupt can increase a tiles slope up to 300 on PvE servers and 100 on PvP servers.
- Bugfix: Erupt can no longer be cast near mine entrances
- Bugfix: Prospecting surface tiles and analyzing shards should now show the correct quality of veins altered by transmutation rods.
- Bugfix: Fixed anti-creature-clumping code
- Bugfix: Many server optimizations from new profiling data.
- New: New Title added for 100 skill in Defensive Fighting. Congrats Silakka!
111022 Patch Notes 11-OCT-2022 & October’s Monthly Skin!
- Change: Made Defiance starter deed permissions consistent with other PVP servers.
- Change: Erupt is now only able to make a tile a max of 40 slope higher then its surrounding tiles, it is still able to fill in pits that are lower then 40 slope. Erupt will still turn tiles to lava if the slope is too high, just not add any additional slope to it.
- New: Added a new title for 100 skill in Animal Taming. Congrats Moogien!
- Bugfix: Made Keybinds work on items in the two crafting window slots.
- Change: Tooltip Updates:
- Butchering imbue no longer shows up as null in the tool tips.
- Brass rune of Jackal was misnamed as RBsJ and has been updated to RBrJ to be consistent with other brass runes.
October’s Monthly Skin! October’s “Menacing Medium Maul” skin will help you deliver some satisfyingly spiky bonks to your enemies! Available through the month of October in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to a Medium Maul to give it a unique and fancy look.
280922 Hotfix 28-SEP-2022
- Fix: Fixed an issue with Haven not allowing transfer to NFI servers.
- Fix: Fixed an issue preventing meditation path level up on Defiance.
280922 Patch Notes 28-SEP-2022
- Change: Changes to Rifts:
- Removed 1 wave from rifts, this reduces the total creatures spawned by about 40%
- Rift Warmaster now gives 20 points instead of 1.
- Change: Change to the Defiance Meditation cap:
- The meditation level cap has been removed from Defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal Defiance meditation cap still for now but any path can level it up as high as they want.
- Reduced the time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by half, the skill requirements will stay the same and this will effect all paths and all levels.
- Fix: Fixed a shader crash on new Mesa drivers.
- Fix: Buffed Fog – it should now show better in the modern renderer.
130922 Patch Notes 13-Sep-2022
- Change: Crude axe is now updated to use hatchet skill instead of pickaxe.
- Change: When a player manually returns mail it will now last 2 weeks instead of 1 week before being deleted.
- Bugfix: Statues and other ground objects will glow again when equipped with a glow rune.
- Bugfix: Items that are both dyed and have a colour rune attached will now display their dyed colour when placed on the ground.
- Change: Tweaks to creature condition colours on modern renderer.
- Bugfix: UI client issues
- Fixed text scaling on friends/support tabs.
- Added show detailed hover option to options window.
- Freelook mode will now have a crosshair again.
- Added option on skill tracker to scale text size to the width.
- We have also made a few optimizations to hopefully address some of the recent lag issues.
230822 Patch Notes 23-Aug-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing map clues from opening on independence.
- Change: Mini tokens have been updated to better identify what server they belong to.
160822 Patch Notes 16-Aug-2022
- Bugfix: Ebony/molten speed bonus now applies to hitched animals
- Bugfix: New Necklaces from treasure hunting are now improvable.
- Bugfix: Unique skulls are now decorations.
- Unique hats: Crown of the Troll King and Goblin Leader War Bonnet will now no longer show leather as the tool required to imp them when viewed in inventory.
- Bugfix: It is no longer possible to open dirty caskets/sealed bottles that you did not drop/place.
- Change: Archaeology and Restoration Rebalance
- Getting runes will now be slightly easier when combining archaeology fragments.
- The following actions now reduce the chance to receive runes:
- Using the incorrect tool on restoration steps
- Failing an identify action
- Failing a combine action
- Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes.
- Wood fragments will now say wood instead of birchwood.
