Wurm Server Release Notes 2018
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2018
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm server release notes as shown in the news section of the Wurm client. The section headings are the date the server was updated; YYMMDD.
Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- 1 181227 Patch Notes 27/DEC/18
- 2 181223 Patch Notes: 23/DEC/18
- 3 181221 Patch Notes 21/DEC/18
- 4 181220 Patch Notes 20/DEC/18
- 5 181218 Hotfix 18/DEC/18
- 6 181218 Patch Notes 18/DEC/18
- 7 181217 Patch Notes Gone Fishing! 17/DEC/18
- 8 181122 Patch Notes 22/NOV/18
- 9 181101 Patch Notes 01/NOV/18
- 10 181030 Patch Notes 30/OCT/18
- 11 181004 Patch Notes 04/OCT/18
- 12 180920 Patch Notes 20/SEP/18
- 13 180822 Client Update 22/AUG/18
- 14 180814 Patch Notes 14/AUG/18
- 15 180811 Client Update 11/AUG/18
- 16 180730 Client Update 30/JUL/18
- 17 180726 Patch Notes 26/JUL/18
- 18 180719 Patch Notes 19/JUL/18
- 19 180710 Patch Notes 10/JUL/18
- 20 180705 Patch Notes 05/JUL/18
- 21 180614 Patch Notes 14/JUN/18
- 22 180605 Patch Notes 5/JUN/18
- 23 180426 Patch Notes 26/APR/18
- 24 180406 Patch Notes 6/APR/18
- 25 180405 Patch Notes 5/APR/18
- 26 180315 Patch Notes 15/MAR/18
- 27 180308 Patch Notes 08/MAR/18
- 28 180215 Patch Notes 15/FEB/18
- 29 180207 Patch Notes 07/FEB/18
- 30 180128 Hotfix 2018-01-28: Fix for a crash bug
- 31 180119 Hotfix 19/01/18
- 32 180118 Patch Notes 18/JAN/18
181227 Patch Notes 27/DEC/18
- Change: Merchants can now be placed in stalls under bridges.
- Change: Completed or failed missions will no longer appear on your mission list if older than 3 months.
- Bugfix: You can no longer cast dirt on items which are not really containers but can have things placed on them.
- Bugfix: Life Transfer no longer appears on Tosiek’s spell list in error.
- If you chose Tosiek for life transfer and would like to change please log a support ticket for a GM to change.
- Bugfix: You can no longer take a bite out of a fish and put it back into the fsb which lead to never ending fish.
- Bugfix: Chopping wood in your inventory now ignores the amount of items in a pile on the ground.
- Bugfix: The journal achievement for building a guard tower should now trigger properly when the tower is completed.
- If you completed this entry between the Gone Fishing update and this patch, you will have to put in a support ticket in order to get credit.
- You must show the GM the tower you completed and the creation date must be after December 17 2018 update.
- Bugfix: PvP Tower destroy message is now properly displayed on the twitter feed for the server.
- Bugfix: Keybinds for push (and other moving actions) should perform at the same distance as would the context menu for those actions.
181223 Patch Notes: 23/DEC/18
- Change: Coops will now have a small chance to produce fertile eggs
- Bugfix: Mail cost for items with internal non removable compartments adjusted.
- Bugfix: Fishing reels should now show rarity in examine.
- Bugfix: Reveal creatures and manage animal locate help will no longer show caged creatures.
- Caged creatures / Cooped creatures or creatures on another server will now give a generic message “This creature is loaded in a cage, or on another server.” from the manage animal popup locate.
- Caged or animals on another server will not show on Reveal Creatures spell.
- Bugfix: Buoys can now be planted in deep water
181221 Patch Notes 21/DEC/18
- Bugfix: You should no longer drain stamina while treading water.
- Bugfix: Arrows now count as weapons when casting enchants.
- Bugfix: Weakness once again works on aggressive creatures and enemies.
- Bugfix: Frantic charge can no longer be cast on animals.
- Bugfix: Paaweelr and Vynora can now dig to pile.
181220 Patch Notes 20/DEC/18
- Clarification: The reason global rite spells may be seen frequently for a time:
- This was caused by a large pool of favor being accrued from Rite of Spring not being cast for a long time. Once the changes came through, the restrictions required in order to cast it were loosened. This meant that players *were able to cast several times in succession.
- This may occur a few more times on other servers, but afterwards the favor of the deity will be drained and it will not be able to be cast again until the requirements are met again.
- This isn’t a bug but instead a side effect of the changes being made without clearing the existing favor of deities.
- Change: Chicken Coops can now be secured.
- Bugfix: Containers placed on objects will now display the close animation when the X is used to close the window.
- Bugfix: Dragging a group of tacklebox items into a container slot should no longer give an error.
- Bugfix: Fixed description of get drunk journal entry.
- Bugfix: Alignment on /transfer should be adjusted properly.
- Bugfix: Champions should no longer be able to convert using /transfer.
- Bugfix: Fixed not being able to pass through mine doors in certain instances.
- Bugfix: Fishing reel should no longer outright break on an action.
- Bugfix: Locating rare fishing spots has been improved.
- Bugfix: Journal Entry text for making brass has been corrected.
- Bugfix: Fixed some of the strange behavior when dragging vehicles.
- Bugfix: Nahjo and Fo priests can now level and flatten in caves.
- Bugfix: The 24 hour window to claim global rite spell bonuses will now persist after server restart.
- Bugfix: Life transfer healing resistance will now correctly scale in accordance with amount healed.
181218 Hotfix 18/DEC/18
- Bugfix: Fix wording for failing to catch a grub.
- Bugfix: Empty Item Slots will no longer burn up or go negative quality.
- Bugfix: Creatures and templars should no longer teleport up and down mountains and across water.
- Bugfix: Interrupted fishing should no longer leave body parts scattered at your feet.
- Bugfix: Fix to prevent custom named lit items to lose their custom name when carried across servers.
- Bugfix: 1 salt will be created for every 10kg of salty water instead of 1 for each 1kg.
181218 Patch Notes 18/DEC/18
- Bugfix: Fixed stamina draining excessively fast when climbing.
- Change:As a result of this bugfix, we’ve also taken the time to review how climbing works, and have adjusted stamina drain to be tied closer to skill, with up to 2x less stamina drain near 100 skill (Non linear). If the climber has goat shape it will not stack, instead preferring to use the goat shape bonus over climbing skill.
- Bugfix; Removed fishing trophy.
- Bugfix: Handles are now properly consumed when used to craft higher tier handles.
181217 Patch Notes Gone Fishing! 17/DEC/18
New: Fishing is now interactive with many new features and items. New item: Fishing rod New fishing reels
- Light fishing reel
- Medium fishing reel
- Deep water fishing reel
- Professional fishing reel
- Fishing Reels are added to rods so that they can be used for fishing. A fishing reel holds up to 1 line (which in turn may contain other things), and may be placed in a rod. Fishing Reels will take damage from use, with rare fishing reels taking less damage and less likely to break rod.
Rare reels make it easier to reel the fish in.
New handles for fishing:
- Handle – same item as current in-game version.
- Wrapped handle – same item as current in-game version
- Reinforced handle
- Padded handle
New fishing lines:
- Basic line – used on pole, may only contain a (wood or metal) hook
- Light line – used on basic fishing reel, used to catch smaller fish
- Medium line – used on fine fishing reel, used to catch medium fish
- Heavy line – used on deep water fishing reel, used to catch large fish
- Braided line – used on professional fishing reel, used to catch ‘special’ fish
Floats Floats can be added to lines which affects which fish are more likely to be caught. There are 4 types of float:
- Feather – part of butchered loot from rooster, pheasant and hen.
- Twig – found on bush tiles.
- Small moss – taken from moss.
- Bark – found on overaged birch trees.
- Floats will take damage over time when used, and will need replacing from time to time.
- Hooks are added to lines to catch fish. There are 3 types of hook:
- Wood – same as current item, better for fly fishing
- Metal – same as current item, better for deep water / sea fishing
- Bone – made from goblin skulls
- Hooks behave as a container, which may contain bait, and will take damage over time as they are used.
Wood type will affect how fast a fish turns up
Bait When used on a hook, bait increases the chance of catching particular fish. There are 12 types of bait:
- Fly – You catch these using a pottery jar with a bit of honey in it, on animals that require grooming.
- Cheese Piece – Cheese Broken into smaller pieces.
- Dough Ball – a small ball of dough.
- Wurm – Found on dirt and mycelium tiles.
- Sardines – Caught using fishing nets in shallows.
- Roach – Caught in shallow waters.
- Perch – Caught in shallow waters.
- Minnow – Caught in caves.
- Fish Bait – Small fish chopped up.
- Grub – Found in shrivelled trees, prised out using an awl.
- Wheat Grain – from wheat!
- Corn Kernel – from corn.
Each time a fish bites on a baited line, the bait will take damage (e.g. the fish eats a bit of it). Bait is not required to catch fish (i.e. you can catch fish without bait), but the chances are a lot lower. Different fish prefer different bait.
Fishing Net The fishing net can be used to catch small fish in shallow waters. Small fish may be used directly, or turned into bait to use on larger fish. This is the only way to catch sardines.
Keep Net A keep net may be attached to a boat, and is used to preserve freshly caught fish (i.e. reduce decay). It can also be planted on the ground next to a player. Note that it must be planted, in water, to behave as a container; just dropping it will not allow fish to be placed in the keep net. It can only be picked up when empty.
Tackle Box The tackle box is a special new container designed to streamline fishing. As well as being a convenient place to put spare floats, lines, bait, and other fishing paraphernalia, it automatically replaces fishing consumables as they are used up. In particular, as bait and floats are consumed (i.e. reach 100 damage), if your tackle box contains a suitable replacement, it will be automatically be moved to the rod when it gets to 100 damage at the end of the fishing action. The tackle box needs to be in inventory to work, and a consumed item will only be replaced by the same type of item (e.g. a feather float will only be replaced by another feather float; it will not be replaced with a moss float).
The auto-replacing will happen at the end of the Fish action. The auto-replacement depends on fishing skill, with each item type having a specific skill requirement:
- Bait will be auto-replaced at 10 skill
- Hook will be auto-replaced at 30 skill
- Float will be auto-replaced at 50 skill
- Line will be auto-replaced at 70 skill or at any skill if reel exists.
- Reel will be auto-replaced at 90 skill (does not apply to fishing poles as they don’t have reels).
- When an item is consumed (i.e. it wears out), you will get a message at the end of the fish action.
Spears In addition to rod fishing, this update includes spear fishing. This utilises the current spears already in game, with no functional difference (as far as fishing is concerned) between metal and long spears.
Fishing Rod Rack The rod rack is a new container for storing fishing rods and poles when not in use. It operates in a similar fashion to a polearm rack, and has different models for empty and utilised states. Rod racks may be placed and secured.
Fishing Buoy Buoys can be used to mark fishing spots. They are floating items that are anchored to a particular item, and may be used to show special fishing spots, for example. Buoys use the same placement rules as sign posts, except they need to be placed on underwater tiles. They operate as light sources (similar to a street lamp), and may be dyed. If blessed will not use fuel, but do require fuel to be lit.
Water All water tiles are now categorised into 6 groups:
- Sea – open water
- Sea shallows – open water shallower than 25
- Lake – enclosed water, larger than a pond
- Lake shallows – enclosed water shallower than 25
- Pond – enclosed water, not big enough to be a lake
- Water – not big enough to be a pond
- Note: Any water tiles underground, uses Lake or Pond (or Water)
Note: The calculation is performed on server start so modifying water sources will not change their type until the next restart.
Brackish water Lake water is considered fresh, while sea water is considered brackish. Brackish water can be drunk and used for cooking as usual (with no ill effect), and can be boiled to make salt – 1 salt per kilogram of brackish water.
General Attributes All fish now have a set of attributes which determine where and when they are more likely to be caught:
- Preferred water type (lake, sea, etc)
- Minimum and maximum depth.
- Feeding height.
- Rod types.
- Time of day – some fish like to feed in the morning, afternoon, evening or even at night
- Baits – each fish has a favorite bait, some baits it likes, others it is less likely to eat, and some it will never touch.
- Outside or in caves – some fish are only found underground
- Rare fish can only be caught on special tiles (which are out at sea).
- Special Tiles
- Special tiles are an area where special (rare) fish may be caught. They will now move with the season, and have been recalculated (i.e. they will have moved on server restart). Non-special fish types may be caught on special tiles, but special fish can only be caught on special tiles, and a lesser chance if close to a center spot. These areas can overlap, so its possible to find places where two special fish can be caught.
