Wurm Server Release Notes 2017
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2017
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm server release notes as shown in the news section of the Wurm client. The section headings are the date the server was updated; YYMMDD.
Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- 1 171223 Hotfix 23/DEC/17
- 2 171223 Patch Notes 23/DEC/17
- 3 171130 Patch Notes 30/NOV/17
- 4 171119 Hotfix: 19/NOV/17
- 5 171117 Patch Notes 17/NOV/17
- 6 171115 Patch Notes 15/NOV/17
- 7 171112 Patch Notes 12/11/17
- 8 171108 Patch notes 8/NOV/17
- 9 171103 Patch Notes 3/NOV/17
- 10 171103 Hotfix 3/NOV/17
- 11 171102 Hotfix 2/NOV/17
- 12 171102 Patch Notes 1.6 2/NOV/17
- 13 171012 Hotfix: 12/OCT/17
- 14 170929 Hotfix: 29/09/17
- 15 170928 Patch Notes 28/SEP/17
- 16 170907 Patch Notes 7/SEP/17
- 17 170821 Patch Notes 21/AUG/17
- 18 170817 Patch Notes 17/AUG/17
- 19 170731 Patch Notes 31/JUL/17
- 20 170720 Patch Notes 20/JUL/17
- 21 170720 Client update to address Java issues
- 22 170706 Patch Notes 06/JUL/17
- 23 170622 Patch Notes 22/JUN/17
- 24 170617 HOTFIX 17/JUN/17
- 25 170616 Patch Notes 16/JUN/17
- 26 170608 Patch Notes 8/JUN/17
- 27 170601 Patch Notes 1/JUN/17
- 28 170512 Patch Notes 12/MAY/17
- 29 170518 Patch Notes 18/MAY/17
- 30 170420 Patch Notes 20/APR/17
- 31 170413 Patch Notes 13/APR/17
- 32 170323 Patch Notes 23/MAR/17
- 33 170317 Patch Notes 10/MAR/17
- 34 170224 Patch notes 24/FEB/17
- 35 170217 Patch notes 17/FEB/17
- 36 170209 Patch notes 09/FEB/17
- 37 170126 Patch notes 26/JAN/17
171223 Hotfix 23/DEC/17
- Saddles can now have Wind of Ages cast on them again.
- Fixed Saddlebags and saddlesacks being able to hold more than 100 items.
- PMK wagon textures have been corrected.
- Saddles no longer fit inside saddlebags to avoid nesting.
- Placing items inside a saddlebag or sack will not damage horse shoes.
- Hair colours have been corrected.
- Cave lighting has been corrected.
171223 Patch Notes 23/DEC/17
Changes and Additions:
- Added small bag
- Small bag is created with a needle on leather.
- Small bags are not containers, but are used in creation of saddlebags.
- Added saddlebags
- Saddlebags are created with a leather belt on a small bag, and finished with an additional leather belt and small bag.
- Any weight in the saddlebag will count as half weight for speed calculations on the horse.
- Saddles are now considered containers, which can only take saddlebag items.
- Saddlebags are placed inside the saddle on the horse, and can be reached by the equipment menu
- A separate option to access saddlebags independently of the equipment menu is in the works, but not available at this time
- Added PAVE and PAVE_CORNER keybinds.
- New players created after today’s update will have the Fix Cooking Affinties flag set to ON in manage profiles. Any characters created prior to today’s update will need to manually set the flag to ON if they wish to have the *updated affinity calculation.
- Fixed an issue that allowed multiple deity champs per kingdom and more than 3 champs.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect scenario rewards.
- Valrei mission items should now advance the sacrifice mission even if quality is below 30.
- Fixed an issue causing recipe notes to disappear when logging out. Max length for notes is 200 characters.
- You no longer get the drink option in the context menu for sealed containers.
- You can no longer fill a sealed container.
- Required amount of statue of drake fragments has been reduced to 127 instead of 133 to prevent them bugging out.
- Armor pieces with no material indicated should now properly combine with the iron material pieces.
171130 Patch Notes 30/NOV/17
- Wires can now be put into bulk bins.
- Added explanatory note to Manage Roles for “May Place NPCs” to indicate that the wagoner portion is citizen only.
- Lurker in the woods cast pendulums will now show the name of the champion creature located instead of “presence”.
- Lurker in the woods and Lurker in the deep cast pendulums will now scale according to server size:
- 2048 tile servers will be power / 100 x 64 = tile radius.
- 4096 servers will be power / 100 x 128 = tile radius.
- 8192 servers will be power / 100 x 256 = tile radius.
Mission changes and fixes
- If Freedom missions are not 33% complete after half the duration they will be set to expire in 12 hours after the check.
- Lurker in the Dark cast pendulums will now also find mission traitors.
- Bugfix: Deep sea creatures spawned for missions should no longer spawn in shallow waters.
- Bugfix: Trees for missions should properly spawn in the perimeters of deeds instead of on deed or very far away.
- Bugfix: Traitor name and glow indicator should not disappear with server restarts if the mission is still active.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue with adding or removing the new brand group permission showed in history as Unknown. It should now correctly indicate the name ‘Brand Group’.
- Bugfix: Fixed the ‘That item is already busy’ error when dragging bulk containers after having emptied them.
- Bugfix: Combined archaeology armor pieces should now have a material type.
171119 Hotfix: 19/NOV/17
- The brand animals permission group will now correctly cross over upon death, allowing players in that group to retrieve items off corpses if set.
171117 Patch Notes 17/NOV/17
- 5 hours sleep bonus due to the skill rollback from last update has been awarded to all accounts
- Player god missions should no longer spawn on Freedom.
- Instead of being individually added upon branding, creatures will now have a special role for citizens with brand permissions on a deed. This will mean leaving the deed will revoke all permissions on branded creatures.
- Bugfix: Permission window for bison should now correctly say Can Lead instead of Can Ride.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue with slay champion creature missions not advancing.
- Bugfix: Libila animal sacrifice missions removed from Freedom.
171115 Patch Notes 15/NOV/17
Epic to Freedom skill transfer fixes Characters which had higher unmodified epic skills but lower after modification should now have their correct freedom values.
- Unfinished epic structures will no longer generate ritual missions .
- Text fixes with mission descriptions.
- Fixed water creatures spawning on land for missions.
- Difficulty ranges for missions have been adjusted.
- Rewards for missions have been adjusted upwards.
- Changed inhabited and abandoned deed time frames on investigations into show ingame times.
- Tool enchants will now work correctly with investigate and identify.
- Corrected weights of large and small amphorae when completed from fragments.
- All fragments will now form a pile.
- Damaged fragments can no longer be repaired .
- Decay rate of fragments has been reduced.
- Removed double Identify option in inventory.
- Bugfix: New members joining a PMK from the portal should properly show on the member list.
- Bugfix: Fixed a text issue when prospecting a rock salt wall.
- Bugfix: Mark of the traitor should not show in examine message for creatures not involved in a traitor mission.
- Bugfix: Bulk move actions now keep track of number of items to move when queued.
171112 Patch Notes 12/11/17
Epic to Freedom Skill Transfers A one time transfer for all Epic accounts skills as of the 2nd of November to Freedom will be performed during this update. We will be applying a calculation to remove the 2x skillgain and reduce Epic skills to an estimated Freedom equivilent. Freedom skills will then have their highest value set to equal to the original Epic skill and give a 3x multiplier until that is reached on Freedom.
NOTE: THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR FREEDOM SKILL. IF YOUR FREEDOM SKILL IS HIGHER THAN YOUR PRE-ADJUSTED EPIC SKILL IT WILL NOT CROSS.
- Characteristics and Meditation skills will cross at a 1:1 ratio.
- Faith, Favour, and Alignment will not cross at all.