- When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.
- When combining an alloy metal item the chance of steel is now improved at higher levels.
- When getting runes or casts on combined archaeology items it will now consider an item a tool before a weapon if it is considered both. This prevents tools that are also weapons from getting only weapon runes and casts.
- Rebalanced casts on combined archaeology items to be considerably higher power on average and based on restoration skill.
- The odds of getting a spell cast on a restored item have been roughly cut in half.
- It is now possible to get 5 runes where a bug prevented this in the past.
- A hatchet is now considered a tool and will get tool runes.
- A bush will no longer detract from a tile’s archaeology value.
- The top tier of fragments has been made possible to achieve by easing the requirements a bit.
- A bug preventing sand from becoming investigable more than once per server restart has been fixed.
- Enchantment success runes now reduce difficulty instead of increasing bonus.
- Mend runes are now any target
- Tool tips will now show rune names and abbreviations
- All bulk items will not get runes or casts so they can be stored easily
- Planks have been added to the drop table
- Arrow shafts have been removed from the drop table
- Partially identified fragments will now better reflect what they are (wooden, metal, weapon, etc)
- You can now smelt items with enchantments and runes by confirming the action via a popup.
- Mini tokens will now indicate direction to their associated deed.
- Tin ore no longer shows as a metal fragment on second stage of investigation
- Transferring servers with unidentified fragments should no longer make them revert to iron and steel.
- Crude shovels will no longer be wooden fragments
- Moon metal fragment drop rate in caches has been doubled
- Change: Difficulty and quality formulas for various nature actions have been changed to use your entire skill value instead of only the whole number portion.
- For example, at 99.5 skill, quality and difficulty will be based on that value of 99.5 instead of just 99. This will usually result in slightly higher-quality results when foraging, botanizing, harvesting from trellises, picking pottery planters, and searching for fishing items (grubs, wurms, bark, and twigs).
- Change: The “Improve an Armour Piece to 80QL” journal goal can now be completed by improving a shield to 80QL, not just body armour. The goal’s text has been changed to reflect this.
- Change: Ore ql is no longer capped at 99.9999 and can now be mined at 100 with rare+ or imbued tools if you have 100 skill.
- Change: The /me chat command no longer works in Help related channels.
- Change: Updated time until able to breed timer to be accurate and use a timestamp.
- New: Added a new title for 100 in Hammer skill. Congratulations Nineol!
020822 Patch Notes 2-Aug-2022
- To curb switching faith for bonuses, you now must have 30 faith to claim rewards from a rite event. Religion is intended to be a long-term choice in Wurm.
- Bridge planning will now prevent illegal characters from being used in the bridge’s name.
- Transferring to Chaos from Freedom at a natural border crossing is no longer possible when PVP crossings are disabled for anyone on the boat.
- Added a new title for reaching 100 skill in Gardening. Congrats Richtje!
190722 Patch Notes 19-Jul-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed the Scale of Libila cooldown not working for the on use effect. It now shares the 4 hours cooldown with the animate corpse effect.
- Change: Changed the foreign chat channels description to allow more types of discussion outside help and group finding.
- New: Added a Spanish global chat, you can enable this in your profile menu by right clicking your body.
120722 Patch Notes 12-Jul-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed a text error in event message when planning a bridge.
- Bugfix: Fixed a text error when failing to make a press/fruit press.
- Change: Treasure map model will now be slightly larger when dropped/placed.
Note: Champions on Chaos will officially be removed with this update. Any champion that logs in will dechamp shortly after, with -5 to all characteristics instead of the normal -6; everything else functions as a normal dechamp.
July’s “Raider’s Axe” skin gives a sharp and spikey look to your Axe! Available through the month of July in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to any regular Large Axe (not Huge or Small) to give it a unique and fancy look.
050722 Patch Notes 05-Jul-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue that was causing cedar items to decay much slower than intended.