Special tiles are only found in open water (i.e. sea). Finding and recognising tiles is unchanged, and uses a pendulum.
New: Chicken coop added Requires 50 Fine Carpentry skill to create and continue.
Coop info Coops contain multiple sub items inside.
- Nesting Box, This is where the loaded hens reside.
- Feeder, this is where you place food.
- Drinker, this is where you place water.
- Egg Box, this is where you get the eggs from when they are laid.
- Locks and permissions
- Coops are lockable and spawn on creation with a 1ql small padlock.
- Coops have manageable perms, like any other lockable container.
- You can only load hens into the coop.
- To load a hen, one must first lead one, then right click the coop and click “load creature”.
- To be able to load the creature there must be water in the drinker and food in the feeder.
- You can only put food in the feeder that can be planted. Example: pumpkin seed, or corn.
- Loadable chicken count is QL / 10 + rarity (max 13 for 100ql fantastic).
- QL must be greater than or equal to 10 to load a chicken.
Feeding and watering
- Polling for the feeder and drinker happens every 4 hours at which time, creature count in food is subtracted from the feeder. E.g. if there are 4 hens loaded 4 food will be subtracted.
- Also 250 grams of water for each hen will be subtracted from the drinker.
- Eggs will be created every 12 hours.
- Egg ql is dictated by the ql of the coop.
- Egg count is equal to the count of the chickens.
- If either the feeder or the drinker is empty on egg poll the chickens will be unloaded on the center of the tile where the coop resides.
- You cannot load a coop with chickens in it.
- Chickens in a coop, on deed, count towards the ratio.
- You cannot bash a coop with chickens loaded.
- The egg box will only hold 100 eggs.
New: Tower influence chaining system on PvP servers: Influence Chaining An influence chain is any land that a kingdom has influence over that is fully connected (chained) back to a valid starting point for that influence. All kingdom capitals and starter deeds (for base kingdoms) are considered a chain start point, and any tower or deed in a kingdom must connect back to that start point via influence chaining.
In order for a tower or deed to be considered chained to a kingdom’s influence, it must have a continued chain of influence (from kingdom towers) back to a chain start point. Towers radiate an influence out to 60 tiles from their base, and deeded land has influence as well. Because of this, any new towers built must be built within a 100 tile range of another tower of the same kingdom (minimum range remains 50) in order to continue the chain.
In order to carry over the current state of towers on the servers at the moment, any tower within 120 range of another will still be considered chained, and allows for a valid spot between those two towers to build a new one to maintain the chain should one tower be destroyed after the update (and can no longer be rebuilt at 120 range).
There are a few penalties involved with this system to promote completing and holding chained influence:
- Any tower outside of chained influence will no longer respawn tower guards.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will respawn spirit guard waves 3 times slower.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will no longer have guards maintain fences, bridges, floors and walls – similar to when a deed has less than a month of upkeep remaining.
- Any deeds outside of chained influence will have on-deed mine doors take 3 times as much bashing damage.
Tower Conquest Towers will no longer be able to be conquered to convert them to your kingdom. To remove a tower, you will have to bash/destroy it, then reconstruct a new one within your tower influence chain.
Bashing a tower will now spawn waves of guards when it reaches 30, 60, and 90 damage, and waves will become more challenging as the damage increases.
At 90 damage, the kingdom that owns the tower will get a message in the Deaths tab stating that the tower is under attack.When the tower is destroyed, there will be a global message to all kingdoms on the server that the tower has been destroyed.
Change: Major priest rework. New Spells
- Cleanse [33 faith, 26 favor] (Fo) – Targets tiles. Converts a 3×3 area of Mycelium or Mycelium trees back to normal grass or normal tree. Also works on dirt, converting dirt tiles to grass.
- Essence Drain [61 faith, 100 favor] (Libila) – Targets items. Enchant that serves as Libila’s version of Life Transfer. However, the healing done is only 1/3rd of what Fo’s Life Transfer grants. To counterbalance, Essence *Drain also deals a wound at 10% of base damage as internal damage.
- Focused Will [31 faith, 10 favor] (Magranon) – Targets wounds. Heals 5% to 20% damage, based on cast power. Drains stamina from the caster equivalent to the amount healed. Amount of stamina drained is reduced by body stamina, similar to all other stamina drains. Can be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Hypothermia [70 faith, 50 favor] (Vynora) – Targets creatures. Deals 10,000 base damage and 300 bonus damage per power. Cooldown of 60 seconds and range of 12.5 tiles. Cast time of 15 seconds. Shares a spell resistance with Inferno and Worm Brains.
- Inferno [65 faith, 40 favor] (Magranon) – Targets creatures. Deals 30,000 base damage and 75 bonus damage per power. Cooldown of 60 seconds and range of 12.5 tiles. Cast time of 20 seconds. Shares a spell resistance with Hypothermia and Worm Brains.
- Purge [45 faith, 35 favor] (All Gods & Demigods) – Targets creatures. Removes all beneficial spell effects from the target. Will not remove karma spell effects.
- Summon Soul [80 faith, 100 favor] (All Gods & Demigods) – Targets items, creatures, and tiles. Allows a priest to summon another player to their location. Disabled on PvP. Requires consent from the target to be summoned via a window that pops up.
Libila on Freedom Libila is now available as a deity on Freedom servers. The following Libila spells have been disabled on PvE Freedom servers:
- Corrupt (previously Fungus)
- Zombie Infestation
- Land of the Dead
- Rite of Death
- Deity Passives
- Warrior passive damage bonus has been decreased from 25% to 15%.
Item protection on death passive has been adjusted. Base chance to save items has been reduced from 50% to 35%. Resurrection stones will override this passive and apply it’s 50% chance instead if used. Messaging when slain with this passive and a resurrection stone equipped has been improved. Base gods now have extra combat passives at 70 faith. These do not apply to demigods, even if the demigod shares a template.
- Fo: +1 offensive and defensive CR while fighting on grass, dirt, tundra, fields, or trees.
- Magranon & Libila: +2 offensive CR. No conditions.
- Vynora: +2 defensive CR while fighting on pavement or at sea (boat/swimming)
Base deities have had passives adjusted: Fo
- Stamina bonus now applies on tundra as well as other natural terrain.
- No longer has the passive granting double favor for sacrificing pottery items.
- New Passive – Favor Regenerator. Natural favor regeneration is increased by 10% for Libila priests with 35 faith.
- New Passive – Befriend Monster. Monsters are no longer aggressive towards Libila priests with 60 faith and 30 favor. This does not apply to all hostile creatures, as some are not considered monsters (like bears). This also excludes rift monsters and legendary creatures.
- Now has death protector, granting a 75% chance to reduce skill penalties from death by 50%. Requires 60 faith and 30 favor.
- Now has the passive granting double favor for sacrificing pottery items.
Priest Restrictions The following restrictions have been lifted from priests:
- Create structures and fences
- Continuing structures, fences, and items
- Repairing structures
- Alchemy (including healing covers)
- Bashing structures and fences (includes structure roof & floors)
Fo and his template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
Libila and her template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- War machine operation
Magranon and his template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
Vynora and her template demigods have had the following priest restrictions lifted:
- Leveling (including border)
Demise & Protection Rework Non-Religious Demises (Animal, Dragon, Human, Selfhealer)
- Animal’s Demise – Now named “Animal Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against non-legendary animals (cats, bears, lions, etc). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Human’s Demise – Now named “Human Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus towards players and humans (including guards). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Dragon’s Demise – Now named “Legendary Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against legendary creatures (uniques). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
- Selfhealer’s Demise – Now named “Monster Demise” and grants a 3% damage bonus against non-legendary monsters (trolls, goblins, etc). No longer grants a hit chance increase or crit bonus.
Religious Demises & Protection
- All of these demise and protection enchants have been removed from existing items. They will no longer apply to weapons and armour. These spells instead been reworked into the following spells to enchant jewelry.
- All of these spells conflict with each other and Nolocate, meaning you can only have one of these enchants on a single piece of jewelry at a time.
- Stacking two or more of an identical enchant across multiple slots results in a penalty to each one. This penalty is 33% reduced effectiveness for two identical enchants and 50% reduced effectiveness for three identical enchants.
Offensive Jewelry Enchants
- Blaze (Magranon) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to fire damage dealt while worn.
- Corrosion (Libila) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to acid damage dealt while worn.
- Glacial (Vynora) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to frost damage dealt while worn.
- Toxin (Fo) – Grants a 2.5% to 5% increase to poison damage dealt while worn.
Defensive Jewelry Enchants
- Acid Protection (Fo) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to acid damage dealt while worn.
- Fire Protection (Vynora) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to fire damage while worn.
- Frost Protection (Magranon) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to frost damage while worn.
- Poison Protection (Libila) – Grants a 2.5% to 7.5% reduction to poison damage while worn.
- Prayers and sermons now grant favor to the template deity instead of having a new pool for every demigod.
- Rites now function off of template god favor pool when cast by a demigod.
- Rites no longer require a specific amount of players in local to cast, and their deity favor cost is no longer dependant on the amount of players on the server.
- All Rites now create a 24 hour window for players to claim the reward. Upon casting, any player of the same template deity as the caster can pray at any altar or applicable location (for example, Magranon can pray on rock) to obtain the bonus.
- All Rites now grant up to 5 hours of sleep bonus and 0.2% towards 100 of a certain characteristic.
- Rite of Spring – Now grants 0.2% Mind Logic towards 100 instead of a flat 0.1 increase. Still grants 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now doubles all boat speed on the server it’s casted on for 24 hours.
- Ritual of the Sun – Now grants 0.2% Body Stamina towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now heals all structure walls and fences within Magranon & his demigod faith zones.
- Holy Crop – Now grants 0.2% Soul Depth towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus. Now performs a Genesis cast on all applicable creatures within the domain of Fo and all template demigods.
- Rite of Death – Now grants 0.2% Soul Strength towards 100 and 5 hours of sleep bonus.
- Healing spells now work off a global healing resistance debuff. This debuff is applied based on how much health is healed on the target, and will reduce all further healing on the target from any of the listed healing sources based on how much time remains on the debuff. The maximum time is about 20 minutes, and the reduction scales linearly from that mark. For example, if you have 10 minutes on your healing resistance, you’ll receive heals at 50% effectiveness.
- Cure Light – Now heals 15% + up to 5% more based on cast power. Previously healed 15%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating that their wound was healed. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Cure Medium – Now heals 30% + up to 10% more based on cast power. Previously healed 30%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating that their wound was healed. Now deals more damage to undead. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Cure Serious – No longer heals a wound fully. Instead, heals a wound for up to 90% + up to 30% more based on cast power. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating their wound was healed. Now deals more damage to undead. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles. Can now be cast on a creature and will automatically target their highest severity wound.
- Heal – Now heals 40% to 200% based on cast power. Previously healed 30% to 150%. Target of the cast now gets an on screen message stating they were healed. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles.
- Life Transfer – Amount healed remains the same, but no longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Also bypasses the minimum damage threshold for healing, and will always apply some amount of healing as long as damage is dealt with the attack. Now works off the global healing resistance.
- Light of Fo – Completely different operation. No longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Still limited to 5 wounds. Cast power heavily impacts the severity of wounds that are able to be healed. Cast time increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Scorn of Libila – Completely different operation. No longer heals wounds at random and instead prioritizes high damage wounds. Wounds healed limit increased from 2 to 3 per target. Now heals at minimum 3 wounds even if no damage is dealt. Each target that is dealt damage now allows up to 3 additional wounds to be healed, increased from the previous 1. Difficulty reduced from 60 to 50. Area of effect adjusted to 7×7 – 11×11 based on cast power.
- Many offensive spells in the game now also have their own resistances. These function identically to the healing resistance above, but have much lower maximum durations for their resistance values.
- Drain Health – Resistance applies to both the offensive and defensive portions of the spell. For example, using this to heal will give you a resistance to Drain Health, which not only reduces healing received from consecutive casts, but also reduces damage taken from others attempting to Drain Health you. Resistance is capped to 5 minutes.
- Fireheart – Resistance capped to 2.5 minutes.
- Fire Pillar – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Fungus Trap – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Hypothermia – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Inferno and Worm Brains].
- Ice Pillar – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Inferno – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Hypothermia and Worm Brains].
- Pain Rain – Resistance capped to 4 minutes.
- Rotting Gut – Resistance capped to 2 minutes.