For more information on the process behind the transfers, please read: https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/158305-some-epic-things/
Additionally, all premium accounts affected by this transfer will have their premium extended by 10 days to account for the delay in processing this transfer.
- Added “May plant” permission to village roles.
- Placing a wagoner container now requires May plant” permission.
- Placing a wagoner will now require “May place merchants” permission.
- Bugfix: Various text fixes.
- Bugfix: Rounded stone bridge icons now have correct images.
- Bugfix: The chocolate milk recipe should no longer be shown as a sub recipe when cow milk is required.
- Bugfix: Building over planted items underground should give you the take option as it does above ground.
- Bugfix: Action bar will now correctly identify what you are gathering (kelp, reed or grass) based on the tile type.
- Bugfix: Fixed error message when viewing history of branded animals via right click permissions.
- Bugfix: Pulp and paper now indicate the correct woodtype.
- Fixed rain occlusion related crash on some Linux GPU drivers.
- Rain occlusion is now linked to Detailed Weather option in settings.
- Addressed an issue where mine doors occassionally appeared flat.
- General performance improvements.
- Addressed memory issues with other players in local.
171108 Patch notes 8/NOV/17
- Added identify option to fragments when outside of inventory.
- Removed player god favoured messages.
- Tweaked max difficulty of archaeology actions to scale correctly at higher levels.
- Changed the speed penalty of all plate helms to be the same.
- Changed mask fragments to need 10 to combine them instead of 3.
- Tweaked valrei fight movement code so deities don’t dance around in the same spot and waste their turn.
- Changed how mission rewards are displayed and work.
- Missions that weren’t giving rewards properly previously should now give them properly again.
- Rewards overall should be a bit higher now, and display correctly on the mission window for each type of mission.
- We’ll be monitoring completion rates and feedback on these and tweaking as needed in the coming weeks.
- Tweaked chances for certain types of missions to spawn, lowered the chance of build epic structure missions to spawn overall.
- Changed sacrifice creature missions so that you do not need to be a follower of the god to sacrifice the creature.
- As long as you are in that god’s domain you will be able to sacrifice the creature, you will just not get any favor for it if you are not a follower of that god.
- Fixed build epic structure missions so they properly accept newly built structures that are in the correct location.
- Fixed creature related missions so they cannot spawn with baby creatures (lambs, foals, etc)
- Fixed enemy missions on home servers so they have a chance to spawn properly at lower difficulty.
- Fixed player god missions on non-epic servers so they don’t respawn.
- Fixed valrei fights so that player gods aren’t thrown into random fights.
- Fixed avatars spawning as the wrong kingdom for missions.
- Fixed rideable creatures with lingering traitor marks so they don’t resize to huge.
- Fixed identifying fragments so it is possible while embarked.
- Fixed destroying pavement while inside caves.
- Fixed dragon armour so a metal brush cannot remove the colour from them.
- Fixed fragments to not be smeltable.
- Fixed combined fragments appearing with negative enchantments.
- Fixed items in FSBs transferring to other bulk bins with their data intact.
- Fixed tamed creatures having a mind of their own and wandering off sometimes.
- Fixed traders so they will properly stock wagoner contracts.
- Fixed kingdom influence messages reporting the wrong percentages.
- Fixed creatures attacking through walls and from a long distance.
- Fixed fragments to correctly send the imp icon all the time.
- Fixed an issue with fragment materials.
- Fixed an issue with using a portal from GV to Xanadu not keeping the starter deed information.
- Fixed an issue with first time premium payments not syncing correctly with the login server.
- Added rain occlusion – rain and snow will no longer appear under roofs. (GLSL and FBO must be enabled in your client for this to properly work)
- NOTE: This does not mean that paved tiles inside buildings will no longer have the snow texture.
- New mine doors should only appear where they are placed.
171103 Patch Notes 3/NOV/17
- Skillgain on epic has been boosted
- Creation action skillgain has been reduced (excepting skills that only use creation actions).
- Characteristics gains have been increased.
- Timer length will now play a part in tick size, instead of every action counting as a 10 second action.
- Fragments should no longer create ghost items when identified inside containers.
- Fixed an error causing crashes on mission generation.
- Fixed an issue with first time premium purchase.
- Emotes and double click examine should now work with an item activated.
- Mine doors should now display the correct orientation from inside and animate properly.
- Creatures should avoid fences properly, and if too near a fence move away.
- Ten hours sleep bonus has been added to all accounts in compensation for the multiple downtimes.
171103 Hotfix 3/NOV/17
- Fix for traitor missions causing server crashes
- Racks for empty bsbs can now have bsbs properly placed inside
- You can no longer bulk transfer items into the same container, causing them to be lost
171102 Hotfix 2/NOV/17
- Fragments have been forced to seed and can now be properly found when investigating without having to regenerate over time.
- Creatures should die properly when killed.
- Skill transfers from freedom to epic should ignore 3x penalty properly.
- Skill multiplier on Epic has been reduced to 1x, as it already receives 2x from being Epic.
- If you have crossed over and have a large gap between existing and highest skill on epic please log a support ticket for a GM to rectify.
- Transferring between bulk containers will now work correctly.
- Transfering from bulk containers into inventory will now work according to body strength.
- Meditation skillgain on epic has been adjusted to take low difficulty of action into account.
- We will look at other skills over time.
- Investigate will only work on surface tiles.
171102 Patch Notes 1.6 2/NOV/17
This update marks a major client change, which unfortunately means the legacy client will no longer connect. We will continue to work with reported issues with the stable client to ensure the smoothest gameplay possible. If you are encountering issues with the stable client please use the low memory client.
- New: Added Wagoner for bulk deliveries.
- The wagoner will use the highway system to deliver bulk goods across a server.
- Players may either hire a public wagoner, or purchase a wagoner contract for 15 silver from a trader
- For more information, check the wurmpedia entry for Wagoners: https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wagoner
- New: Archaeology and Restoration
- Players can now investigate tiles with a trowel to find fragments of items
- Investigating on old disbanded settlements has a chance to yield unique items
- Unidentified fragments will need to be identified with the use of a chisel or metal brush
- Each identify action will reduce the weight of the fragment.
- Once the fragment weight is equal to the weight of the fragmented item, the fragment will become a fragment of the item.
- Using the correct tool to identify will increase the amount of weight lost each action
- Fragments can then be combined with fragments of the same item until the complete item is made.
- New keybinds: INVESTIGATE, IDENTIFY and COMBINE_FRAGMENTS
- Premium payment option changes
- First time premium for new players has been reduced to 2 silvers.
- Note: This no longer includes the referral and 2 silver cash back and a later purchase through the shop will not include a referral or 2 silver cash back.
- Premium purchases via the shop for first time premium has not changed and will still give the referral and ingame silver cashback
- Added a 15 day premium purchase option for 5 silver.
- New: You can now re-pave a highway tile without having to destroy catseyes and waystones and disrupting the valid highway.
- NOTE over 20 body strength will be necessary for this
- Permissions are required to do this on deed and in perimeters.
- You can also pave bridge parts when they are part of a highway, also can be repaved once paved.
- New: In addition to renaming the shelves in the Bulk Storage container unit, you can now also rename the shelves of the larder and the large storage unit.
- New: Mine door graphics have been improved and mine door animation has been added.
- Placing a mine door will now level the upper border of the mine entrance to the lowest side.
- If the border is shared with a fence or house it will remain uneven.
- The top border will need to be flat in order to have opening animation
- If top border is uneven the new textures will show, but opening animation will not.
- Mine doors can now be removed with the use of a crowbar.
- To remove a mine door you must be the owner, or have the manage item permission.
- New: Bulk-to-bulk transfers
- Amount transferred is depending on your strength in relation to the weight of the item type you’re transferring. If you can carry 20, you’ll move 20 at a time. If you can carry (the weight of) 2000, :*you’ll transfer 2000 at a time.