- Bugfix: Another fix to allow proper triggering of multiple journal goals by one achievement.
- Bugfix: Fixes to UI lag issues.
- Bugfix: Moon metal archaeology fragments will now transform into proper moon metal materials when the item is completed.
- Bugfix: Can no longer place merchants on a bridge without a stall.
- PVP Change: Must now place a merchant within your own kingdom’s influence on PVP servers.
Champions on Chaos
With champions having been removed from Epic and never introduced onto Defiance, the topic has also come up several times about removing them from Chaos. We feel that this is the best short-term solution until we have a chance to rebalance and reintroduce them.
We will disable champions for Chaos during the maintenance reset on July 12th. When this happens, any existing champion that logs in will dechamp shortly after, with -5 to all characteristics instead of the normal -6; everything else functions as a normal dechamp.
We hope to bring champions back in the future, but in a way that makes them less of a requirement to remain competitive and more of a fun gameplay choice.
280622 Patch Notes 28-Jun-2022
- Bugfix: Clarified description of “Create a Set of Cloth Armour” journal goal to mention tabards.
- Change: “Create an Animal Skin Rug” goal will now accept mountain lion rugs.
- Bugfix: Journal goals that exist in more than one tier, such as creating a chess set, are now triggered immediately in all applicable tiers when completed.
- Change: Chess pieces will appear slightly larger now when placed/dropped on the ground.
- Bugfix: Forage and Botanize will now give a chance for a rare roll for rare items given mid action.
- Change: Changed how maps are generated to fix issues with black splotches extending from the top of some maps.
Bugfix: UI Fixes:
- Fixed toolbelt not updating as often as it should.
- Fixed no target button on the target window being delayed when hovering.
- Fixed flashing elements to update as they should when animated (for climbing button and inventory).
210622 Patch Notes 21-Jun-2022
- Bug fix: Corrected description of “Create a Meditation Rug” achievement.
- Bug fix: The “Create 10 Masonry Fences” goal will now properly progress upon completion of any fence using the Masonry skill.
- Bug fix: Achievements related to foraging cacoa beans now refer to the correct item and will trigger properly.
- Bugfix: Fireplaces will now also give warnings about placing burnable items on them.
- Bugfix: The cutlass and sabre rewards from treasure hunting are now improvable.
- Bugfix: Can no longer cast dispel on items which have no enchants or you do not have permission to dispel.
- Bugfix: (PVP) You must now be within range of a chained tower or village token to build or continue a new guard tower.
- Change: Removed non combat hard skill requirements from focusing and left it to just the fighting skill roll instead.
- This fixes being unable to focus with the new combat UI
140622 Patch Notes 14-Jun-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed some issues with windows not updating as often as they should.
- Bugfix: “Bake a pie, tart, or cake” journal goal will now trigger as intended when baking one of these items.
- Bugfix: For journal goals consisting of multiple distinct achievements, such as “Mine Copper and Tin” and “Milk a Cow, Bison, and Sheep”, the journal window will now show which percentage of those tasks you have completed instead of showing the entire task as complete when you have only completed some of them.
- Bugfix: Paving a tile underground will now grant credit toward the “Pave 10 Tiles” journal goal.
- Bugfix: “Write with Black Ink and a Reed Pen” journal goal will now be awarded properly.
- Bugfix: Removed reference to “stone” material in oven and forge descriptions.
- Bugfix: Throwing a snowball at a creature outside of combat will now trigger the appropriate Steam achievement.
- Bugfix: Runes that adjust the size or volume of an item can no longer be applied or dispelled if the item contains other items, or is contained inside another item.
- Bugfix: Treasure map clues will now correctly identify the style of guard towers mentioned in them.
- Change: Treasure hunts will now avoid picking a tile inside a structure for treasure hunt locations.
- Change: Nearby villages for challenge steps on Treasure hunts will now be closer to the actual location.
- Change: Archery Towers will no longer be in the list of Treasure Hunt steps.