- Scorn of Libila – Resistance capped to 5 minutes. Applies to damage portion only. Healing is affected by global Healing Resistance.
- Shard of Ice – Resistance capped to 2.5 minutes.
- Smite – Resistance capped to 5 minutes.
- Tentacles – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Tornado – Resistance capped to 3 minutes.
- Worm Brains – Resistance capped to 5 minutes [Shared with Hypothermia and Inferno].
- Locate Rework
- Locate Soul – Now has a 2 minute cooldown. Utilizes Locate Resistance.
- Nolocate – No longer able to be cast on creatures/players. Utilizes Locate Resistance.
- Lurker in the Dark – Now has a maximum radius of 100 tiles. This is reduced by up to 50 tiles based on the highest equipped Nolocate jewelry of a player. This is reduced again to 25 tiles when it’s a stealthed player.
- Locate Resistance
- When located successfully by another player, you obtain “Locate Resistance” with a duration based on the highest Nolocate power jewelry you have equipped. This resistance prevents you from being located by any player until it expires. At 100 nolocate, this duration is 5 minutes. Being located by other players in your kingdom will not apply a cooldown, even if you have Nolocate.
- If the casted locate spell does not beat your nolocate (the power is lower than your jewelry), the Locate Resistance is not applied and the locate spell fails. The locate spell will still receive a cooldown.
- The messaging is identical whether you resist a locate due to having a higher nolocate power or have Locate Resistance. This means players cannot know for certain whether you are resistant or whether their specific cast did not defeat the threshold required.
Specific Spell Changes
- Aura of Shared Pain – Removed from Magranon. Added to Libila.
- Bearpaws – Damage bonus for players has been increased significantly. The new damage bonus is roughly triple the previous values of Bearpaws. Bonus damage for non-players remains the same.
- Bless – Followers of Libila no longer need to Bless a creature in order to tame it. They can still bless a creature to prevent a white-lighter from taming it.
- Bloodthirst – Epic changes to Bloodthirst now apply to all servers. Now deals up to 33% increased damage at 10k instead of modifying base damage. Additionally, Bloodthirst now has a power / 100,000 chance to inflict an infection wound on the target (10% at 10,000 Bloodthirst). This infection wound will ignore enemy glance rate. Infection wounds now heal or worsen every minute, and will rapidly worsen. Bandaging or treating the infection wound will stop the worsening effect, but it will still tick every minute.
- Break Altar – Now costs 20 favor to cast on normal altars. Remains 80 favor to cast against WL/BL.
- Charm Animal – No longer able to be interrupted by taking damage during combat.
- Cure Light/Medium/Serious – See Healing Rework above.
- Dark Messenger – Mailboxes enchanted with Dark Messenger can now be used by all players, including those in white light kingdoms (including PvE freedom servers).
- Dispel – Now has a difficulty increase based on distance. Does not apply to item dispels. Now partially dispels effects on creature targets based on cast power. The dispel resistance is no longer a pass/fail mechanic and now reduces the power of dispel casts on a target with resistance. Dispel resistance has been translated to the new resist system.
- Dominate – Power of the cast now uses Channeling as the primary skill check, with Soul Strength added as a bonus. This is the reverse of previous functionality. It should be easier to dominate creatures if your Channeling is higher than your Soul Strength after this change. No longer able to be interrupted by taking damage during combat.
- Drain Health – No longer heals a set amount when cast. Instead, it now heals for double the amount of damage dealt. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Drain Stamina – Cast time reduced from 10 seconds to 9 seconds. Range increased from 1.5 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Excel – Favor cost reduced from 40 to 20.
- Fire Heart – Cast time increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Damage now ignores armour. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Fire Pillar – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Damage per power reduced from 3.0 to 2.75. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Flaming Aura – Now bypasses the minimum damage threshold and will always apply a wound, regardless of the target’s armour.
- Forest Giant Strength – No longer limited to having below 40 body strength. Instead, it now applies a temporary “curve” to Body Strength based on cast power.
- Fungus – Renamed to “Corrupt”.
- Fungus Trap – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage increased from 250 to 350. Damage per power reduced from 2.5 to 2.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Frantic Charge – No longer grants bonus movement speed (to mounts or otherwise). Duration multiplied by 20 to match other buffs like Excel, Oakshell, and Truehit.
- Frostbrand – Now bypasses the minimum damage threshold and will always apply a wound, regardless of the target’s armour.
- Genesis – No longer instantly kills undead, and instead inflicts a heavy internal wound between 50% and 125% health based on power. Damage ignores armour, but does not ignore other DR factors such as body strength and similar.
- Heal – See Healing Rework above.
- Hell Strength – No longer limited to below 40 strength. Now applies a temporary “curve” to Body Strength and Soul Strength based on cast power. Both stats are modified at roughly half value of Forest Giant Strength’s effect.
- Humid Drizzle – Cooldown reduced from 15 minutes to 30 seconds. Cast time reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds. Creatures now gain a 15 minute resistance to Humid Drizzle when affected. They will not be able to be affected by another Humid Drizzle until the resistance expires.
- Ice Pillar – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage decreased from 250 to 150. Damage per power increased from 2.5 to 4.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Mend – Quality reduction is now based on how much damage was repaired. For example, mending an item with 7 damage will only reduce quality by 0.7. Maximum amount of damage mended per cast remains 20.
- Mole Senses – Now performs an “analyse” on the rocks below the surface when cast. This will display ore types detected in the caves below, with the radius and types of ore discovered based on cast power.
- Nimbleness – Favor cost reduced from 80 to 60.
- Land of the Dead – Amount of corpses raised is now limited to cast power.
- Life Transfer – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Healing uses the new healing resistance (see above).
- Light of Fo – See Healing Rework above. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting.
- Locate Artifact – Now available on all deities, including Fo and player demigods.
- Lurker in the Woods – Now able to locate unique creatures as well as champions.
- Mass Stamina – Cast time reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Mind Stealer – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100.
- Oakshell – Maximum damage reduction decreased from 80% to 70%. Maximum glance rate decreased from 40% to 33.3%. Can now only be cast on players on PvP servers. Oakshell now reduces mounted movement speed across all servers instead of just Epic. This movement speed penalty has been fixed to apply to hitched creatures as well.
- Pain Rain – Base damage increased from 4,000 to 6,000. Area of effect changed to 5×5 – 9×9 based on cast power. Uses new damage resistance (see above).
- Phantasms – Reworked into essentially a new spell.
- On players: Now applies a debuff that causes the outlines of enemies and allies to swap randomly every few seconds.
- On non-players: Now causes the target to attack a nearby unit that is hostile to the caster. For example, with two trolls attacking you, casting on one of the trolls will cause it to attack the other.
- Rebirth – Creatures resurrected using Rebirth can no longer be equipped with gear, unless it is valid equipment (such as saddles, horse shoes, etc. on a zombie horse). This removes the ability to equip zombie trolls with weapons and armour.
- Refresh – Cast time reduced from 15 seconds to 9 seconds. Range increased from 1 tile to 3 tiles.
- Rotting Gut – Base damage increased from 5,000 to 8,000. Damage per power increased from 50 to 120. Cast time reduced from 10 seconds to 7 seconds. Damage type changed from Infection to Acid. Uses new spell resistances (see above).
- Scorn of Libila – See Healing Rework above. Uses new damage resistance (see above).
- Shard of Ice – Base damage decreased from 10,000 to 5,000. Damage per power increased from 100 to 150. Damage now ignores armour.
- Smite – Damage now scales from 50% to 100% of previous value based on cast power. Range increased from 1.5 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Sunder – Now deals up to 20 damage based on cast power, instead of always 20 damage. Higher quality items take reduced damage. Higher damaged items take reduced damage. Heavy weight objects take significantly reduced damage, though any item 5kg or under will take the full damage. Can now be cast on any item that can be bashed (including forges & ovens). Normal permissions for bashing apply, including on PvP servers (guards must be dead etc.)
- Tangleweave – Reworked into essentially a new spell.
- Tangleweave now has a 3 second cast time and costs 15 favor. When cast, Tanglewave will interrupt the target’s spell cast, and apply the increased spell cast timer debuff for a short duration. Can now be cast in combat.
- Tentacles – Deals wounds 10 times faster for 1/10th damage. Base damage increased to 400 from 250. Damage per power decreased from 2.5 to 1.0. Damage now ignores armour. Now displays an on-screen message for nearby players when being cast and finished casting. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Tornado – Now able to be cast while in combat. Base damage reduced from 5,000 to 4,000. Damage per power increased from 50 to 80. Damage now ignores armour. Area of effect changed to 5×5 – 9×9 based on cast power. Uses new spell resistances (see above).
- Venom – Favor cost reduced from 120 to 100. Damage conversion now occurs before glance calculations. Still deals poison wounds, but those poison wounds do not inflict poison status (that causes the instant kill). The 20% damage penalty has now been scaled based on cast power, with 100 power completely cancelling out the damage penalty altogether.
- Vessel – Faith requirement reduced from 38 to 31.
- Web Armour – Added to Magranon.
- Worm Brains – Reworked into “heavy damage” spell group.
- Faith requirement increased from 35 to 51. Favor cost increased from 30 to 40. Base damage increased from 5,000 to 17,500. Damage per power increased from 50 to 140. Cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Uses new spell resistance (see above).
- Wrath of Magranon – Reworked into an area damage spell.
- Now deals damage to enemy structures in a 3×3 area. It also inflicts crushing wounds to all creatures within the area.
- Demigods now have a “template” deity that their religion is based on, selected from the four base gods.
- These templates affect the affinities that each demigod provides. For example, demigods with Vynora as their template will be able to pray on water and get double favor from sacrificing pottery. Any demigod following a different template is unable to obtain these affinities.
- Priests can now link with any priest of the same template. For example, this means that any Libila priest can link with any other blacklight demigod (Tosiek, Nathan, and Gary). Any priests of Tosiek, Nathan, and Gary can also link with each other.
The existing demigods have the following templates:
- Libila: Tosiek, Nathan, Gary
- Fo: Nahjo
- Vynora: Paaweelr
- Magranon: Smeagain
- Demigod passives have been rerolled with the exception of the template passives (listed above).
- Passives are now more likely to align with the template deity, but some will be outliers to create interesting combinations.
- Demigod spells have been completely rerolled using a new system to distribute the spells.
- The new system uses the affinities of the demigod to determine what type of spells they should obtain, as well as avoiding overpowered or useless combinations that render a god too strong or too weak.
- Updated information regarding their current passives and spell lists can be found in this spreadsheet on the second sheet (Deity Information).
Miscellaneous & Messaging
- Spell List Improvements – The Spell List window has been completely overhauled and has many new features to offer.
- Larger Window – The window that displays is now larger. This should prevent having to resize the window in order to see all the passives and spells available to you.
- Passives Display – Now shows how strong your connection to your deity is (based on your faith level). This is then followed by the passives the deity is currently granting you.
- Spells Sorted – Spells have now been placed into a sortable table. You can now sort spells by faith requirement, favor, name, or description. Targets are also available, but not exceptionally functional.
- Updated Descriptions – All spells now have new descriptions which should more accurately represent how they function.
- Existing players with deities can have a one time transfer by using /transfer. There is currently no planned date for this window to end, any planned date will be announced in advance.
- Enchanting Improvements
- Certain spells now target specific item types instead of any item. Attempting to target any other item than a valid target will result in an error.
- Armour – Aura of Shared Pain, Web Armour
- Weapon – Bloodthirst, Animal Demise, Human Demise, Legendary Demise, Monster Demise, Essence Drain, Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, Life Transfer, Mind Stealer, Nimbleness, Rotting Touch, Venom
- Jewelry – Blaze, Corrosion, Glacial, Nolocate, Toxin, Acid Protection, Fire Protection, Frost Protection, Poison Protection
- Pendulum – Lurker in the Dark, Lurker in the Deep, Lurker in the Woods.
- Attempting to enchant an item that has a conflicting enchant now shows which enchant is blocking the cast.
- The longsword is already enchanted with something that would negate the effect.
- The longsword is already enchanted with Blessings of the Dark, which would negate the effect of Wind of Ages.
- Effect descriptions for many enchants have been updated to better reflect their function.
- Many additional objects are now able to be enchanted and mended, specifically containers such as pottery.
- Examine messages for enchants now have color. These colors can be edited in your client settings under the Text tab.
- Natural favor regeneration has been improved. It now regenerates every 5 seconds instead of every 10 seconds, and also replenishes more per regeneration tick.