- Take note that the carry weight respects how much you’re currently carrying in your inventory.
- The action ‘ticks’ once every second, so it’s not a long wait.
- Multiple actions of transferring can be queued.
- The action is triggered by dragging a bulk item from one bulk container to another, you will have the regular bulk item transfer options (default numbers up to 50), MAX, or entering a number in the text field at the top. If you have 500 iron lumps, but only want to transfer 430, enter the number in the text field.
- Face shots will now take head armour as the armour value.
- Added iron plate armour
- Base damage reduction rate of 63% on Freedom and 65% on Epic.
- Meditation path level up cooldowns have been lowered and the cap has been reduced from 24 days to 18 days
- Level 1: 12h
- Level 2: 1 day
- Level 3: 2 days
- Level 4: 4.5 days
- Level 5: 8 days
- Level 6: 12.5 days
- Level 7+: 18 days
- If your Meditation skill is higher than current level x 15 the cooldown timer will be halved (e.g. If you have higher than 45 Meditation, the time between level 3 and 4 will be 2.25 days instead of 4.5 days.)
- New: Creature movement overhaul has now been introduced to all servers.
- Bugfix: Dug up artifacts will have the correct number of charges (30) as recharged artifacts.
- WARNING:This affects all artifacts not in ground, dug up artifacts before this patch will need recharging before the older 4 month time and the charges on the artifact will be reduced to 30 if they have more than 30 charges remaining when they are picked up.
- Bugfix: Can now eat from nested containers with the proper permissions on the locked container.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue preventing planting catseyes (and waystones) under bridge entrances.
- Bugfix: Removed creator tag on a few bulk food items that should not have had tags at all.
- Bugfix: Inventory groups will no longer be able to destroy floors or take damage from that action.
- Bugfix: Timers for flattening and leveling tile borders have been corrected.
- Bugfix: Mining timers should now scale properly starting at 25s at level 1.
- Bugfix: Dye text will once again be the same tint as the dye color.
Epic Only Changes:
- Players using an Epic Portal from Freedom servers will now transfer across to Epic with their skills.
- If a player has already been on Epic, only the skills from Freedom that are higher at the time of the transfer will carry across. Skills that are higher on Epic will be unchanged.
- Higher skills from Freedom will only overwrite the Epic skill if the Epic skill does not currently have the 3x regain rate (i.e. skill has not been recently lost).
- Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
- Leather from 45% to 60%
- Studded from 50% to 62.5%
- Chain from 55% to 62.5%
- Cloth from 35% to 40%
- Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
- Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
- Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
- Steel from 2% to 2.5%
- Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
- Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
- Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
- Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
- Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
- Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
- Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
- Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
- Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
- Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
- Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
- Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
- Changes to how Bloodthirst scales damage at higher powers:
- Bloodthirst damage bonus has now been reduced to 33% of weapon damage at 10,000 power
- Bloodthirst power gain no longer slows down after 5,000 against creatures.
- Locate Soul range has been reduced to 200 tiles. Beyond that range you will receive the message “No such soul found”.
- Upkeep costs for Spirit guards on Epic servers will now scale according to how many you have, starting at 1 silver per month for the first guard, and increasing by 50 coppers more than the previous guard
- 1 guard 1 silver upkeep
- 2 guards 2.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver)
- 3 guards 4.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver, 3rd guard 2 silver)
- Oakshell changes:
- Oakshell now properly slows a mount based on power of cast
- A cast of under 70 power will give the creature a rare glow, a cast of over 70 will show a supreme glow.
- Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.
- Travelling through an epic portal will generate sleep bonus on the server you left at the same rate of sleeping in a bed
- Kingdom influence on Epic servers will now update dynamically when towers are captured or destroyed without needing a restart.
- Scale and drake armour will no longer drop upon leaving the world.
- New skillgain system on Epic Servers
- Actions will now be 2x faster than actions on freedom
- Skillgain has also been doubled.
- Skillgain will occur upon completing actions successfully
- Creation actions will give less skill per action
- Skillgain will have a bonus if the action difficulty is close to players skill.
- Player Gods
- Once a player has ascended to demigod status, they still control a random hex, allied to the god that favours their kingdom and hostile to others. Being defeated in combat will remove them from the board.
- If their god wins and can promote an ally, the player god will ascend to godhood and become a full god.
- The player god is then removed from the Valrei board, but still is allowed followers, priests and a spellbook, they will no longer move on the valrei map or give missions.
- Deity statistics have been changed from Vitality and Strength to:
- Body Strength, Body Stamina, Body Control, Mind Logic, Mind Speed, Soul Depth, and Soul Strength
- Deity Fights
- When gods meet on the same tile they will move into a smaller hex map for the fight. Fights can be viewed and replayed from the valrei map
- When fighting, gods may perform different actions, and favour those more suited to their stats
- Ranged attack – Body stamina, Body control
- Spell regeneration – Mind logic, Mind speed
- Melee attack – Body strength, Body control
- Defence (passive) – Body strength, Body stamina
- Deity spellcasting – Soul strength, Soul depth
- Sorcery spellcasting – Mind Logic, Soul depth
- Spell defence (passive) – Mind speed, Soul strength
- Mission Difficulty
- Missions will now generate on a difficulty scale, with higher difficulty missions providing more scenario points, sleep bonus, and karma.
- Current mission difficulty, available sleep bonus and karma can be viewed in the mission details window
- For each successful mission completed, the difficulty will go up by 1 for the subsequent mission.
- Failing or not completing a mission will lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
- If a member of another kingdom sabotages a mission that is possible to sabotage (e.g. cutting down a tree), the mission will be failed and lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
- Mission types are separated by difficulty, with home servers getting easier missions, and enemy servers getting harder missions.
- Sleep bonus is now divided amongst participants similar to how karma is
- Successfully completed missions will also provide boosts to deity stats. If a deity wins the scenario they will keep the boosted stats into the next scenario.
- New mission types
- Destroy guard tower in enemy territory
- Sacrifice creatures
- This will require lowering the creatures health and then using a sacrificial knife on the creature in the corresponding gods domain,
- Kill tower guards
- Changed mission types
- Missions involving creatures to be killed or sacrificed will now spawn those creatures specifically for the mission..
- Traitor mission creatures will be marked with a special effect and will also have oakshell.
- Trees marked for a mission will now have a special effect.
- Rewards from completing scenarios will now be split across three tiers
- Tier 1 (1 winner): top 20% of contributors – random single use tome.
- Tier 2 (3 winners): Top 50% of contributors – 3 random tome fragments
- Tier 3 (5 winners): entire pool of contributors – Seryll lump or random tome fragment
- If a player has already won a reward, they cannot win again in that scenario reward pool.
- Tier 1 winners that are also in the top 5% of contributors will have a small chance to win a huge egg or key to the heavens instead of the single use tome.
- Deity rewards upon a scenario win have been changed slightly to take into account the new skills used in fights, and more balanced rewards.
171012 Hotfix: 12/OCT/17
- Lingonberry Sprouts can no longer be picked or planted.
- Move options are now possible on deed.
- Items and creatures should no longer fall into the floor in underground buildings.
170929 Hotfix: 29/09/17
- Branded corpses may now be butchered by those with appropriate permissions.
- Corrected issue causing Life Transfer to heal attacker when no damage is dealt.
170928 Patch Notes 28/SEP/17
Changes and additions
- Corpses of branded animals can only be looted by those people who had ride/lead permissions on that animal prior to it’s death and it’s only ‘protected’ in that manner until server restart.
- You do not have to be a villager of the animal brand – you just need to have had ride/lead permission prior to the animal dying.
- People without permission cannot take, open, butcher, bury or move the corpse.
- This protection is removed with a server restart – at that time the corpse is available to anyone.