- New: Newly generated old village maps may have hover text to show what icons are referencing.
- New: Added a right-click option to maps to show/hide a colour legend.
100622 Patch Notes 10-Jun-2022
- Bug Fix: Fix for some treasure caskets being unable to be opened.
- Change: Vehicle names are now limited to 120 characters to prevent issues.
- Change: UI FPS setting increased in two presets.
- Medium: from 15 to 30
- Low: from 5 to 10
- Bug Fix: Fixes for window ordering, flickering, and updating.
- Bug Fix: Changes made to tile decorations have been reverted to address memory consumption issues.
080622 Patch Notes 08-Jun-2022
- Journal entries are not updated for previously made items.
- This is intentional as we cannot track the previous completion of items. While the creator tag exists, it is unreliable and unavailable on all items.
- The mill salt goal should now trigger properly.
- The 50 Recipes goal will now trigger retroactively.
- Water/Food will now once again drain down.
- Olive oil and spit-roasting recipes have returned, and their achievements should function.
- Fixed rare cases where a map would fail to find a location.
- Mules are no longer valid mission targets.
- Fixed in-game Wurmpedia
- Fixed delay when hiding the UI
- Fixed some UI elements always being on top
- Added right-click option to clues with text for copying the text
070622 Patch Notes 07-Jun-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed Theft Warning window from being cut off.
- Fixed headers in some windows being cut off.
- Bugfix: Corrected the spelling in rift plant description.
- Bugfix: Fixed a text error when examining a cow.
- Bug fix:Removed blank event tab message when harvesting dried grass.
- Bugfix: Corrected wording of event tab message when attempting to hitch a creature to a hitching post of too low quality.
- Change: The burn warning for placing items on something that will damage them is now an alert and will be a different colour in the event tab.
- Bugfix: Fixed attempting to paste some emojis, then clicking, causing a crash.
- Bugfix: Removed some information from corners and borders of tiles.
- Hovering over tile corners will no longer slow slope information.
- Hovering over tile corners and tile borders will no longer show grass height information.
- Bugfix: Planting flowers in a flowerpot or marble planter will now leave the container where it is, instead of moving it to the player’s inventory.
- Bugfix: Planting things in a marble planter, flowerpot, or pottery planter will now retain more data of the original empty item, including any enchantments, runes, or custom colour.
- Bugfix: Fixed difficulty when picking cocoa or coffee from pottery planters.
- Bugfix: Items that are lighter than normal can no longer be planted in pottery planters, and items that are heavier than normal (such as combined items) will only remove the required amount of weight when planted, not the entire item.
- Bugfix: Rope tools now count as “tools” for item improvement achievements. This change applies to all rope tools, including those that existed prior to this update.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where some bulk items, and items with all of their enchantments dispelled, would be prevented from selling to token, discarding, or burning.
- Bugfix: Birdcages will now be brass when created and pre-existing Birdcages will be reverted back to brass.
- Bugfix: Mules can no longer receive the “chance to produce twins” trait, as they cannot produce offspring at all.
- Bugfix: Missions to create altars will now specify the type of altar needed.
- Bugfix: The scale of Libila use effect now has a 4 hour cool down.
- Bugfix: Fixed phobia mode models when placing.
- Bugfix: Map annotations now render at the correct position regardless of UI scale.
- Change: Digging and flattening changes.
- Increased the max slope lower level characters can dig from 10 to 30.
- Fixed flattening calculations to use the intended max slope for lower level characters.
- Flattening a tile will now lower the tile if you do not have the final dirt needed to raise it to a flat state.
- Change: Reduced the house planning calculation by 5 to make the first tile of a house free.
- Change: Death message for a creature dying of disease or starvation now varies depending on the creature’s body type, and has improved grammar.