- Certain potions from bloods and similar now have an effect:
- Salve of Frost – Converts damage from a weapon to frost.
- Salve of Fire – Converts damage from a weapon to fire.
- Potion of Acid – Converts damage from a weapon to acid.
- Damage from all spells, including karma spells, now uses Soul Strength in damage reduction calculations instead of Body Strength.
- Damage dealt to non-players is now modified heavily. Targets can take anywhere from 4x to 0x damage based on their armour and Soul Strength.
- Maximum cast power for champions on home servers has been increased from 30 to 50.
- Tile spells now use multicolor line messaging for casting, similar to creature casts.
- Creature enchant spells will no longer give “would never help the infidel” errors when attempting to cast on an allied player following a deity that doesn’t agree with yours. Instead, this error now only occurs when *attempting to cast on enemy players.
- Casting a combat spell such as Fireheart, Drain Health, and similar on an enemy will now display an on-screen message for both the caster and target when the cast begins and finishes.
- Pillar spells (Fire Pillar, Fungus Trap, Ice Pillar, and Tentacles) no longer display a combat message when they deal damage.
- Creatures will now display their spell effects on examine. This is limited to same kingdom, allied, or neutral targets only.
- Frantic charge has been cast on it, so it has greater speed. 
- A new tutorial system has been added. The system can be run from anywhere by existing players by typing /tutorial.
- New players will now spawn in a single location: Haven’s Landing on Independence.
- Haven’s Landing is a deed designed around new players learning and living.
New Journal system added
- The journal system is designed to guide players from their first steps in Wurm to more advanced steps.
- Completing 50% of a tiers goals will unlock the next tier.
- Completing 100% of a tiers goals will give the player a small reward.
- This update includes tiers 1-5, more will come in a later update.
- As this system replaces the personal goal system, we will be phasing that system out. The deadline for completing old personal goals is set at February 1, 2019 at 00:00 GMT.
Misc Additions & Changes
- New: Added title for 100 Restoration.
- Change: Unicorn passengers must be same kingdom as dominator.
- Change: Build missions that require paved surfaces can now be build on any road type tile
- Change: Cloth clothing has had a few items added and a few others changed. See list below:
- A new White Cloth Hood has been added.
- The version which was known as Cloth Hood previously is now created as Blue Cloth Hood.
- Legacy versions are still called Cloth Hood but can no longer be created as such.
- White Cloth Sleeves have been added.
- Legacy Cloth Sleeves are now created as Red Striped Cloth Sleeves using white cloth sleeves and cochineal.
- Plain White Cloth Sleeves are used to make Red Cloth Sleeves.
- Both White Cloth Sleeves and Plain White Cloth Sleeves can be dyed.
- White Cloth Jacket has been added.
- Legacy Cloth Jacket is now created as Red Cloth Jacket.
- Legacy versions are still called Cloth Jacket but can no longer be created as such.
- Bugfix: Hatchet head model fixed.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Cared for horse corpse should now be the same color as was the horse.
- Bugfix: Issues with the hover text for players fixed as noted:
- Village role text is now properly capitalized.
- Health statues is now on the first line with player name instead of on the second with village role.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused some merchant returned items to be broken apart by the mail spirits.
- Bugfix: Animals should no longer leave a duplicate corpse if they die after crossing to a new server.
- Bugfix: Avengers of Light have been removed from the mission list.
- Bugfix: Damage under 1.0 is now shown on items in the mail for 2 decimal places.
- Bugfix: Items inside containers in a trash heap will be destroyed before the container preventing heap overflow. Only 100 items will be destroyed at a time.
- Bugfix: You can now create and continue outside only items under a bridge.
- Bugfix: Items inside equipped saddle sacks and saddle bags will now take damage similar to items in other containers on a deed.
- New: New water visuals have been added.
- New water visuals require the Renderer option to be set to Modern.
- New: Resolution scale (supersampling) option has been added to the Postprocess settings.
- Essentially rendering the game at a given multiplier of the resolution, very demanding on the GPU, eliminates jagged edges and adds additional detail.
- Change: Updated quickbar with more icons
- Change: Swimming sounds no longer play when you are not swimming.
- Change: Wiki search bar now opens default browser instead of ingame browser.
- Change: Player texture rendering improvements.
- Change: General performance improvements.
- New: Added a setting under the text tab to enable/disable multicolored event/combat text.
- Fixed Launcher issues with latest java version and removed art changelog tab.
181122 Patch Notes 22/NOV/18
- New: New horse colors added.
- New: Hens and Roosters can now be white, black or brown.
- New: Added Statue of Tich – can be crafted with marble shards. Metal versions are available through archaeology.
- Change: Show death reason on corpse description for Cared For creatures.
- Change: Added the ability to care for a creature while it is caged.
- Change: Hell Foals and Unicorn Foals grow faster on pvp servers like normal Foals
- Change: You should no longer waste a full sap harvest if your bucket is full upon beginning the harvest action.
- Bugfix: Unicorn foals will no longer lose their name when transitioning to adult.
- Client bugfix: Fixed glitchy lighting on terrain decorations
181101 Patch Notes 01/NOV/18
- The Halloween event has been extended until midnight on Monday, 5th November 2018 server time.
- Drop rate of witches hat has been increased
- Troll and goblin drop rates will now increase after every failed chance.
181030 Patch Notes 30/OCT/18
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! To celebrate Halloween twenty eighteen (hah, it rhymes!) We’ve added the cool witches hat and skull mask to loot drops from mobs! The witches hat can be found on any hunter creature type, and the skull mask can be found on goblins and trolls. A list of hunter type creatures can be found on the Wurmpedia. Last years Halloween items are still possible to be gained.
- Fixed bug causing archaeology reports to be updated in the wrong order.
- Champions can now gain faith titles.
- New small deed tokens will no longer be clipped if too long.
- Cache lumps will now have the correct material type.
- Bugfix: Removed second rename option from archaeology reports.
- Bugfix: Statue fragments should now identify as statues instead of containers.
- Bugfix: You can no longer crush, pick seeds or plant processed vegetables.
- Bugfix: Branded, cared for, geared, hitched, bred animals should no longer die for overcrowding on server startup.
- Bugfix: Bury all with grave stones will now destroy all items on the corpse.
- Bugfix: Wagoner container removed from mission item list.
- Bugfix: More text and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: KOS players on pve servers are no longer considered enemies.
181004 Patch Notes 04/OCT/18
Changes and Additions:
- New: Archaeology changes and additions.
- Wood types have been added to wooden items.
- New statues have been discovered.
- Fix for some moonmetal fragments.
- Tweaked base difficulty for investigating to be a bit easier overall.
- You can also now get an extra bonus in areas that are considered valuable according to Archaeology, making fragments a bit easier to gain at higher levels in those locations.
- New: Archaeology caches have been added
- Once a report is completed enough, the center tile of that deed can then be found via “Get direction” on the report.
- Using the “Get direction” function on the center tile of that deed will unearth an archaeology cache.
- Inside the cache will be an assortment of unidentified fragments including a larger percentage of statue fragments and a relic of the former deed.
- Amount of fragments is determined by archaeology skill and report ql with a minimum of 10.
- Once unearthed the report will be consumed.
- Change: Archaeology journal improvements
- Journals will now hold a number of reports up to the ql of the journal, with a minimum of 22.
- Placing a piece of paper or papyrus greater than 30ql inside the journal will automatically turn it into a blank report
- Reports can also now be moved in and out of journals via drag and drop.
- Tweaked the chances for location info to be recorded in a report to be a bit lower than previously to balance for caches.
- Some Archaeology statues with solid bases can now have items placed upon them.
- New: Shoulder pads are now dyeable.
- Change: Metallic shoulder pads are now able to spawn from rifts as any metal type at a low chance.
- Change: The Tin Rune of Jackal now correctly uses the spell version of Refresh and cannot be used while moving.
- Bugfix: Marble statue of Vynora can now be improved.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few more mission descriptions with items which were too generic.
- Bugfix: Recipe list now correctly list lunchbox, tin instead of lunchbox, lead.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the improper triggering of the Kill a wild sly creature achievement.
- Bugfix: Potion of butchery imbue now works properly when butchering a corpse.
- Bugfix: Fixed watcher text when someone unloads a creature from a cage.
180920 Patch Notes 20/SEP/18
Changes and Additions:
- New: Hell Horses and Unicorns will now give birth to foals, similar to horses.
- Change: You can no longer see your % chance to pick a door or fence gate if you’re greater than one tile away.
- Change: Dirt in inventory can now be discarded the same way as logs and shards.
- Change: You can now plant / secure the Puzzle King’s crystal ball.
- Change: Glimmersteel runes of Fo, Magranon, and Jackal as well as the Silver rune of Fo have been changed from 10%, 5%, 5%, and 5% increase to skill bonus respectively to 10% and 5% of the difference between your current skill and 100 as a direct bonuses to effective skill when determining action success.
- Note: This does not mean items and resources are created at a higher than your skill cap, but will improve success chances for that action.
- TL;DR : Glimmersteel Fo/Jackal runes will now increase skill calculations for success chances.
- Change: The quality reduction upon smelting has been scaled down and adjusted:
- Smelted lump is capped by pot ql.
- Items that cannot be improved and are not capped by the 20% of total skill when created will now receive a ql penalty when smelted
- -7.5% to -2.5% for common metals,
- -12.5% to -7.5% for moon metals and alloys.
- Items that can be improved will no longer receive the penalty when smelted.
- Bugfix: Rose seedlings have been removed from the mission item list.
- Bugfix: Various text, spelling and grammar fixes.
- Bugfix: The ‘Take Portion’ option should only display when a cooking utensil knife is activated.
- Bugfix: Worg statue can now be improved.
- Bugfix: Crafted lunchboxes will once again be tin instead of lead.
- Bugfix: Added second title to the /title command output.
- Bugfix: Lock type will be checked when replacing locks on vehicles and items.
- Bugfix: War Machines will no longer decrease village / player rep if the creature hit is the one firing.
- Bugfix: You can no longer use your body parts, inventory, or an inventory group to desecrate an altar.
- Bugfix: Creature cages can now be turned.
- Bugfix: Locate Soul no longer takes power off the item when located from outside the max distance.
- Bugfix: Runes when used on one’s self or another creature will now properly broadcast the action to other players.
180822 Client Update 22/AUG/18
- Addressed many memory leak issues and lowered the general memory usage
- Activate keybind will now work in opened inventory container windows
- Fixed clone characters and creatures
- Fixed certain items going invisible when placed on another item
- Fixed the image-in-image issue in caves
- Fixed emissive models showing through trees
- Fixed phantom tree collision after crossing a server
- Fixed invisible/flickering players and objects
180814 Patch Notes 14/AUG/18
- New: Skills at 99 or greater are protected from being lost upon death, excluding fighting and characteristics.
- Change: The number of animals branded to a deed will now be displayed in village info.
- Change: Freezing a surface tile with Path of Power now also freezes the cave tile.
- Change: Blood from legendary creatures now displays which legendary dropped the blood on examine and when mailed will display in mouseover.
- Change: A “Kingdom of” permissions category has been added to vehicles.
- Change: Added ability to plant flowers directly on grass tiles without requiring cultivating the tile first.
- Change: The new armour system previously on Epic now applies to all servers:
- Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
- Leather from 45% to 60%
- Studded from 50% to 62.5%
- Chain from 55% to 62.5%
- Cloth from 35% to 40%
- Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
- Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
- Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
- Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
- Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
- Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
- Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
- Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
- Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
- Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
- Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
- Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
- PvP Change: Special moves will now display a multicolor line in the Combat tab when one of either combatant starts to use a special move. This will also display an on-screen message for both clients.
- PvP Change: The animal permissions window is now available via the body menu.
- This includes all animal permissions as per freedom, with appropriate enemy kingdom allowances (Enemy kingdom members are able to do anything).
- PvP Change: Improvements to the Kingdom window. See list below.
- Now shows land percent up to two decimals
- Has a % sign to denote it is a percentage.
- Capitalization for the headers in each column.
- Now shows appointed success rate as a full number percentage.
- In the event of a kingdom reset, the kingdom’s current land share will become their starting land share.
- PvP Bugfix: Zombies summoned through religious spells will no longer be hostile to same-kingdom players.
- PvP Bugfix: Leaving a PMK through the Change Kingdom feature will no longer incur a 14 day cooldown.
- PvP Bugfix: Valrei creatures with no kingdom will now be attacked by deed guards.
- PvP Bugfix: Deeds under siege with exactly 10 guards should now properly spawn the guards in waves instead of one at a time.