- You may now eat food from locked containers inside buildings if you have May Enter permission for the building and May Open permission for the container.
- Right clicking on containers with drinkable liquid in them will now give you the drink option.
- Renamed shelves inside a container will no longer show the shelf item or wood type, just the custom name.
- Shelves inside containers will now have the owner set to the creator or the last person to pick up/drop the unit instead of the container itself being the owner of the shelving.
- Adjusted the enchant decay system to work better with actions that are cancelled or end prematurely.
- Tree collision has been enabled.
- 3 new tapestries from the 2017 Tapestry Contest have been added.
- Tapestry of Mclavin,
- Tapestry of Ehizellbob,
- Tapestry of Evening,
- Lady Fighting Anaconda HoTA statue has been added back into the mix after its bumpy debut in May 2017.
- Creature movement changes (Celebration only)
- Creatures should no longer pile up on the edges of water
- Bugfix: Fix for ‘cursed’ HoTA statues with RGB of 0 0 0.
- Bugfix: Fixed some messaging and text errors.
- Bugfix: Burnable items that degrade ql instead of damage should now properly fuel lit items.
- Bugfix: Removed the hedge and flowerbed options from the crafting menu when inside a mine.
- Bugfix: You will no longer gain life from Life Transfer when the damage is nullified by the creature.
- General fixes and stability improvements.
- A display brightness slider has been added to the client settings under the graphics tab.
- Fixed invisible tile decorations (grass, crops etc).
- Added color coding of damage in inventories (yellow/orange for 0-20 damage and red for 20+ damage) as well as option in settings to toggle this feature.
- Archery keybinds have been corrected:
170907 Patch Notes 7/SEP/17
Additions and changes
- A new rack can be crafted for the storage of empty Bulk Storage Bins.
- This rack can hold 30 empty bulk storage bins.
- You now have the ability to build high fences in arched walls.
- A new storage unit can be crafted which contains 4 bulk storage bins inside which can be filled.
- These units will require 50 fine carpentry to build.
- Planting catseyes off deed becomes faster as your paving skill increases.
- Blessed lamps on highways will no longer decay.
- We have disabled giving out the Key to the Heavens until the full Epic/Valrei update is complete.
- Enchant decay on tools when using them has been changed to a more linear system.
- Previously, every five seconds of an action had a chance to reduce the enchant by 1.
- With the new system the chance will only occur once per action, and be based on the length of the timer.
- Bugfix: Fix for error being thrown when attempting to level a ceiling if the floor below it was not level.
- Bugfix: Crates in a crate rack on deed with more than 30 days upkeep will not decay.
- Bugfix: Small chests can no longer be mailed if locked.
- Bugfix: Fixed some spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
- Bugfix: Warmachines should no longer function between world layers.
- Bugfix: Mask of Rebirth has been removed from the Missions items list.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused cooking tools to not take damage when used.
4.0.8 Client Changes
- Dyed object colours will now correctly display with GLSL shaders disabled.
- Client resolution and fullscreen mode can now be changed again while in-game.
- Water reflections will no longer appear above the water.
- Distant trees will now have the correct texture in winter.
- Another issue causing duplicated players and objects has been addressed.
170821 Patch Notes 21/AUG/17
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with a few deed permissions which surfaced with highway release. Those who reported mining and tree cutting permission issues, please try again.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with prying/bashing waystones in deeds and perimeters.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug with waystone creation and rarity.
- Bugfix: You can now plant catseyes inside a building if the house has a fence on a different floor.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue causing crashes when using the Find route function.
Client Changes (4.0.3)
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Fixed an issue with the 4.0 client not installing on machines with no client at all.
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Make stars move in the same direction as Sol
- 4.0 Client Bugfix: Fix opacity of custom color outlines on objects
A low memory usage unstable client has been added while we continue to work on performance issues. If you run multiple clients and would like less memory used per client or experience other performance based issues with the existing unstable client please use the following link:
170817 Patch Notes 17/AUG/17
New fences and parapets are now available
- The following fence types can now be built in Slate, Sandstone, Marble, Pottery brick, Rounded stone, and rendered.
- Tall Stone Wall
- High Iron Fence
- High Iron Fence Gate
- Stone Parapet
- Chain Fence
- Crate rack for storing large and small crates.
- The crate rack can hold 30 large crates or 51 small crates
New Highway System
- The new highway system has been enabled on PvE servers.
- Paved highways of 2 or 3 tiles can be protected by the use of catseyes and waystones
- Protected paved tiles cannot be destroyed, but can be terraformed with a limit of 20 slope (28 diagonally).
- Catseyes and Waystones
- Blind catseyes are created with rock shards and a stone chisel, and then turned into catseyes with the addition of an eye.
- Waystones are made with a chisel on a rock shard, and completed with a compass and a shaft.
- Paved tiles that are two or three tiles wide can be protected by placing catseyes or waystones on adjacent tile corners.
- A catseye may only connect to 2 catseyes or waystones and must be connected to one to allow planting.
- Waystones will create junctions for multiple highway routes to connect and will require being connected to at least one catseye to allow planting off deed. Note: On deed a waystone may be planted without any connections.
- Viewing Protection
- Possible protected tiles and links can be viewed before planting a catseye or waystone by activating the item and right clicking an eligible tile corner (one with a planted catseye or waystone on an adjacent tile).
- Once planted, the protected tiles and links can be viewed by right clicking on the object and selecting it in the menu.
- It is advised to use this to ensure the correct tiles will be protected when joining highway junctions.
- Finding Deeds
- Deeds that have a waystone on deed may be found via the “find route” option on a waystone that is connected to the same highway.
- If opted in, they may be found in the drop down menu, if they have not opted in they may still be found by inputting the exact deed name
- Village Settings
- Village settings will be used for several purposes
- Allowing highways to be built or connected on deed or within 3 tiles of the deed (in village perimeter).
- KoS may not be used if the village is set to allow highways being built through the deed or within 3 tiles of the perimeter.
- Allowing highways to be found via the drop down menu on any waystone connected to the same highway
- Note, even if this is disabled, the village may be found by typing the exact name into the text box.
Existing highway rules will remain in effect until notice of their removal and reliance on highway mechanics is given.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double text for build wooden plank floors.
- Bugfix: Fix for menu option to remove reinforcement when trying to mine a ceiling above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for planted items sometimes falling into a pile of decorations.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where mining out a vein at a cave entrance could cause undesirable results.
- Bugfix: Reworded mouseover text for village permission Mine Floor to indicate it also includes mining ceilings.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of ceiling mining issues related to reinforced flooring.
- Bugfix: You can no longer bank locked items.
- Bugfix: You can once again rename tents.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to see through hedges and stone fencing.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items into doorways from all directions when there was a bridge overhead.
Client changes (4.01)
- General performance improvements.
- The general lighting brightness in daytime, night time and underground has been increased.
- Meat material name will show as a prefix if ‘show material name’ is disabled in settings.(this will appear on both 4.0 and stable)
- You can now customize your hover outline colors via the game settings.
- Customisation options will be available for neutral objects (tiles, neutral creatures, objects), hostiles, friends, and allies.
- Transparency can also be adjusted to fade the border.
- Standard colours will stay the same.
- Fixed an issue with painted items and transparency.
- Bugfix: Fixed select bar mining issues.
- Bugfix: Fix for bloated keybindings.txt file.
170731 Patch Notes 31/JUL/17
Changes and additions
- 100 shield smithing title added.
- Eyes have been added to the huge spider butchered item list.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with pushing items onto cave bridges as well as pushing items out of doors which had bridges above.
- Bugfix: Cooked meat has been removed from the list of valid mission items.
- Bugfix: Wells and fountains should auto-fill again if they are on a water source tile.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with destroying house walls on underground buildings even though you were the owner.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with building permissions when trying to move items into a planted bins.