- Change: Many soft or pliable items (such as pelts, leather, and many cloth items) no longer check the specific dimensions of the container they are placed in. In other words, the container must still have enough volume for these items, but simply being too large in one direction will no longer cause them not to fit. This means that some items may fit in containers they did not fit in before, such as colourful carpets fitting inside large carts, and pelts fitting inside small chests.
- Change: The burn warning for placing items on something that will damage them is now an alert and will be a different colour in the event tab.
- Change: Sound options in the settings can now all be changed while the game is running.
- New: Double-clicking the spell effects icon bar will now toggle the spell effects window on or off.
- New: Players can now empty marble planters, flowerpots, and pottery planters by activating a shovel or trowel, right-clicking the item, and clicking “Empty”.
- Emptying a flowerpot or marble planter will put the appropriate type of flower bouquet into the player’s inventory. For flowers planted after this change, the quality and damage of the flowers will be based on the quality and damage of the flowers used to plant it. For flowers planted before this change, the resulting flower will be 70QL.
- Change: The following actions can now be performed with an activated container containing the appropriate items, without having to activate the item itself. For example, you may now queue multiple sowing actions using a satchel containing seeds. This will allow you to fill your entire action queue without having to change toolbelt slots or activate different items in between actions. Each action will use the first valid item found inside the container. Items inside sub-containers (such as a seed inside a satchel inside a backpack) can be used, but items directly inside the activated container are given preference. The full list of supported actions is as follows:
- Sowing crops on dirt tiles
- Planting sprouts on tiles
- Planting hedges on tile borders
- Planting flowers, grass, thatch, or reed on tiles
- Planting things in pottery planters. To make this easier, selecting a toolbelt slot with a container will now, by default, activate the container instead of the first item found inside. This behaviour can be toggled on demand; clicking the same toolbelt slot again (or pressing the appropriate key binding, if any) will switch between activating the container and activating the item inside like before. This preference is set per toolbelt slot and is saved with the toolbelt arrangement.
- Players will have a chance to find treasure maps during rare rolls on the following actions:
- Botanize/Forage Actions
- Investigating Archeology Sites
- Different maps have different difficulties. Harder maps will be less common but have better treasures!
- Novice(1/5 chance on rare roll)(1-29ql)
- Will be between 2-3 steps long
- Will have very small combat challenges occasionally.
- Will not be terribly far from the locations they are found.
- Challenging(1/10 chance on rare roll, supreme rolls will always give one)(30-59ql)
- Can be 3-5 steps long
- Will have decent sized and not infrequent combat challenges.
- Will be a moderate distance from the locations they are found.
- Difficult(1/25 chance on rare roll, fantastic rolls will always give one)(60 – 100ql)
- Can be 4-6 steps long
- Will always have difficult creatures to kill for most every step
- Will be long distances away from the locations they are found.
- Novice(1/5 chance on rare roll)(1-29ql)
- There are several different clue types to help you find your treasure!
- Map clue: Shows a map with a location you must go to, will not be super close to villages or in an enclosed area.
- Right clicking the map and selecting the hint option will draw a circle on your ingame map with a general area to search, the area gets larger on harder clues.
- Deed Ruins clue: Works similar to the maps but will be focused on areas that past villages have existed.
- Right clicking the map and selecting the hint option will draw a circle on your ingame map with a general area to search, the area gets larger on harder clues.
- Will mark nearby disbanded villages on the map as well as the area to dig.
- Challenge clue: will give an area and some information about an item from a list of items to find.
- Any guard tower that are not enclosed or near or in a village
- Colossus that are not enclosed or near or in a village
- Mission Constructed items that are not in caves/enclosed or near villages.
- Will mention what map grid it is near, this becomes less precise the more difficult it is.
- Combat Challenges: when you try to dig up a location you may come across some creatures ambushing you which you must defeat before you can continue digging it up.
- Will go into hiding again after 45 minutes if not yet killed until you come and dig again, then the same remaining creatures will ambush you again.
- Creatures from this will drop no corpses but will give skill for fighting.