- PvP Bugfix: The lockpicking timer will no longer be reset by defenders locking or unlocking the door/gate.
- Bugfix: Improving placed metal mine doors more aligned to improving those not placed.
- Bugfix: You must be within a 1 tile range in order to bash a mine door.
- Bugfix: You can remove inventory groups/subgroups with or without an item activated.
- Bugfix: Reworded the profile toggling messages to be more clear when choosing to show or hide the pve death tab notices.
- Bugfix: All two handed weapons should now properly use the two handed fighting animation.
- Bugfix: PvE Death Tab will now report animal conditions as well as type. Ex. old raging Large rat, aged champion Black wolf instead of just old Large rat and aged Black wolf.
- Bugfix: Unequip All now ignores items in equipped containers.
- Bugfix: You must be on the same layer in order to repair house walls/fences.
- Bugfix: Combat should now break repair and continue building actions.
- Bugfix: Summer hats now have their previous defensive values as armour.
- Bugfix: Leather armour now has a +30% archery/casting bonus like it should.
- Bugfix: Leading a non-swimming creature into water will now allow you to lead it back out if it gets stuck and you automatically stop leading.
- Bugfix: Open and close actions on containers on the ground should now be able to be opened and closed when the right click menu gives the option.
- Bugfix: You can no longer build/continue a fence or attach a mine door from inside a cave.
- Bugfix: Rift jewelry will no longer take charges from items in the inventory if an identical one is equipped.
- Bugfix: Prayers no longer count towards the daily 5 cap if you don’t actually gain faith from it, this scenario occurs when praying as non premium.
- Bugfix: Prevent losing priesthood at exactly 30 faith when crossing servers.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented you from picking up your own corpse on a deed if you were carrying a creature corpse at the time of death.
- Bugfix: You can no longer sacrifice any creature unless there is a current mission to do so.
- Bugfix: Dropped corpses will now retain the last owner information so that they can be picked up again if dropped.
180811 Client Update 11/AUG/18
- Grass will now fade in instead of just appearing tile by tile.
- Normal mapping has been added to buildings and caves.
- Fixed modern renderer crashing on Intel video cards.
- Note: In order for the modern renderer to function on any graphics card, all options in compatibility must be set to core.
- Fixed a visual issue with Oakshell casts on players.
- Fixed fish appearing to be above water.
- Fixed oversized flame on certain hanging lamps.
- Fixed installer bugging out on high resolutions.
180730 Client Update 30/JUL/18
Modern renderer changes:
- Fixed no texture issue on AMD cards
- Fixed shiny materials appearing as matte
- Fixed “thin” tree textures
- Tweaks to improve FPS performance
180726 Patch Notes 26/JUL/18
- New: Added ability to display compound titles.
- In the titles menu players may choose to display two titles together.
- New: Village Name and Village Role will now show on player mouseover.
- New: Profile options added to customize these additions.
- Show Other Player Titles – Allows you to show/hide other players [Skill Titles, Meditation Titles and Sorcery Titles] text.
- Show Other Player Villages – Allows you to show/hide other players “Role of Village” text.
- Show Own Village Titles – Allows you to show/hide your own “Role of Village” text. This overrides the above option, and will not display even if the viewer wants to see it.
- New: A PvE death tab has been added and will record player deaths on your server.
- Deaths will be recorded for players with at least 1.5 body who are also premium players.
- You can opt-out of your name appearing in the death tab in your profile.
- You can opt-out of seeing the death tab in your profile.
- New: Unequip All has been added to right click body which will unequip all armour.
- New: You can now add Sub Groups inside Groups in your inventory.
- New: Get Price now displays a rough amount of favor from sacrificing.
- New: Unicorn offspring will now have names.
- New: More titles have been added.
- Change: Amount of source salt required to create potions from bloods has been raised from 0.001 to 0.01.
- Change: You can no longer erupt a tile next to a cave entrance.
- Change: Disintegrate bonus now applies to all warrior gods instead of just Magranon.
- Warrior gods are: Magranon, Smeagain, Nathan.
- Change: Dragon sorcery drop chance has been increased and tomes that drop from dragons will now be a single charge.
- Change: Mine a star gem personal goal change listed below:
- The personal goal Mine an Exquisite gem has been replaced with a new goal Recreate a statue from fragments.
- If you already completed the Mine an exquisite gem, it will not change.
- If you happen to mine an exquisite gem before recreating a statue from fragments, you can log out and back in and your personal goal will show Mine an Exquisite gem as completed (green).
- Change: In order to ensure all unique bloods result in different potions black, red and blue dragon blood will now make new potion types.
- Existing bloods of these creatures will make the new types as well.
- Change: Market stalls will now take more damage when bashed.
- Change: Sea Serpents are no longer on the endangered species list and may be sighted more often.
- Change: Alcohol strength and drinking changes listed below:
- Alcohol now gives 100% to 150% effectiveness based on QL.
- Players can now drink alcohol regardless of thirst level, similar to source.
- Consuming less than the full 0.2kg will scale the effect of alcohol down to the amount you’ve consumed.
- Change: Oil of the Weaponsmith will now work for the Weaponsmithing skill instead of just the weaponsmithing sub-skills.
- Change: Merchants who pack up and leave due to no business transactions for a while will send items which do not fit in backpacks separately.
- Change: Height checks for accessing containers and objects will only occur inside buildings.
- PvP Change: Chaos server now has a maximum Locate Soul range of 500 tiles.
- PvP Bugfix: King regalia material type has been changed and will allow healing.
- PvP Bugfix: Change Kingdom option on right click body should work as intended.
- The feature is designed to allow a player to leave a PMK and join the default template kingdom.
- Note that on Chaos, white light PMKs will join Freedom Isles since template MR and JK were removed.
- The change kingdom option will not be shown if player is not in a PMK.
- PvP Bugfix: Kings can no longer expel champions from their player made kingdom.
- PvP Bugfix: PMKs should now be able to bash their template kingdom towers and vice versa.
- PvP Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented HotA statue material from changing based on number of wins.
- PvP Bugfix: Player god champions should now be able to bash and destroy pavement.
- PvP Bugfix: Mycelium now stops CCFP reduction for Libila followers.
- PvP Bugfix: Artifacts should no longer get lost in floors or roofs when dropped upon logout.
- PvP Bugfix: HotA statues will now have various colors beyond red for alliances with more than 30 wins.
- PvP Bugfix: Fix for Scale of Libila untaming when unequipped but not dropped.
- PvP Bugfix: Fungus Trap now correctly applies a poison wound instead of crush wound.
- Bugfix: Fix for soul stealer necklace not having an effect.
- Bugfix: Examine message for spears has been changed to remove the mention of it being a steel spear and instead will examine as ‘A sturdy spear’.
- Bugfix: Had a chat with garden gnomes and they’ve agreed be more selective in their activities. (They will steal less items)
- Bugfix: Merchants no longer accept placed merchant contracts.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused mission rituals to appear on a settlement token menu.
- Bugfix: You will now receive an error message when a Vynora priest tries to cast Wisdom of Vynora on a Nathan priest instead of just nothing happening.
- Bugfix: Planting of Banners, Kingdom Banners, Flags and Kingdom Flags is now limited to 4 per tile instead of 1.
- Bugfix: Fixed inconsistencies with combing items inside a container.
- Bugfix: Large anvils should now be enchantable again.
- Bugfix: Fix for some incorrect pluralization of text in missions.
- Bugfix: Fix for potential max height error with a meditation tile.
- Bugfix: Fixed a stamina drain issue with digging with an exact 5.0 sec timer.
- Bugfix: Converts from Nathan and Tosiek to Fo will now ignore alignment and convert properly.
- Bugfix: Fix passengers of vehicles not being checked for attacks from creatures if a Fo priest is commanding.
- Bugfix: Actions performed achievement should now trigger properly.
- Bugfix: Wooden benches now properly change last owner when loaded and unloaded.
- Bugfix: Another attempt to fix an issue where sometimes you cannot tame another pet once your tamed caged creature leaves the server.
- Bugfix: Uniques should no longer spawn on deed.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with beds not giving a proper menu and error message for guests of a house with a wall down.
- Bugfix: Normalized stamina loss from gardening
- Bugfix: Logs of all woodtypes should now form a pile of logs instead of a toolbox model.
- Bugfix: Various text, grammar and spelling fixes.
- Bugfix: The ‘Be premium for 3 months’ personal goal should now trigger properly if you have met the requirements.
- Bugfix: Crafting window will no longer default to an item in the list. Exceptions listed below.
- If only one item can be made it will be in the crafting option by default
- If you have previously had the crafting window open during the same session with that item crafted, it will auto default to that item again
- Bugfix: Unfinished items must be repaired before being continued.
- Bugfix: Items placed on top of altars will not get sacrificed with items placed inside altars.
- Bugfix: Stealthed players are no longer hidden from village and alliance player lists.
- Bugfix: Daily faith reset is no longer offset by 5 minutes.
- Bugfix: Items on a destroyed bridge will now drop to the ground below the bridge.
- Bugfix: A bug with deity death item protection and death protection (skill) has been fixed for player gods. See notes below for deities affected.
- Prior to this fix, player gods with the “death protector” attribute would have both the item protection and skill protection chance on death, while player gods with “death item protector” obtained no benefit. These attributes now function as they should, and certain player gods may lose their item protection on death. Other player gods will “gain” the item protection on death from this change.
- Tosiek loses the ability to keep items on death.
- Nahjo loses the ability to keep items on death.
- Nathan gains the ability to keep items on death.
- Paaweelr has no change to abilities.
- Smeagain has no change to abilities.
- Gary gains the ability to keep items on death.
- Bugfix: Toned down the unicorn spawn from the last update a bit.
- Bugfix: Imbue on items now ignores “must be on ground” conditions. This allows Large Anvils and other ground objects to be imbued, which never worked before.
- Bugfix: Wagoner contracts can now cross server if they are not planted.
- Bugfix: Unfinished creature cages will now properly be named “[Empty]” when they are completed.
- Bugfix: Dirt will no longer be disposed of when dropping it above a mine entrance.
- Bugfix: Trader placement and citizenship mechanics have been adjusted to occur at the time of placement, rather than the next server restart.
- Traders will become a citizen of the deed where they are placed immediately, instead of after a server restart.
- Traders placed in the wild will have no deed associated with them and will not generate upkeep for the deed of the placer.
- If a deed is placed over a trader in the wild, the trader will immediately become a citizen of that deed.
- Bugfix: Archaeology statues can now be improved.
- Bugfix: Wooden left arch, right arch and arch T now display the correct parts quantities remaining in the crafting window and the examine window.
- Bugfix: When a transported creature dies, it will be removed from all servers so as not to remain on your manage animals list.
- The modern renderer is now an available option:
- To enable the modern renderer, in the launcher settings (not ingame) go to the graphics tab, and under renderer select Modern, Legacy will be the old renderer.
- The modern renderer contains a vast amount of changes and improvements, namely:
- It can display unlimited amount of lights on the screen (addresses light flickering).
- Trees and grass should no longer slow the client down on older machines.
- Performance is overall better than the Legacy renderer.
- Traditional antialiasing setting does not work with it, use the FXAA postprocess option.
- New (and future) graphics features and changes will often be only available using the new renderer.
180719 Patch Notes 19/JUL/18
- Bridge paving will now have correct season textures and normal maps.
- Fixed items disappearing behind gates
- Fixed invisible snow fall
- Fixed certain cases of flickering lighting
180710 Patch Notes 10/JUL/18
- An issue causing a crash with large amounts of items in the area has been addressed.
- Due to a potential exploitable situation, the quality boost on creation from imbued potions and oils has been removed for the time being.
- The 100 prospecting title has been added.
- Fixed equipped electrum chain coif
- Fixed electrum necklace for lower resolution settings
- Added additional terrain normal maps and tweaked specular values
- Fixed buff hover text for necklaces
- Pry action with crowbar no longer shows as a checkerboard on the select bar
- Stone bench now has an unfinished model
- Texture optimizations
180705 Patch Notes 05/JUL/18
Changes and Additions
- New: Rift bracelets can now be equipped.
- Bracelets go in the arm slots and require two of the same type to be worn for the bonus]
- For a reminder of rift jewelry and its functions, check https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rift_Jewelry
- New: You can now move archaeological reports from one journal to another.
- Activate report, right click the journal you want to move the page to, select ‘move report’.
- New: You can now use a knife cut a 2kg portion of larger weight prepared foods.