- Bugfix: In Game wiki links have been fixed.
- Bugfix: Reduced fuel usage runes now work as intended.
- Bugfix: Fixed rune power loss with item use.
- Bugfix: Enchanted arrows will no longer go into bulk bins.
- Bugfix: Removed epic structures from the Create Items mission lists.
- 4.0 Client: Fixed the issue with hitched creature placement.
- 4.0 Client: Fixed the issue with disappearing embarked players.
- 4.0 Client: Adjusted the brightness on building doors.
170720 Patch Notes 20/JUL/17
Changes and additions
- Added the name of the Capital City of the Alliance in the Village Info screen.
- Secured/Planted forges and ovens will no longer take decay ticks on deed.
- Removed the taming difficulty modifier on Black light kingdom players.
- Epic structure changes on freedom.
- Deeds can now be placed and resized over Epic structures.
- Epic structures no longer require a mission to create them.
- Missions have a chance of generating at any off deed Epic structure.
- Ritual missions will pick a random structure type before picking a random structure of that type.
- Epic structures now report helpers and percentages correctly.
- Bugfix: Metallic liquid will require and use up only the base weight of the liquid when imbuing.
- Bugfix: Changed the description of metallic liquid as it can be used on other things, not only weapons.
- Bugfix: Increased tower guard pathing range, addressing instances in which tower guards did not respond when called in range.
Creature movement changes
- Disabled champions fleeing on all servers.
- Reverted a change that made bred seals constantly flee on all servers.
- The game clients have been updated and should now work correctly with the latest java version 8u141
- This update also includes a change to how the memory management system works, and should reduce “stuttering” when running the client for an extended period.
Unstable client changes:
- The memory limitation has been swapped to a dynamic memory usage system, which will allocate RAM depending on the available amount system-wide. Systems with larger amounts of memory will see an increase in the amount that Wurm takes up, but will scale down if it does not require it.
- Bugfix: Corrected issues in which cave dwelling walls did not render
- Bugfix: Butterflies and fish will no longer glow at night
- Bugfix: Removed the swimming sound when embarking a boat from water.
170720 Client update to address Java issues
The game clients have been updated and should now work correctly with the latest java version 8u141 This update also includes a change to how the memory management system works, and should reduce “stuttering” when running the client for an extended period. The unstable client also carries the following changes: The memory limitation has been swapped to a dynamic memory usage system, which will allocate RAM depending on the available amount system-wide. Systems with larger amounts of memory will see an increase in the amount that Wurm takes up, but will scale down if it does not require it.
- Bugfix: Corrected issues in which cave dwelling walls did not render
- Bugfix: Butterflies and fish will no longer glow at night
- Bugfix: Removed the swimming sound when embarking a boat from water.
170706 Patch Notes 06/JUL/17
- Wurmian dendrologists have noted that the girth of Olive and Chestnut trees has diminished. (olive and chestnut tree trunks are now thinner by 60%)
- Cave entrances can now be reinforced, prepared, and paved like other cave floors.
- Priests that can dig without going faithless can now dredge.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where keys ended up in a bugged state if they were inside a bank or mailbox when the lock was destroyed. Now the keys should be destroyed as well.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that caused cave ceilings to examine as floors and requirement remove reinforcement permissions when above a reinforced floor.
- Bugfix: Fix for some underground bridges causing errors resulting in players rubberbanding as they travel across the bridge.
- Bugfix: Hota should no longer break if there is a server restart during an active event – remaining pillars should spawn seconds before the shutdown.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue causing decayed organic material from being stuck in a your bank taking up a slot until server restart.
- Bugfix: Metallic Liquid will now come in a potion bottle when looted and will actually work when ‘smeared’ onto an item.
- The imbue will start with 100 power, no matter what your actual skill is as long as the action succeeds.
- Protect against items “cracking” 5 times, lose 20 power from the imbue every time it “forms cracks”
- Protect against a single shatter. As long as the power of the imbue even exist listed on the item, it will be protected.
- You can NOT smear another potion to “refill” the lost power, effect must be gone.
- 4.0 Client fix: Straightened out reinforced walls next to veins with cave detail set to high.
- 4.0 Client fix: Wild hive message on screen should now appear again if you do not have it hidden in settings.
- 4.0 Client fix: Rangefinder numbers are again visible when using a spyglass.
- 4.0 Client fix: Corona position (glow) for some items was fixed from hovering above to a center position.
- 4.0 Client fix: Fixed orientation issues of embarked players.
- 4.0 Client fix: There should be no more ‘lightning’ flashes on animals, people and items.
- 4.0 Client new: Added a post-process tab in client settings to to add or remove some effects.
- FXAA (antialiasing)
- Bugfix: Changed the orientation of pavement on bridges to match terrain paving.
- Bugfix: Fixed the bumpy cave floor pavement as seen with cave detail set to high.
- Deed planner exporter changes:
- New wall/fence types and bushes as well as floors are now exported properly
- Deed borders are exported as DeedPlanner border
- If deed is coastal, all height values on map will be accurate. Otherwise, lowest point on plan will have height 5 when imported into the DeedPlanner
170622 Patch Notes 22/JUN/17
- Can use keybinds FLATTEN or LEVEL on tile borders resulting in the raising or lowering of the tile border.
- Less random slopes when mining forward, depending on skill level.
- skill less than 50, +-3 (current)
- skill = 50, variance is +-2
- skill = 70, variance is +-1
- skill = 90+ no variance
- Tile corners are now available on bridges.
- Champion changes
- Kingdoms will no longer require the player god to favour them in order to ascend a champion
- Each kingdom may have one champion per god, with a maximum of three champions
- Courier and dark messenger no longer have cooldowns
- Genesis now has a cooldown of 30 seconds
- Bugfix: Creatures without bodies should play a proper death animation before being deleted.
- Bugfix: Strange devices courier casts can now be improved while in the correct spirits domain
- Bugfix: Fixed the bug that caused the pave option to show on packed dirt with floor boards, resulting in a gravel tile.
170617 HOTFIX 17/JUN/17
- Bugfix: The issue causing underground fence gates and doors to lose locks has been identified and fixed. All underground houses and fence gates that were locked prior to yesterdays update will again be locked, but permissions will need to be recreated. Unfortunately to address this bug all new underground houses and fence built since yesterdays update will lose their locks. PLEASE ensure to re-lock any doors or fences built underground in the past day.
- Bugfix: Bridges can now be properly built from underground dwellings (addressing walls too weak message).
- Bugfix: Reinforced walls now have flat visual on high cave detail
170616 Patch Notes 16/JUN/17
- Bridges can now be planned and built inside caves.
- Pottery, slate, sandstone, rendered and rounded stone bridges can now be built.
- Minimum height from water level has been reduced to 1 dirt above water.
- You can now pave bridges to match your roads by preparing them with mortar then paving them as you would a normal surface tile.
- This does not apply to rope or wooden bridges
Other changes and additions:
- The weight of an almanac has been reduced to .25 weight empty
- Cooking times have been tweaked so that they are a bit faster than the previous patch. Lag will be monitored with this setting.
- When shearing sheep, the wool will now go directly into inventory instead of on the ground.
- Spawn of Uttacha will now have more unique combat features on the Epic cluster.
- New combat log will colour code messages according to your relationship with the subjects.
- The colours may be set by using the text colour options in the client settings.
- (Unstable)New player texture compression has been added to improve performance in large gatherings.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue with not being able to improve metal mine doors when lump quality and skill should have allowed improvement.
- Bugfix: You can now dig near pavement without having to remove and replace it again.
- Bugfix: Restricted prospecting on reinforced floors.
- Bugfix: You should no longer be able to surface mine next to bridge entrances/exits.
- Bugfix: Contents from decayed Easter Eggs will have the same last owner as the egg itself.