- Digging up treasures!
- Use a shovel on the ground and select the dig up treasure option which will check if any clues you have on you are at your location.
- Has some grace distance, you do not need to dig on the exact tile/item it picks just near it. This grace distance is even larger the easier the clue is.
- Map clue: Shows a map with a location you must go to, will not be super close to villages or in an enclosed area.
- Various changes and expansions have been made to the Journal system:
- Several new journal tiers related to skills and groups of skills have been added, targeted toward newer players just starting to learn and use those skills. These can be unlocked by reaching 20 in a relevant skill, comprise goals related to those skills, and reward 2 hours of sleep bonus and a new title when completed.
- Two new journal tiers related to treasure hunting have been added. Both tiers will be available and visible to all characters with an active premium subscription:
- “Hunting for Clues”: Involves actions that can find treasure maps, and rewards you with a bonus treasure hunt map as well as 1 hour of sleep bonus and a new title.
- “Hunting for Treasure”: Involves finding treasures, and rewards you with a random high-tier treasure hunt prize as well as 1 hour of sleep bonus and a new title.
- The Journal system now supports journal tiers requiring less than 100% of their goals to be completed in order for the tier itself to be completed. This is to add some flexibility to the system and account for a wider variety of play styles.
- This change applies to all new and existing journal tiers.
- Existing journal tiers have had one goal added per tier, and now allow you to skip one goal of your choice and still complete that tier.
- The number of goals required in a tier can be viewed by hovering the mouse cursor over the tier in the Journal window.
- Instead of instantly granting you the reward on your current server/cluster, completing a journal tier will now unlock a “Claim” button you can use to receive the reward at the time and place of your choosing.
Graphics Profiles and UI Changes:
- The settings windows (both the launcher and in-game versions) have been shuffled around to a new layout to support the addition of graphics profiles available on the Graphics tab.
- There are 5 new graphics profiles that will change settings that impact performance so you don’t have to. These profiles include Minimum, Low, Medium, High and Maximum. The final choice in this option is Custom, which will enable the Custom Graphics tab to change any performance-related settings manually.
- There are some settings that are changed within these profiles that will require a client restart before taking effect, but since the majority do not you are able to change your graphics profile while the client is running for an immediate change.
- Selecting these profiles does not change your custom settings at all, so you will be able to switch from Custom to one of the profiles and back with no lost settings.
- Existing players will default to the Custom profile, while new players will default to the Medium profile.
- UI Buffer:
- The majority of UI elements have been shifted to buffered rendering, meaning that they will no longer update every frame, instead only when changed.
- In addition to this, there is a new setting in the Custom Graphics tab to allow limiting the FPS of the UI independently of the normal game FPS.
- Enabling this setting should increase overall FPS in most cases, with the downside of the UI feeling less smooth the lower the UI FPS limit is set.
- Some windows (particularly animated ones) are excluded from this buffer and will update at the normal game FPS.
- Other Changes:
- Text rendering should be slightly faster.
- Disabling reflections and animations will now properly disable them.
- The in-game browser will no longer load in the background if the Wurmpedia setting is disabled.
- Terrain detail and tile decoration settings are now editable while in-game.
- Fixed the hitbox of the hide button on the Main Menu.
- Added an option to the User Interface settings to hide filters in inventory windows.
- Added an option to the User Interface settings to keep the fight window disabled in combat.
- Fixed a sizing issue with clicking through the invisible part of window headings.
- Fixed item icons in inventories not scaling up properly with UI scale.
100522 Patch Notes 10-May-2022
- Change: You can no longer mine, dig, tunnel, cultivate or pack on any PvP starter deeds. Lock picking is still fine.
- New: May’s Monthly Skin!
260422 Patch Notes 26-Apr-2022
- Change: Spawn counts on donkeys have been reduced. This should allow for more diverse creature spawns
290322 Patch Notes 29-Mar-2022
- New: Added the new title for 100 skill in Smithing. Congrats Nineol!