- New: Added a storage unit, the empty shelf.
- New: Items can now be placed on more surfaces and containers:
- NOTE: If the item is a container already, any items placed on it will be dropped on the ground when it is picked up, a message in event log will notify the player of this.
- Large anvil
- Large barrel
- Empty shelf
- Small barrel
- Stone altar
- Wood altar
- Silver altar
- Gold altar
- Large magic chest
- Small magic chest
- Oil barrel
- Wine barrel
- The following surfaces will also heat any item placed on them (so don’t place burnable items on them!):
- Hota statue
- New: Electrum has been discovered!
- Electrum is an alloy created with gold and silver, using the metallurgy skill.
- Material bonuses are:
- .5% DR bonus
- +2% glance rate bonus
- -1% movement speed penalty
- -2.5% attack speed
- -1% damage dealt
- +5% bonus to damage dealt to hunter mobs
- -10% damage taken
- 9x trader price
- -20% decay damage taken+2.5% bonus to repair speed
- +7.5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- +10% bonus to bash damage
- Can be used to make statuettes
- Can be used to make unicorn shoes
- New: Electrum rune of Fo:
- Can be used to reduce age of a creature.
- Will reduce the age by a percentage of current age.
- Creatures cannot be pregnant when this rune is used
- The minimum age for creatures is Aged (12 months) (For reference, hell horses unhitch at Aged (29)
- Change: Removed old copper needle creation
- Before the all metal item changes, needles could be made from iron or copper, but copper could not be used to improve with., With the ability to create all items from all metals, this needle item is no longer valid, old versions may exist, so if you cannot improve a cloth item with a copper needle, it’s the old type.
- Change: The resource you obtain from digging is now dependent on the tile type on which you are standing. You no longer need to dig in the NW corner.
- Change: Imbues used on tools for creation of items now improve the quality of the result beyond the material’s limits. Also, minor bugs regarding creation with imbues have been resolved.
- Change: Various text changes have been made to emoting on body parts.
- Change: You will now be able to build on pavement outside of settlements without having to remove the pavement first as long as it’s not an official highway
- Change: Halter ropes can now be used to haul items up/down ladders.
- Change: Players can now deny and/or remove kingdom office titles.
- Change: Spawn rates have been increased upwards for unicorns and lava fiends.
- Unicorns will spawn on grass, steppe and mycelium. Lava Fiends will spawn a bit more in caves and a small chance on rock.
- Change: Achievement changes, additions and fixes.
- Personal goals should now update properly when switching servers.
- Mine an exquisite gemstone has been changed from a 99 quality gem to a star gem.
- Perform 100000 actions goal now has a visible counter under Achievements entitled Actions Performed.
- Pick five door locks text has been changed to Pick five locks to correctly reflect the achievement requirements.
- Weight requirement for ‘Giant Fish” has been reduced from 190 kgs to 175 kgs
- In an effort to address concerns of players running multiple alts through personal goals, we’ve added a common personal goal “Survived” which is be premium for 3 months. We’ve chosen 3 months as it limits the rush of alts rolled for easy missions to achieve quickly without penalising legitimate existing and new players, while still being within a complete-able time frame before the new system. We will continue to monitor and adjust if necessary.
- Bugfix: Various spelling and text issues fixed.
- Bugfix: Creatures will no longer retain their Kingdom ID on server crossings.
- Bugfix: Anchors and mooring anchors can now correctly be made of any metal type.
- Bugfix: You can no longer use meditation teleports from within the HoTA zone.
- Bugfix: Saddlebag window will now auto-close when you move out of range.
- Bugfix: The bulk container unit now correctly says volume instead of weight.
- Bugfix: Fix for logging in on a bridge which is no longer there.
- Bugfix: Veins created with a Rod of Transmutation will now return the correct quality information when prospecting and the ore resulting from using a granite wand will be the correct quality.
- Bugfix: Creatures will no longer transfer loyalty on server crossings which caused an intermittent issue with taming another animal.
- Bugfix: Valrei quest items were removed from the ritual mission item list.
- Bugfix: Fix for creating flour inside a container and the results getting deleted when the container is out of room.
- Excess items will now go into inventory instead of being deleted.
- Bugfix: Fix for not being able to drink from containers on deed. If you have open permission, you can now also right click – drink.
- Bugfix: Fixed a misleading mining warning text when trying to open a double wide tunnel if the slopes were too steep.
- Confusing message used to be: Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse.
- Improved message: The mountainside would risk crumbling. You cannot tunnel here.
- Solution: Surface mine down to reduce the slopes.
- Bugfix: The title for 100 Faith will now be properly added.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where a religion convert would fail if one of the players was mounted.
- Bugfix: Multiplayer puppeteering is now working again.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue causing the error message ‘The water is too deep the creature would drown in the cage.’ where there was no deep water.
- Bugfix: Needles were removed from the mission item list.
- Bugfix: Rift necklace spell effect icon will now refer to necklace instead of bracelet when worn.
- Bugfix: Attempting to enchant a lingonberry bush now gives an error message and does not use up your enchant ability for the day.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused some items to drop to the ground when burying a player corpse in inventory.
- Bugfix: Fixed crocodile and scorpion vehicle positioning so they don’t appear sunken into the ground and can now navigate the transitions between bridges/land and house floors.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which allowed discardable items to be sold to the token using keybind sell.
- Bugfix: Fixed fencing options appearing in the crafting window when creating them was not permitted and would result in an error.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for the unexplained extra wooden items or bricks being created randomly via the crafting window.
- Bugfix: Equipped containers now drop their contents to the ground if destroyed.
- Bugfix: Repairable items will now show the ‘crumbles to dust’ message even outside containers (such as your inventory).
- Bugfix: Burning now ignores the ‘must be on ground’ requirements for disposing of wooden items.
- Bugfix: Armour penalty/bonus icons, timers and effects are now properly reset when changing armour types and upon logging into the game.
- Bugfix: Action on items will now consider height distance when determining if object is too far away.
- This will mean you can no longer access storage on higher floors and may require renovation of storage solutions
- Bugfix: You will no longer go kos on a deed by accidentally targeting a spirit templar while in combat with a creature.
- Bugfix: Necromancer summoned skeletons will no longer spam attack each other and spam the combat log on pve or kill each other on pvp.
- Bugfix: You can access vehicle inventories from any seat if embarked on that vehicle. The range of accessing containers inside vehicles when not embarked has been improved.
- Bugfix: Fix for “You are too busy” bug when using multiple combat options.
- New: Added texture normal maps option to Adv. Graphics settings
- NOTE: To avoid crashes on incompatible computers, It is DISABLED by default, you will need to enable it in the launcher as it cannot be changed ingame.
- Bugfix: Corrected terrain glitch with diagonal gravel
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where items placed on surfaces disappeared until relogging
180614 Patch Notes 14/JUN/18
Changes and Additions:
- New: Added current titles for occultist and meditation levels on the /titles menu and fixed an issue to have them show/hide immediately upon sending.
- New: Ability to switch dirt to sand and sand to dirt without having to drop the sand/dirt to turn one tile.
- New: You can now remove deleted players from your ignore list by issuing the /ignore command to see if you have unknown? on your list then issuing /ignore again to verify they have been removed.
- Change: Updated the Lord of War achievement description to better indicate the quantity of items needed for the achievement.
- Bugfix: Spear tips and weapons heads (blades) will now also transfer rarity, runes and enchants to their completed item.
- Bugfix: Creature cage will no longer change ownership when another person on the permissions list loads it into a vehicle.
- Bugfix: Artifacts can no longer spawn in a HoTA Zone.
- Bugfix: Fixed more text and spelling errors.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where wine barrels would overflow when you attempted to seal them while having max carry weight in your inventory even when the barrel was in a rack or on the ground.
- Bugfix: Liquids with a metal type can no longer be smelted.
- Bugfix: Enchanted turrets will no longer decay on deed on pve servers.
- Bugfix: Fixed the blank personal goal window and goal not completing when a server transfer was involved.
- Bugfix: Those who completed their goals but they did not register because of the epic/freedom transfer bug will receive the winning of the game stuff upon login.
- Bugfix: Changed achievement text for digging up brilliant gem to refer to it being dug up not mined.
- Bugfix: Fix for some champion mission creatures being tiny.
- Bugfix: Fix for not being able to drag your archaeology journal back into your inventory from another container.
- Bugfix: Fix for archaeological reports with deed names which contain apostrophes.
- Bugfix: The Troll King will not drown his followers if he leads them to water.
- Bugfix: Paper/papyrus/reports inside books and archaeological journals will now cost 1i each (similar to the almanac).
- Bugfix: Anchors can now properly be made from all metal types.
- Client :Bugfix: Items won’t hide under terrain in certain places.
180605 Patch Notes 5/JUN/18
- Premium character can investigate on a tile during the week of the anniversary to get a “special fragment”.
- Find 3 and identify them all before combining to get one of a few different gifts for Wurm’s Anniversary.
- Chance to get a special fragment is 1/15 upon finding any other fragment.
- Once combined, players won’t be able to combine another, or find any more special fragments.
- Finding and combining these special fragments is available only during Wurm’s Anniversary week which will start on the 6th of June and end on the 13th.
Changes and Additions:
- Archaeology items can now be found in all metal types:
- If you investigate and find a metal fragment that is NOT ore or a lump, it’ll get the “metal” material.
- If the fragment you found would have had the steel material (instead of iron), it’ll get the “alloy” material instead.
- Any existing iron fragments can be combined with metal fragments (they will be converted to “metal” material when you start the combine action.
- Same deal with steel and alloy fragments.
- When you complete an item from fragments of the metal material, the final item will have a chance to become any base metal type (iron, tin, lead, gold, silver, copper, zinc) depending on how well identified the fragments were – heavily weighted towards iron.
- When you complete an item from fragments of the alloy material, the final item will have a chance to become any alloy metal type (steel, brass, bronze) depending on how well identified the fragments were – heavily weighted towards steel.
- If alloy fragments are extremely well identified, upon combining they will have a small chance to come out as a moonmetal (seryll, glimmersteel, adamantine) – though steel is more likely again.
- “metal” material fragments can only be combined with other “metal” fragments, and “alloy” material fragments can only be combined with other “alloy” fragments.
- New: You can now create an archaeological journal to help record your investigations.
- Add report pages to the journal by activating paper or papyrus sheets and right clicking on the journal – Add report.
- 22 reports will fit into the journal.
- Data will be added to your reports as you investigate and gather information.
- New information will be added to the report as you continue to investigate.
- Once you’ve found enough information for a single report, you will be able to use that report to help find that deed again whenever you want.
- New statues have been added.
- Rarities and enchants/runes from combined weapons and tool heads will now be transferred to the final item .
- Fixed a bug which allowed investigating to bypass max inventory weight.
- Paved tiles should properly reset the investigate flag.
- Items can now be placed on tables and certain objects
- To place an item, simply right click it from your inventory and select drop > place. You may then move the outlined object onto the table, clicking will place it at that location.
- The following surfaces can have items placed on them:
- square table
- round table
- dining table
- bench (stone)
- bedside table
- open fireplace
- canopy bed
- tripod table
- high bookshelf
- low bookshelf
- round marble table
- rectangular marble table
- New Decorational Items that items can be placed on have been added too:
- Empty High Bookshelf
- Empty Low Bookshelf
- Bar Table
- New Item: Creature Cage – Requires 60 carpentry skill to create and continue.
- New Item: Creature Transporter – 25 Fine Carpentry to create.
- Must have 23 body strength to load cage onto vehicle.
- You cannot load pregnant animals.
- You cannot load hurt animals.
- You cannot load a creature with items on it.
- There are specific models for the following stored creatures: bison, sheep, ram, cow, bull, horse, foal, hell horse. All other stored creatures have an enclosed cage graphic.
- Max of 4 creature cages per tile.
- A caged animal will move around and cause damage to the cage.
- When a cage hits 80 damage, the animal will escape.
- If an animal escapes a cage while in a boat in water, the animal will end up in the water and begin taking damage if they are not a swimming animal. If agro and not tamed, you will not be able to tame them while swimming.
- You cannot repair or improve a cage if it is storing an animal.
- The number of cages that can be carried by a vehicle is as follows:
- Caravel – 8
- Cog – 6
- Corbita – 5
- Knarr – 4
- Sailing boat – 0
- Rowing boat – 0
- Creature transporter – 4
- Wagon – 2
- Large cart – 0
Personal goal changes:
- Spars on PVE servers will now trigger the ‘defeat another player xxx’ goals.