- Bugfix: Disembarking on a bridge should no longer make you stuck.
- Bugfix: Erupt ability should again work on sandstone and other veins.
170608 Patch Notes 8/JUN/17
- Clearing crops that have turned to weeds will now return one seed.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for the ‘stuck’ mine issues and invisible items.
- Bugfix: Blessed lamps should stop consuming fuel when planted on the new pavement types in mines.
170601 Patch Notes 1/JUN/17
DNS issue compensation. This week we encountered some issues when our name server hosts migrated to a different platform. As some were unable to connect during this time we will be extending premium time on all existing premium accounts by 3 days to thank you all for your patience.
We will also be adding 5 hours sleep bonus to every account, up to a maximum of 10 hours. Sleeping in a bed, or doing anything that calculates sleep bonus will not reset this to 5 hours.
- Increased chance for reed and kelp tiles and reduced chance of grass overtaking a tile next to tundra.
- Map annotation limits have been raised to 100 for village and 150 for alliance.
- Harvest seasons which were changed in the last update may still be harvestable during their old season until that is finished and will then follow the changed season harvest.
- In an effort to reduce some server lag recipe and cooking polling has been slowed. You may notice that when cooking, all meals may not be ready at the same time.
- Grape and Rose trellises can now be crafted with their respective sprouts.
- Bugfix: Camera freezing issues (commonly known as the embark bug) when embarking a vehicle or mount after reconnecting have been addressed.
- Bugfix: Spells can again be cast on open helms.
- Bugfix: Certain bugged sandwiches should now work correctly.
- Bugfix: Trellises should now show an almost ripe message when examined and the time is right.
- Bugfix: Cave-in fix so that rock should not change to rock salt or sandstone.
- Bugfix: Trellises can now have sprouts and seedlings picked when available and can also be pruned.
170512 Patch Notes 12/MAY/17
- Material quantity and weight for floor boards has been reduced.
- Floorboards will also have their weight and volume adjusted
- Added the /almanac command to the /help list.
- Added a method of removing the mortar from a prepared reinforced floor with a stone chisel.
- Studying a harvestable tree, bush, or trellis now requires the harvest permission on deed.
- Bugfix: Fix for removing reinforcements from cave floors.
- Bugfix: The /almanac command will now work even if the almanac is in a group or in a container in your inventory.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue with paving floorboards over marsh
- Bugfix: Mortar will consume 2kg when preparing a reinforced floor for paving instead of consuming the entire combined lump.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented mine_forward on veins on deed without add/remove reinforcement permission.
- Bugfix: Corrected text when moving an object to center.
- Bugfix: Corrected some issues with kingdom specific help on Epic servers.
170518 Patch Notes 18/MAY/17
- The Almanac!
- Crafted with sheet of paper and string + 2 leather strips, the almanac will hold reports you create about the nature of the tree, bush or trellis and estimate the harvest times.
- Reports are created by studying a harvestable tree, bush or trellis during its harvest season.
- You then can write down the record using a reed pen with ink or dye on paper.
- Forestry skill will determine how much information is collected.
- Resulting quality of the report will determine how far in the future you can see harvest times.
- These reports may then be stored inside the almanac.
- The almanac can then be used to check on harvest times and read up on information about the reports they have stored inside.
- The command /almanac will tell you what is in season as long as you have the applicable reports.
- Tweaked distance for crowded message when using siege weapons. Shouldn’t be able to use 3 rams on a single wall anymore.
- Increased skill gain from using catapults.
- Tweaked damage output from catapults upwards, should be a bit harder to hit the 20 damage cap at 10 winches now.
- Damage from catas/trebs over the 20 damage cap that is currently ignored will now increase the splash radius, and deal a small amount of the extra damage (the ignored damage over 20) to things in that increased radius.
Cooking affinity adjustments An option to fix players missing certain available cooking affinities has been added to your character profile.
- This is a ONE TIME TOGGLE which will switch your character to the new affinity system.
- The new affinity calculation will not take rarity of cooker into account for determining affinity
- This will recalculate affinities gained from existing meals as well as all future meals.
New characters created after this update will automatically be on the new system. Repairing changes
- Changes to fence, floor and wall repairing and improving.
- Base timer for repairing and improving these is now 4-8 seconds, depending on your repair or building skill.
- This applies to all building material types.
- Timer is doubled if there is an enemy presence nearby.
- Damage repaired per action is now between 5 and 10 damage, depending on repairing skill and the quality of the item you’re using to repair.
- Clad reinforced cave walls introduced, created by activating a trowel and building on a reinforced wall.
- Pottery brick
- Sandstone brick
- Slate brick.
- Rounded stone.
- Marble brick.
- Plain brick.
- Wooden clad (uses mallet or hammer).
- Paved reinforced cave floors introduced.
- Created by preparing a reinforced cave floor with mortar and then applying paving.
Epic CA Help changes
- Epic now has 3 global CA help grouped by kingdoms; JK help, MR help, HotS help.
- These Channels are visible globally by all members of the kingdom.
Harvest time changes
- Harvest times have been adjusted slightly.
- Olives: Starfall of Fires, Week 1
- Lemon: Starfall of Ravens, Week 2
- Orange: Starfall of Ravens,Week 4
- Walnut: Starfall of Dancers, Week 1
- Raspberry: Starfall of Dancers, Week 1
- Blueberry: Starfall of Shark, Week 3
- Lingonberry: Starfall of Dancers, Week 3
- Harvest times will still vary slightly to the actual starting week
- Olives have been reduced to once season now that multiple olives can be harvested.
Other changes and introductions
- New transmutation liquids have been added to change moss to tundra and tundra to dirt.
- Copper and Orange juice transmutes moss to tundra.
- Iron and Raspberry juice transmutes tundra to dirt (tundra will still disappear when packed and dug).
- 3 new fruit bushes have been added – blueberry, raspberry and lingonberry.
- Blueberry and raspberry sprouts can be found by foraging so that you can plant your own bushes.
- Lingonberry bushes will spawn on tundra and will not have sprouts for planting.
- All three berries can still be found via foraging.
- Skillgain for anything that produces liquid has been scaled by the amount of liquid created.
- Tundra will now spread faster and more often.
- Metal sheets in the crafting window now properly reference the material they are from in crafting recipes.
- Decorative pillars can now be built inside buildings.
- Path of Insanity Random Teleport menu option now has a confirm to help prevent erroneous clicks.
- Move to Center has been added to the move items menu.
- Weight of paper has been reduced from 0.50 to 0.01.
- Trellis ages have now been added.
- Currently despite having sprouts they cannot be picked or pruned.
- Tile borders and corners now show in caves
- This allows the building of fences and gates on deed only
- Higher fences may require mining the roof higher to provide sufficient clearance.
- Bugfix: Fixed examine description for slate slabs.
- Bugfix: Fixed examine description for sandstone shards.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where loadable items which were planted/secured off deed could still be loaded.
- Bugfix: Tarring a corner tile floorboard should no longer change the tile to a full tile floorboard.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which prevented fences from being built on the south and east sides of buildings with the new arched walls.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which gave masonry skill for building wooden fences.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where you were not disembarked from animals which could only be ridden when tamed when they became untamed.
- Bugfix: You are again able to use rename on chairs.
- Bugfix: Battering Ram now checks destroy fences permission when being used to destroy fences instead of destroy buildings permission.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the level command would dig a dirt instead of reporting that you needed dirt in your inventory to fill the corners.
- Bugfix: You can now use a mallet/pliers to add or remove trim from underground plain stone walls.
- Bugfix: Build option was removed when right clicking on complete walls with a mallet activated.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused replaced locks to become bugged and not reusable.
- Bugfix: The snake and the woman HotA statue is now available.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused single use spell runes to not work properly
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where decorative pillars never decayed off deed.