- Change: Removed a 50 skill check bonus in blocking checks for the Scale of Libila.
- Change: Scale of Libila now has a block limit of 4 instead of the unlimited amount it had before. For reference normal shields have a block limit of 2.
- Change: Reduced the bonus faith zones give to combat rolls by 80% on pvp servers. This will only affect non-spell based combat bonuses.
- Change: Enabled the pvp lead limit from defiance for all pvp servers. You are now only allowed to lead 2 creatures when unmounted, and 1 creature when mounted on all pvp servers.
220322 Patch Notes 22-Mar-2022
- Change: Items with a skin applied to them now count as decorations and will no longer take decay damage on a deeds with at least 30 days upkeep.
220308 Patch Notes 08-Mar-2022
- New: Added March Monthly Skin.
- New: Added a new Rockcliff Tapestry.
220214 Patch Notes 14-Feb-2022
- Bugfix: It is no longer possible outside founding a pmk to convert a village from 1 kingdom to another on pvp servers.
- New: Added a new title for 100 skill in Large Mauls. Congrats Subie!
- New: 2022 Valentine Gift
220208 Patch Notes 08-Feb-2022
- New: Added the new title for 100 skill in Cooking. Congrats Shydow!
- New: Monthly skin for February
- Change: Removed shield bashing from caffeine exclusion list.
- We will continue to monitor caffeine changes and adjust them where needed
220203 Patch Notes 03-Feb-2022
- Bugfix: Fixed opening links with spaces in them in an external browser.
- Bugfix: Using the “Find on Wurmpedia” function on house walls should now search for the proper text.
- Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in description of wide staircase with banisters on both sides.
- Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in source crystal item description.
- Bugfix: Pouring liquids is now allowed even when building or village permissions disallow dropping items.
- Bugfix: Corrected spelling error in description of cheese sandwich.
- Bugfix: Difficulty when picking from planters has now been fixed.
- Bugfix: Coffee Ibrik smelting will now work correctly.
- Bugfix: Fixed glowing coals on forges.
- Bugfix: Gravestones will now show the correct material after burying something with them.
- Bugfix: Dragging creature-edible items from bulk containers to hitching posts and feeding troughs should now work properly. Items will now automatically go into the internal container of hitching posts, troughs, and stills.
- Bugfix: Fixed praying on corpses while having an item activated.
- Bugfix: Fix for some chats not being cross server as intended.
- Bugfix: Added taste and eat context to camellia flowers.
- Bugfix: Fixed the weight of coconuts.
- Bugfix: Caffeine values will now drop down correctly when entering decay.
- Bugfix: Fixed caffeine timer looping.
- Bugfix: Tea, coffee and hot cocoa should no longer say they will burn your mouth when tasted.
- Change: Caffeine provided per bean has now been increased.
- Change: You will now be able to drink caffeine even with a full water bar.
- Change: Caffeine created will now have a minimum ql of 5, so all caffeine should be drinkable.
- Change: Separated coffee into cream coffee and spiced coffee.
- Change: Changed cream coffee recipe descriptions and naming.
- Change: Made spiced coffee naming consistent with cream coffee.
- Change: The following types of mineral veins have had their names changed for consistency:
- “Marble wall” is now “Marble vein”
- “Slate wall” is now “Slate vein”
- “Sandstone” is now “Sandstone vein”
- “Rocksalt” is now “Rock salt vein”
- Change: Changed the description of the cacao pod.
- Change: Camellia flower description changed to not mention pink flowers.
- Change: Archaeology reports will now have an indicator in their name when the cache location has been discovered (Located) and when fully complete (Complete). There will also be a message in Event when all possible information about a settlement has been discovered.
- Change: Bookshelves of all types may now hold a significantly larger quantity of items.
- Bugfix: Reset coordinates on Farwalker twigs and stones in inventory / subcontainers on death (only on PVP servers).