- Some of the more difficult personal goals have been rerolled if not completed. (ex. goals involving tomes or pvp only creatures and/or mechanics)
- The description for ‘Sysyphos Says Hello’ goal has been changed to correctly reflect the number of repairs needed to 6250 instead of 6000 for repair fences, walls or floors.
- The ‘pilot a xxx boat’ achievements should trigger properly now, even if you had them bugged before. Try again with this patch update.
- Destroy a structure by catapulting it goal has been fixed.
- Lockpick five boats goal has been fixed.
- Goals/achievements involving fermenting wine will now properly trigger even if the player is offline.
- Fixed achievement triggers for mining gems.
- Fixed a number of grammar and capitalization issues with personal goals and achievements.
- Epic Finalizer (Be the person to complete an Epic mission) now triggers properly.
- Operation Cleanup (putting items in a trash heap) will now trigger properly even if the destruction happens while you are offline.
- New: You can now directly open equipped saddlebags/saddlesacks by using keybind OPEN or right clicking the equipped horse or unicorn.
- New: The creation of books has been added.
- Change: The recipe for creating an almanac has changed because of the introduction of books.
- New: Kings robes will show as scale armour with specific colors for now.
- Windows position and status is now also saved for backpacks, quivers and inventory groups. (previously only for out of inventory containers)
- Bugfix: Fix for items blocking placement.
- Bugfix: Lock status is now saved on all windows that remember their positions, both in current session and between sessions.
- Added keybind for Toggle Backpack and Toggle Quiver.
- PvP Mission Bugfix: More checks to prevent erroneous structure building missions.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which allowed non-intended items/armor to be equipped on non-intended creatures.
- Bugfix: Another check to be sure new missions spawn correctly after the completion or fail of a previous one.
- Bugfix: Ritual missions should now end at the 3.5 day mark if under 33% complete.
- Bugfix: Messaging added to items that cannot be dragged into containers, mailboxes, etc so that you are aware that it’s intended behavior.
180426 Patch Notes 26/APR/18
PvP Affinities and rank rework:
- Rank is now more evenly split between attackers. Rank gained/lost depends on the total average rank of all attackers versus the killed player.
- If there is more than double the number of attackers worth of rank to be split, half will be spread evenly and the other half will be spread based on the rank of each attacker (lower ranked attackers will gain more than a higher ranked attacker).
- If there is only enough rank to be split evenly, then no bonuses will be given based on attacker rank.
- If there isn’t enough to be split evenly, then it will be split based on attacker rank only.
- Killed player will lose 75% of the rank gained among attackers, instead of 100%.
- (e.g. 20 rank split across 5 attackers: Each of the 5 will gain a base of 2 rank each. The other 10 rank will be split between attackers based on their relative rank – lowest rank attacker might gain 3 bonus (total 5), next 3 might gain 2 (total 4), and highest rank might only gain 1 (total 3). Killed player will only lose 15 rank instead of 20.
- Affinity will now go to a random attacker instead of the “max” attacker.
- Changed the chance for the affinity to be lost without transfer: If the chosen attacker already has at least 2 more affinities in the chosen skill than the killed player (before the affinity is lost), they will only have a 50% chance to gain the affinity. If the do not gain the affinity, another random attacker will get the chance instead.If no permanent affinity is gained, a week long timed affinity will be given to a random attacker instead. Killed player will still lose the affinity.
- All other attackers will gain a timed affinity of between 1 and 2 days in the skill of the lost affinity.
- Champions will now lose an affinity on death even if it is their only affinity.
- If a killed player doesn’t drop an affinity (due to only having one, or none as a Champion), a random timed affinity between 3 and 6 hours will be given to all attackers.
PvP Mission changes:
- Properly check the correct region when building mission structures on pvp.
- Lowered the number of players required for x player missions on pvp.
- Fixed rewards string for build missions.
- Changed create/sacrifice missions to take into account more number of items properly (bell tower is more than 2 items, for example).
- PvP servers should get less “requires x players” missions at higher difficulties.
- Change: Ongoing creature movement tweaks to help get them off high mountains and away from fences and walls if on deed. Creatures will now prefer to move across flatter paths than up or down steep slopes.
- Change: Icons for pegs, masts and tenons added.
- Change: You can now level and flatten from a boat and the dirt/sand will go into the boat as long as there is enough room.
- Change: You can now do the following while mounted/embarked – yoyo, prune, pick sprout and harvest.
- Change: Copies of keys made from copper are now called key copy, copper in order to differentiate them from copper keys made with copper locks.
- Change: A message in the event window will now appear when you gain an affinity via skill usage.
- Bugfix: Kilns should now properly have the bash/destroy option.
- Bugfix: Various spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Small bells will now take on the metal type of the resonator instead of always becoming brass.
- Bugfix: Material types on lockpicks will now properly use and display the bonus for lockpicking.
- Bugfix: The adamantine rune of jackal will correctly change the secondary color of drake/scale armour instead of the primary colour.
- Bugfix: Fixed a depth check for flattening/leveling in shallow water.
- Bugfix: Action queue is now cleared when continuing a fence if you are standing in the way of completing the fence.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which failed to check for reinforced floors in some cases when mining tile corners.
- Bugfix: Grape seedling removed from mission item list.
- Bugfix: Fixed a dredge leveling action which in rare cases caused a slope to lower by 1 dirt even with a full dredge.
- Bugfix: Fixed branded and bred creatures on deed not losing agro when you back away and click no target.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue that allowed dragging items from a branded/tamed horse onto an unbranded/untamed horse.
- Bugfix: Fixed issues with taking and opening distances with piles and containers.
- Bugfix: Fixed potential issue with uniques dying early.
- Bugfix: Brass oil lamps can now be crafted and improved correctly.
- Change: Added animal condition colors back
- Change: Distant terrain textures will look more fitting to the close ones
- Change: Added a Very High setting to Terrain/Shadow Detail
- Change: Fixed glitchy background when distant terrain was disabled.
- Bugfix: Reduced light flickering
- Bugfix: New stone fences will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+.
- Bugfix: Slate and marble brick pavement will properly export to Deed Planner 2.8+
- Bugfix: Texture size settings will now work for all objects properly
180406 Patch Notes 6/APR/18
Epic structure changes:
- All epic structures are now able to be improved.
- All epic structures can be moved and rotated by their owners.
- All epic structures cannot be moved and block deeds if they are involved in an active mission
- Epic structures will not block deeds and will be removed from the pool of possible targets if on deed on all servers.
Bug Fixes Bug fix: Tile item count will be checked for items dropping on creation and being unloaded in order to prevent piles of more than 100 items.
180405 Patch Notes 5/APR/18
Changes and additions:
- Heal spell will now heal a minimum of 30% and scale up to 100% depending on cast power.
- Sacrifice creature success for missions will now take player FS and creature CR into account:
- Weaker creatures will be able to be sacrificed at more health.
- The existing requirements of 50% health or less will remain the cap.
- Mission descriptions will now display the movement timer reduction upon completion of the mission
- Bug fix: Artifacts can no longer be placed inside saddlebags/saddlesacks.
- Bug fix: You can no longer remove the string from a bow unless the bow is in your inventory.
- Bug fix: You can now mine out of a cliff tile without getting an error message.
- Bug fix: Fixed various spelling and text errors.
- Bug fix: When opening a gift inside a container, the contents will go into the player’s main inventory.
- Bug fix: Smelters and kilns should no longer take damage when on deed and upkeep is greater than 30 days.
- Bug fix: Tree stumps should once again match the tree woodtype.
- Bug fix: Creation of Sandstone parapets should now use the proper quantity of sandstone bricks.
- Bug fix: The action cycle for completing a fence will now cancel if the player is in the way of completion.
- Bug fix: Global spells cast by player gods will now correctly announce the deity name of the casters.
- Bug fix: Missions will now display there correct karma per item when requiring multi part items.
- Bug fix: Guard tower ritual missions will now spawn correctly and display tower name as well as kingdom affiliation.
180315 Patch Notes 15/MAR/18
Changes and additions:
- Chain, plate, drake and scale armour can now be dyed
- Bugfix: Staves and crowbars can now be crafted from all metal types.
- Bugfix: Fixed timer scaling issue for pickaxes with WoA when mining.
- Bugfix: Removed double copper needle from recipe list.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to bash a tent that does not belong to you on pve.
- Bugfix: Addressed issues with timer and success when sacrificing animals.
- Epic Bugfix: Player gods should no longer show up on the commune list or be referenced by name when deciding not to guide.
- Epic Bugfix: Drake/Scale should no longer drop when logging out.
- Change: Dyes will now show on helmets and held items
- Due to some unforseen issues with a live build, the preview compatibility for mac changes have been delayed to an update coming shortly.
- Preview: Fixed issues with keyboard input on Linux
180308 Patch Notes 08/MAR/18
Changes and additions
- New: Added the option to use the Place feature for larger items which you cannot take into inventory.
- New: White Cloth, leather and studded leather armour can now be dyed.
- New: Dragging an item from a container or inventory window to a world object will cause it to be moved to the object’s inventory, without the need to open it in a window manually.
- Change: You should do more damage when destroying off deed items if they are owned/created by you.
- Change:You will now get the option to spawn at your deed token even if the terrain is too steep. The spawn location will have a Steep warning in the dropdown menu.
Epic Mission Tweaks:
- Avenger of light missions will no longer spawn.
- Increased amount of mission creatures spawned (up to 50% extra of the required amount).
- Spawned mission creatures will age faster and die after a few weeks.
- Mission difficulty will not always go up on a successful mission completion.
- Mission requirements will be a bit less across most missions.
- Changed sacrifice creature missions so the action is only 12s long instead of 30s. Changed the chance of interruption during the action to be a lot less.
- Epic Change: Characteristic skillgain has been increased by 30%.
Metal items update
- New: Many metal items and tools can now be crafted with any metal.
- New: Metal items will now take on a hue depending on the metal used in creation
- Change: Ore is no longer capped at 50 Quality on Epic Home Servers.
- New: Metal lumps can now be combined to up to 64 of the item or 64kg, whichever is the higher.
- Note: This allows lumps such as gold, silver and brass to be combined past the 64x count, allowing it to be used to create larger items.
- Metal items will now have special bonuses and penalties depending on metal type used:
- Note: All values are compared to iron.
- 5% DR
- 5% Movement Speed
- 10% Damage Dealt
- -60% Damage Taken
- 8x Trader Price
- 15% shatter resistance
- -60% decay reduction
- 5% lockpicking bonus
- 15% Pendulum Area of Effect bonus
- 7.5% bash damage bonus
- 10% ql bonus to items created
- 1% DR bonus
- -1% damage dealt
- 5% bonus to damage dealt to armour
- -5% damage taken
- 2.5% ql gain per improvement action
- 6x trader price
- -5% decay damage
- 10% bonus to quality upon creation
- 2.5% bonus to repairing
- 2.5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 5% bonus to bash damage
- 1% DR bonus
- -1.5% damage dealt
- 7.5% bonus damage dealt to armour
- -10% damage taken
- 5x trader price
- -15% decay damage
- 5% bonus to quality upon creation
- 5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 2.5% bonus to bash damage
- -1% DR
- 1% movement speed bonus
- -2% glance rate
- Deals 35% less damage
- Deals extra poison wound at 30% of damage after 35% reduction
- 5x trader price
- 15% extra damage taken
- -5% decay damage taken
- 5% bonus to quality gain per improvement action
- 2.5% bonus to repairing
- -5% lockpicking penalty
- -5% to pendulum area of effect
- -10% to bash damage
- 5% DR Bonus
- 10% movement speed bonus
- 10% attack speed
- -40% damage taken
- 25% shatter resistance
- 10x Trader prices
- -40% decay taken
- 5% bonus to repairing
- 5% lockpicking bonus
- 20% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 10% ql bonus to items created
- -1% DR
- -5% movement speed
- 2.5% bonus to glance rate
- -5% attack speed
- -2.5% damage dealt
- 5% bonus to armour damage
- 10x trader prices
- 20% extra damage taken
- -60% decay damage taken
- 20% resistance to shatter
- -5% penalty to repairing
- -2.5 penalty to lockpicking
- Can be used to make holy items (altars, statuettes)
- 10% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 15% bonus to bash damage
- Can be used to make unicorn shoes
- -2.5% DR
- -2.5% movement speed
- -50% damage dealt
- Deals extra poison wound at 75%% of damage after 50% reduction
- .75x trader prices
- 30% extra damage taken
- -20% decay damage taken
- 10% bonus to quality gain per improvement action
- 5% bonus to quality upon creation
- -10% repair speed
- -5% penalty to lockpicking
- -10% penalty to pendulum area of effect
- 20% bonus to bash damage
- 5% DR
- 10% bonus to movement speed
- 5% attack speed
- 5% damage dealt
- 12x trader prices
- -50% damage taken
- -50% decay damage taken
- 100% shatter resistance
- 5% bonus to repair speed
- 5% bonus to lockpicking
- Can be used to make holy items
- 25% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 7.5% bonus to bash damage
- -.75% DR
- -2% movement speed
- 1% glance rate bonus
- 10% damage to hunter mobs (most aggressive)
- -2.5% parry rate
- 8x Trader prices
- 2.5% extra damage taken
- -30% decay damage taken
- 10% resistance to shatter
- 2.5% bonus to lockpicking
- Can be used to make holy items
- Can be used to make unicorn shoes
- 5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 10% bonus to bash damage
- 2.5% DR
- 2.5% extra damage to armour
- 2.5x trader prices
- -20% damage taken
- -30% decay damage taken
- 2.5% bonus to repair speed
- 5% lockpicking bonus
- 2.5% bonus to pendulum area of effect
- 5% bonus to bash damage
- -1.75% DR
- 2% bonus to movement speed
- 4% bonus to attack speed
- -7.5% damage dealt
- -5% parry rate
- 20% bonus damage taken
- -7.5% decay penalty
- 2.5% bonus to quality gain per improvement action
- 5% bonus to quality upon creation
- -2.5% penalty to repair speed
- -2.5% lockpicking penalty
- -5% penalty to pendulum area of effect
- -10% bash damage
- -2% DR
- 2.5% bonus to movement speed
- 5% attack speed
- -10% damage dealt
- .9x trader prices
- 25% extra damage taken
- 20% extra decay damage taken
- 7.5% bonus to quality gain per improvement action
- -5% repair speed
- -2.5% lockpicking bonus
- -5% penalty to pendulum area of effect
- -15% bash damage
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue where all names on the UI friend list went blank instead of just the specified removed friend.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which allowed you to plan a structure greater than your skill with no option to finalize or destroy the plan.