- Bugfix: Fixed the double nature menu on mycelium tiles.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing some gates in underground structures from opening properly.
- Bugfix: Rock salt can now be analysed.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where vehicle passengers entering a cave could not distinguish veins and reinforcements from regular cave walls.
- Bugfix: Fixed the issue where some passenger seats of some boats could not access the hold because of distance.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue preventing dragging items through arched walls.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few problems related to underground error messages when performing tasks if a bridge was above ground on those tiles.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which sometimes caused an error message when improving items in carts.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused you to log in on a vehicle as a commander even though you logged out as passenger.
- Bugfix: Tackled more spelling and text errors.
- Bugfix: Levelling with a dredge should now give an error when the dredge is full.
- New players (under 15 farming) will be able to see the state of growth of the farm field they are currently on, range will increase as usual as skill goes up.
- Added borders and tile corners to caves.
- House floors now have tile corners.
- Keybind for MOVE_CENTER added in settings (Move to center under keybindings – Items)
- (4.0 Client) Dyes have been tweaked closer to current stable look.
- Bugfix: (4.0 client) Fixed an issue on flooring tile borders which did not allow you to select the item on that border.
- Bugfix: (4.0 client) Fixed tunneling animation when switching from equipped to unequipped pickaxe.
- Bugfix: (4.0 client) Fixed ghosted model images when pushing and pulling items.
170420 Patch Notes 20/APR/17
- Oleander can now be used as a herb in cooking
- Siege Weapons Bugs and Fixes Post-Live
- Fixed up the message for what buildings you hit.
- Added fail message on cata/treb.
- Lowered the damage variance for battering rams, a fail will now deal 1/5th damage instead of none.
- Capped damage given to projectiles when they land – should now be the same as whats dealt to whatever you hit.
- Fixed cata/treb projectiles not hitting fences sometimes.
- Lowered difficulty for using the battering ram – fences are also now lower difficulty than walls.
- Planned floors/walls should now be properly ignored by cata/treb.
- Rewrote how the checks worked for roofs and floors
- A projectile that clearly passes through a roof now should hit it and land there.
- The box it uses for this isn’t exact to the model, so if the projectile is going over the roof, try lowering your angle or power slightly
- landing closer to the bottom of the roof than the top of it will be more accurate.
- Lowered damage of archery towers and turrets
- Turrets should now be able to fire from the top of a house or bridge
- Archery towers now have a damage falloff, the further they fire, the less damage will be dealt
- Gates and doors that both players can move through will no longer block attacks
- Bugfix: Corrected text when prospecting sandstone veins
- Bugfix: Sandstone slab floors can now be built
170413 Patch Notes 13/APR/17
Changes and additions:
- New method for getting rid of unwanted hedges:
- Hedges can now be cut down similar to trees and bushes with a cut down action or the CUT_DOWN keybind.
- Destroying hedges on deed is tied to the “destroy fences” permission.
- Dredging additions and changes:
- You can now flatten and level with a dredge.
- You must not be embarked when using flatten or level.
- When dredging from a boat, the dirt/sand/clay will go directly into the hold if there is room. (You must have room in the dredge for this to happen).
- The spawning of Valrei mobs has changed so that they spawn spread out across the server instead of in groups of 10.
- Keybind MILK added.
- Underground housing will now be enabled on PvP servers.
- Happy Easter! Hot cross buns have been added as a recipe, you’ll have to find out how to make it yourself though!
New housing addition
- SANDSTONE INTRODUCED:
- Will act like marble or slate vein.
- Will spawn randomly out of rock tiles across the server.
- Can be created with a transmutation rod.
- NEW ITEMS:
- Sandstone bricks (Sandstone shard + chisel).
- Sandstone slabs (Sandstone shard + chisel).
- Slate bricks (Slate shard + chisel).
- Slate slabs (Slate shard + chisel).
- Round stones (Rock shard + chisel).
- CHANGED ITEMS:
- Slate slabs now are created with 88kgs of slate shards and a chisel.
- Pottery bricks now require 5kgs of clay instead of 15.
- Pottery brick floors will have new textures.
- Stone slab house floors will have new texture.
- House stone slabs will be changing to sandstone slab flooring to retain the same texture (if this is not immediate it will be addressed).
- Round cobble roads are now paved with round stones.
- Rough cobble roads are now paved with colossus bricks.
- NEW WALL TYPES:
- Left arch.
- T arch.
- Right arch.
- NEW WALL TEXTURES:
- Rendered wall – Plain stone wall + 20kgs of clay
- Sandstone wall – 20 sandstone bricks and 20 mortar.
- Pottery brick wall – 20 pottery bricks and 20 mortar.
- Slate wall – 20 slate bricks and 20 mortar.
- Rounded stone wall – 20 round stones and 20 mortar.
- marble wall – 20 marble bricks and 20 mortar.
- NEW PAVEMENT TYPES:
- Sandstone slab pavement.
- Sandstone brick pavement.
- Slate slab pavement.
- Slate brick pavement (existing slate slab pavement will become slate brick pavement).
- Marble brick pavement.
- Pottery brick pavement.
- NEW FENCE TYPES:
- Pottery brick fence.
- Pottery brick iron fence.
- Pottery brick iron fence gate.
- Sandstone fence.
- Sandstone iron fence.
- Sandstone iron fence gate.
- Marble fence.
- Marble iron fence.
- Marble iron fence gate.
- Rendered fence.
- Rendered iron fence.
- Rendered iron fence gate.
- Slate fence.
- Slate iron fence.
- Slate iron fence gate.
- Round stone fence.
- Round stone iron fence.
- Round stone iron fence gate.
Siege weapon changes:
- CATAPULTS AND TREBUCHETS:
- New algorithm now used for Catapults/Trebuchet projectiles that properly takes into account starting power, gravity and firing angle of the siege weapon:
- Starting power determined by number of winches for catapult, and loaded amount for trebuchet – power directly relates to starting velocity (so 20 winches is 20m/s).
- Arc of the projectile is checked along it for any walls, floors, bridges or fences it hits, otherwise it will travel the full arc until it hits the ground.
- Anything within a small radius of the landing position will take damage, radius depends on the size of the thrown projectile.
- Weight, quality, and final velocity of the projectile all add into how much damage it deals to the things it lands on – metal and stone projectiles do the most damage.
- Projectiles still have a maximum of 20 damage per shot.
- Added new actions to catapults and trebuchets to allow changing of the firing angle.
- Firing angle defaults to 45 degrees, can be changed to be between 5 and 85 degrees.
- Added messages when winching and changing the firing angle of a catapult or trebuchet that will give an approximate firing distance of the projectile.
- Action time for winching now takes skill into account, will be 33% faster at 100 skill.
- Projectile landing messages now give a full breakdown of everything they hit, and how many of each thing – as well as naming which structure(s) received damage.
- BATTERING RAMS ADDED:
- Minimum 21 body strength to use it.
- Uses the War Machines skill for skill checks – action time is 33% faster at 100 skill with a base timer of 30 seconds.
- Checks a short area in front of the ram for anything to hit, first thing it hits will take damage. Area should be closely lined up with the model.
- Can only be used by one person at any time, user must be quite close to be able to use it.
- Damage dealt increased by the ram quality and the skill check result.
- Ram does double damage to walls underground.
- Citizen or ally with destroy wall permissions will deal bonus damage.
- Cannot be used on steep slopes.
- ARCHERY TOWER AND MAGIC TURRET CHANGES:
- Turrets and archery towers now have increased range based on their quality – up to 5x their base range at 100ql.
- Turrets and archery towers will now shoot faster based on quality – up to 33% faster at 100ql.
- Turrets that fail to fire anything when they have a chance to will now do a firing animation without sending out a projectile.