And now for Caffeine Changes!
- Bugfix: Mint hot chocolate and hot chocolate will no longer give caffeine
- Bugfix: Fix weights of various caffeine items
- Coffee pot 0.10kg -> 1.50kg
- Tea pot 0.10kg -> 1.50kg
- Coffee cherries 0.05kg -> 0.15kg
- Cacao pod 0.05kg -> 0.30kg
- Coconut 0.50kg -> 0.40kg
- Cacao beans 0.10kg -> 0.20kg
- Coffee Ibrik 0.10kg -> 0.20kg
- Bugfix: Fixed descriptions of various caffeine items
- Camellia Flower
- Cocoa Bean
- Cacao Bean
- Bugfix: Very small quantities of caffeine consumed will once again provide caffeine
- Bugfix: Difficulty fix for picking produce from tea, coffee and cocoa planters
- Bugfix: Coffee Ibriks are now heavy enough to smelt
- Bugfix: Remove ability to pick seeds from yellow and white tea leaves
- Bugfix: Caffeine spell effect should no longer appear stuck
- Bugfix: Caffeine timer durations are now more accurate
- Bugfix: Drinks that can be drank hot will no longer say they will burn your mouth
- Bugfix: Consistency fix for colour of camellia flowers in models and icons
- New: Added new type of tea, Rose Petal tea
- New: Add optional ingredients to new beverages
- Change: Increased volume of teapot and coffee pot
- Volume Teapot [10, 10, 20] -> [15, 15, 20] (Liquid 2.0kg -> 4.5kg)
- Volume Coffee Pot [10, 10, 20] -> [15, 15, 20] (Liquid 2.0kg -> 4.5kg)
- Change: Old tea recipes can now be created inside teapots
- Peppermint tea
- Spearmint tea
- Camellia flower tea
- Herb tea
- Change: Coffee beans can now be combined to allow easier bulk roasting
- Change: Campfires can now be made indoors
- Change: Caffeine drinks will no longer provide extra water
- Change: Caffeine drinks can be drank when the water bar is full
- Change: Doubled the potency of every caffeine drink
- Change: Doubled the hold duration of every caffeine drink
- Change: Disabled caffeine extra skillgain on meditation, lockpicking and shieldbashing
- We have received various opinions on the current state of meditation and have been discussing it
- Change: Tea leaves will only oxidize outside of containers
- Change: Tea leaves oxidization timer will reset when moved into containers
- Change: Cocoa beans have been changed to Roasted cocoa beans to distinguish them from cacao beans.
- Change: Harvesting a Camellia bush will now produce a camellia flower. The camellia flower can be used for the herbal Camellia Flower tea recipe.
- Add optional ingredients to new beverages:
- Spice, sugar, milk and lemon
- Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
- Cream, milk, hazelnut oil, marshmallows, hum bugs
- hazelnut oil, sugar, chocolate, cocoa
- Spiced coffee using any spice
- Cream coffee using any cream
- Black coffee renamed to Coffee due to optional ingredients
- Change: Instead of caffeine consuming fatigue, using caffeine with sleep bonus will now develop restlessness, up to a maximum of 5 hours restlessness.
- Upon reaching 5 hours, caffeine will stop providing its extra skillgain and sleep bonus drain.
- When logged out regardless of bed, restlessness is reduced at the same rate that sleep bonus is gained.
- Sleeping in beds does not affect how restlessness reduction performs.
- Restlessness and Alcohol Decay Rate can be found in the Spell Effects window.
- Change: Caffeine skillgain changed to provide 2x the benefit of sleep bonus at 100% caffeine
- Change: Caffeine sleep bonus decrease speed now unaffected by CCFP fats
- This change does not affect the natural sleep bonus decreases, only the extra sleep bonus decreases relating to caffeine
220118 Patch Notes 18-Jan-2022
- Bugfix: Will no longer show login/out messages to dead players for people around them.