- Bugfix: Bridge pavement is now removed when a bridge section is destroyed and reverted to a plan.
- Bugfix: Recipe Cherries Jubilee should now be in everyone’s recipe book and can actually be made now.
- Bugfix: Building door history is properly recorded whether or not you have an item activated during the lock/unlock process.
- Bugfix: You should now be able to tar a floor board underwater to the same depth you can lay them.
- Bugfix: Prying catseyes and waystones on deed should do more damage than off deed.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double pray in the context menu for Nahjo on a water tile inside a cave.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which caused damage to water instead of a reduction of weight to the water during a failed tailoring advanced creation attempt. (Ex. Using water on a cloth shirt to make a black vested shirt).
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which caused items with glow runes attached to never cool down.
- Bugfix: Fennel seed should no longer show as being made with a mortar and pestle on any spice in recipes.
- Bugfix: Freedom Isle missions should properly reset after 3.5 days if the mission is less than 33% complete. Note that this only applies to missions that gradually tick up (not tree, traitor, build etc missions).
- Bugfix: Followup fix to the January 2018 change to further address the lag on Elevation.
- Bugfix: Items should properly decay and cool off while inside saddle bags and saddle sacks equipped on horses.
- Bugfix: Additional fix to check that the 5% tax is not taken from crates stored in racks as soon as they are moved off deed.
- Note: This fix does require a tax check to occur on deed prior to taking off deed to correctly update the period between taxings.
- Please allow a few weeks for everything to get a tick before reporting issues.
- In the meantime, continue to move items from crates in racks to new crates in order to prevent the immediate tax deduction off deed.
- Bugfix: Special wounds of same type and position will now stack, similar to normal wounds.
Example of this is a FA weapon causing multiple burn wounds to the same position on the body if hit there multiple times. The normal weapon wounds would mostly stack (with some randomly causing a new wound), but fire wouldn’t stack. That fire wound will now stack with any existing fire wound at that position.
- Bugfix: Creatures should once again lose aggression if you walk a distance away and choose No Target.
180215 Patch Notes 15/FEB/18
- Fix to address crashing issue on Elevation.
- Digging to pile will now correctly take rarity and 10% ql rune into account.
- Fixed issue with cleaning furnaces allowing for large quantities of ash.
- Leather can now be made again.
180207 Patch Notes 07/FEB/18
Additions & Changes
- New: You can now add notes to your friends list.
- New: You can now clean your furnaces after use and collect the ash which can be used in the creation of other products.
- Once a furnace goes out, or after being lit for 30 minutes and snuffed, ash can be collected with the ‘clean’ action by activating a shovel and right clicking the furnace
- This will provide firemaking skill
- Resulting quality is incluenced by firemaking skill and quality of furnace
- QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).
- New: Attempting to dye an item with not enough dye will tell you how much you need
- New: You can now paint/dye certain items with one color for the wood and another for the cloth portion.
- Dye is removed from the wooden sections with a wire brush
- Dye is removed from the secondary (cloth) sections with lye equal to half the weight required to dye the item in the first place.
- Note: Items that are currently dyed will have both primary and secondary sections coloured.
- New: Wood-type shaders have been added, so many items will once again show different hues for the different wood-types. This includes wood-types for the newly added trees which never had a different hue:
- Change: With the addition of adding a second dye color to some items, all dye amount requirements have been reviewed and adjusted.
- Change: Adjusted affinity gain chances to favour skills more than characteristics. This change is aimed at avoiding the majority of affinities being characteristics and to result in skill affinities being more common. We will continue to monitor and adjust affinity chances in further updates if necessary.
- Change: Meditation abilities that only affect yourself are no longer affected by deed permissions.
- Change: Increased post grace period decay rate for offdeed red catseyes and waystones with only one valid link.
- The ability to accurately place items with the use of the mouse cursor has been added:
- To place an item, it must be possible to be in your inventory (not heavy objects or vehicles).
- Right click the item, and select drop > place.
- Default move is free move with the mouse.
- Holding CTRL will align to an 8×8 grid within a tile(64 squares within the tile).
- Holding ALT will align to a 4×4 grid within a tile (16 squares within the tile).
- Mouse scroll will rotate the object.
- Holding shift while mouse scrolling will rotate slowly for better precision.
- Improved loading times of settings window.
- Wood type will now show on equipped wooden things such as mallets, bows, and shields
- Bugfix: Fixed various spelling and text issues.
- Bugfix: Rare fishing spots will now correctly move when the season (and thus fish type) changes.
- Bugfix: PvP – Disabling lawful now lets you bypass anti-archery permissions and gives penalty for doing so
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with mining or digging a tile corner from too far a distance.
- Bugfix: Horse and Hell Horse corpses should match the color of the live horse/hell horse.
- Bugfix: Fix for bulk bins taking the 5% tax tick immediately when moving them from deed to off deed.
- Bugfix: You should no longer lose total fillet weight when adding them to a bulk container. Fillets will still be reduced to .30 wt, but the quantity will be increased to reflect the total weight of the fillets before putting them into a bulk container.
- Bugfix: Tree stumps for centered trees will now also be centered.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused herbs planted while in inventory falling to the ground with the message that they will not fit in the planter rack.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which allowed a mine entrance to be opened onto a bridge.
- Bugfix: Wagoners have been instructed to keep their wagons repaired.
180128 Hotfix 2018-01-28: Fix for a crash bug
Applying a fix to prevent a crash and bring Independence back online. Also swapped out a few hamsters and cleaned their cages.
180119 Hotfix 19/01/18
Affinity system adjustments: We’ve made some adjustments to the affinity system to improve how affinities are gained. we’ll continue to log affinities gained and adjust accordingly.
180118 Patch Notes 18/JAN/18
Changes and additions:
- We have adjusted some creatures spawn tile requirements to prevent the over abundance of seal colonies on rocky shores. Rats can now spawn on rock near water and seals may spawn on beaches. We’ll continue to monitor locations of large seal colonies.
- The ability to dig dirt or resources directly into a pile has been added. The keybind dig_to_pile will allow you to dig dirt and other resources and have them go into a pile at your feet. Once the pile is full, the resources will go into inventory. This is only available via the keybind which can be set in the console or in the keybind tab on the settings page.
- Hell horses now have new colour names to differentiate them from regular horses.
- Brown > Cinder
- Gold > Envious
- Black > Shadow
- White > Pestilential
- Grey > Ash
- Ebony Black > Molten
- Piebald Pinto > Nightshade
- Blood bay > Incandescent
- Examining a live horse or hell horse will now give it’s colour in the examine message.
- Title for masonry 100 added – Another Brick In The Wall
- Sealed containers can now be placed on merchants.
- Sealed dye containers will now show the RGB in the title.
Affinity System Adjustments:
Overkilling Changes: (Note: Overkilling is the mechanic that stops any skillgain, affinity gain, rank bonuses etc from killing a player too often)
- The time limit of 3 hours between kills to trigger overkilling of another player (after having killed them at least 3 times already per player) has been increased to 6 hours.
Overall kills on a single player are now tracked, and will count as overkilling if killed more than 3 times by any other player in a short time.
- When killed in PvP a player will gain a death count and a 3 hour timer will tick down.
- If killed while that timer is ticking down, another death count will be gained, and the timer will reset to the 3 hour mark and start again.
- After this timer has ticked down, a death is removed from their count and the timer will reset if any death counts remain.
- If a player’s death count increases over 3, then any PvP kills against them will count as overkilling until that death count is again below 3.
- When using a skill premium characters will now have a small chance to gain an affinity in that skill upon a successful skill check.
- On average once every 2 hours, a character will open a 15s window of time where every successful skill check will have a chance to gain an affinity in that skill. (e.g if you are mining during this window, you could gain an affinity in mining, pickaxe, miscellaneous items, body stamina, body strength, soul strength, mind logic, mind, soul, or body)
- The chance to gain an affinity is 1/500 if you have no affinities in that skill, 1/1000 if you have one affinity, 1/1500 if you have two affinities, 1/2000 if you have 3 affinities and 1/2500 if you have 4 affinities.
- If an affinity is successfully gained during the 15s window, the window will reset and no more will be able to be gained until the next window on that character.
- This window will remain open and check every skill tick until an affinity is gained or the 15 seconds is up.
- We will be monitoring these chances and making changes as necessary.
- Stealing affinities upon killing a character in PvP has changed:
- If the dead character only has one affinity total, they will not lose that affinity and the killer will not gain an affinity.
If the dead character has more than one affinity, then a random one is lost and may go to the killer. If the dead character has more affinities in that skill than the killer, then the killer will gain that affinity 100% of the time. Otherwise, the chance for the killer to gain the affinity is dependant on the difference between the number of affinities in that skill each player has (before the dead character loses the affinity). If the difference is 0, the chance is 50% for the killer to gain the affinity. Difference of 1 is 25%, difference of 2 is 12.5% and difference of 3 is 6.25%.
- If an affinity is lost by the dead character and none gained by the killer, then the killer will receive a timed affinity in that skill that will last for a week.
- Bugfix: Various objects should not re-appear in wrong places after traveling
- Bugfix: Keybinds set for GRAVE key will now save correctly
- Bug Fixes:
- Bugfix: An issue causing continued lag on Elevation since the release of 1.6 has been identified and addressed. We will continue to monitor the server for any instances of extended lag
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to drag more than 100 items into the saddlebags or saddle sacks.
- Bugfix: The 2017 Saddle Sack gifts should no longer decay.
- Bugfix: A roof on a south or east building border tile should no longer block wall plans.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with keybind for combine fragment not working properly.
- Bugfix: Fillets of fish and meat should no longer change to generic fish/meat fillets when dragging from one bulk container to another.
- Bugfix: Weight reduction runes on tool and weapon heads will be ignored so that the items can be used for creation and not return a too little material message.
- Bugfix: Corrected various text messages.
- Bugfix: Fixed Valrei scenario mission rewards being awarded incorrectly.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to resize a deed with enemy presence.
- Bugfix: Removed double taste and drink option on sealed containers with something activated in inventory.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with control-click and dragging containers inside containers.
- Bugfix: You can now drag items directly into containers inside equipped saddle sacks/bags.
- Bugfix: Disallowed PvP opportunity attacks on other players on PvE servers, except in spars/duels.
- Bugfix: Removed double application of bloodthirst for archery on Epic.*