- Changed the projectile starting positions of turrets and archery towers to line up with their models – This should allow them to fire from anywhere they have proper line of sight to a target.
- Added a 3x bonus to damage when bashing arched walls manually.
- Bug fix: Fix for negative quality rift resources as participation reward.
- Bug fix: Fix to prevent most unique creatures from spawning inside a deed.
- The green, blue, black, and white dragon types use a different spawn mechanic and may still spawn in a village.
- Bug fix: Christmas trees and snowmen were removed from the mission items lists.
- Bug fix: Fix for offline tamed/charmed pets sometimes not logging back online with their owner.
- Bug fix: Addressed a few spelling and text errors.
- Bug fix: Hot stills can now be picked up from the ground if empty.
- Bug fix: You can now properly use the /join village command even if the village which recruited you has more than one word in its name.
- Bug fix: Some recipe fixes:
- Eggnog can no longer use itself to make more eggnog.
- Sausage skins can no longer be nested inside each other.
- Bug fix: Improved checks to allow pushing items from a house floor onto a bridge and from a bridge onto a house floor.
- Bug fix: Improved bridge checks, if a bridge is destroyed or decays, planted items on that bridge should no longer give the error message ‘You need to be on the same bridge’ when interacting with them.
- Bug fix: Addressed infrequent issue in which roof and floor damage exceeded 100.
- Bug fix: Fixed dual faith issues between Chaos and Freedom PvE servers.
- Leaving Libila on Chaos and joining no other deity will now properly set you to no deity when crossing back to Freedom servers.
- Bug fix: Deity colossi can now be destroyed by owner and/or mayor on a deed.
- Deed export system is not currently configured for new pavement and house types. Will be addressed in the coming updates.
170323 Patch Notes 23/MAR/17
Changes and additions
- Dye requirement for large and small crates has been reduced to 2.50kg and 1.50kg respectively.
- Merchants who move on due to poor business (self-dismiss) will now return their goods and coins inside a backpack through the mail system instead of returning each item individually.
- Cultivate option is now present on grass, steppe and mycelium tiles.
- You will now be able to forage and botanize on mycelium tiles.
- Planter racks will no longer fit in large storage units. Plants inside planter racks currently in large storage units will no longer grow.
- God conversion changes:
- HotS template kingdoms (default and PMK) can follow Libila or any player god. All others can follow anyone except Libila.
- As per the option for PMK libila priests in 1.3, Libila priests will be able to use the /transfer option to change to a player god deity without a faith loss until the 10th of April
- Epic terraforming events have been removed from the endgame of Valrei scenarios.
- Bugfix: More text issues addressed.
- Bugfix: Changed a number of recipes that were using HFC instead of baking.
170317 Patch Notes 10/MAR/17
- Changed examine message on small egg to indicate fertility.
- Dye amounts for bulk storage bins and food storage bins has been reduced to 3kgs needed.
- Change: Removed merchant contracts from mission items list.
- Mailing costs for liquids and combined resources is now calculated at 1 copper/5kg weight.
- Bloodthirst Changes:
- Bloodthirst now properly gives 30 on a killshot.
- Changed how the power is gained on the BT weapon. Can cast on it to increase it up to 1000, increasing it to 1000 will be along the same difficulty of a normal cast to 100.
- Each cast with a power higher than the current power/10 will add that power to the cast. This will naturally cap it at around 1000, maybe a really lucky 1100ish before casting to increase is impossible.
- Power increase is now also gained when killing creatures as well as other players.
- Killing creatures will now increase the power equal to the creature’s CR. Between 5000 and 7500 power this will scale down to half the creature’s CR.
- Stun times and frequency from creature combat moves has been reduced.
- Bugfix: Removed Gift Pack from mission item list.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where rift resources were not rewarded properly based on participation over 60.
- Bugfix: Description for Red Dragon Madness achievement fixed.
- Bugfix: Felled trees should now decay on deed.
- Bugfix: Fix for client crash when managing citizens when a role name was blank.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which changed the state of cakes as candles were added – This does mean cakes can no longer be wrapped however.
- Bugfix: A few mailing issues regarding paper products were fixed. (details below)
- Returned paper/papyrus items cost changed from 1 copper to 1 iron.
- Second mailing screen text changed to reflect that paper/papyrus return costs are 1 iron.
- Inscribed paper/papyrus now shows as inscribed while in the mail (and not as just paper or papyrus.
- Bugfix: Fix for cookbook display of nameable recipes for those who already have one named for them and make another recipe which has not been named yet.
- Bugfix: Fix for artifacts not dropping properly in some situations upon logging out.
- Bugfix: Possible fix for time stopping issue in game. (Hotfixed March 5)
- Bugfix: “You cannot dig in such terrain” error should now check the correct tile. (Hotfixed March 5)
- Bugfix: Restored examine message that went missing from floorboards.
- Bugfix: Change the order of focus loss in combat logs so that it appears after damage text to prevent confusion.
- Bugfix: Citizens no longer blocked from freezing lava on deed if not part of an alliance.
- Bugfix: When improving roofs, floors and walls, material is removed from inventory at the end of the action instead of at the 5 second point.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with checks for digging skill and slopes in some situations.
- Bugfix: 100 Plate armour smithing title should now work correctly on Epic.
170224 Patch notes 24/FEB/17
- Bugfix: Gold and silver horseshoes now use Jewelry smithing for improving.
- Bugfix: Storage unit shelves will now be the same wood type as the external container (last wood type used in creation).
- Bugfix: Remove internal components of items from missions.
- Bugfix: Add to crafting window option was removed from completed cupboards and storage units.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where built-in internal components of a storage container did not reflect the rarity of the external container if the container turned rare upon improving.
- Bugfix: Planted banners and flags limit per tile increased to 4.
- Bugfix: Fix for items taking a massive decay tick when removed from a decay reduced container after a period of time.
- Bugfix: Gold rune of Fo will now correctly have a 10% chance of an extra item per harvest for Forestry and Milking actions as opposed to the 10% bonus to skill.
- Bugfix: Fixed attaching runes to boats. Manage permission is required.
- Bugfis: Corrected an issue where some skills were not using the correct Skill knowledge value for checks when non-prem, allowing them to perform skill limited actions over the 20 skill cap. If non premium all actions requiring higher skill should not be possible.
- Bugfix: Fixed the Area of Effect for a random prayer heal to the 3 x 3 area intended.
- Bugfix: Planted herbs and spices will only grow while planted on the ground or in planter racks.
170217 Patch notes 17/FEB/17
- Wide tunnel entrances
- Tunnel entrances can be up to 3 tiles wide.
- To widen a tunnel entrance, the tile you mine must only be connected to ONE open tunnel only.
- Mine doors cannot be placed on tunnel entrances that are 2 or more tiles wide.
- Alchemist Cupboard
- Created with Fine carpentry.
- Contains 10 2kg liquid containers.
- Slows decay on contents.
- Storage unit
- Created using Carpentry.
- Has 3 racks which can hold large items like fishing rods, and saddles.
- Does not slow decay.
- Unicorn Improvements
- Gold and silver horse shoes can now be created with Jewellery smithing
- Unicorns can now be equipped with saddles, bridles and gold/silver horse shoes
- Body strength of unicorns has been boosted to 30 (horses are 20 and hell horses are 35)
- This means that unicorns may also be hitched, but unhitch when no longer tame
- Bug Fixes
- Bugfix: Fix to disable teleporting if artifacts are equipped.
- Bugfix: Various grammar and spelling fixes.
- Bugfix: An issue with picking up items on deeds and within buildings with the proper settings has been fixed.
- Bugfix: Wand of the Seas will now correctly form an island when used.
- Bugfix: Lava spawned with the Wand of the Seas is no longer permanent and will turn back to rock.
170209 Patch notes 09/FEB/17
- Changed Rift rewards to be more in line with final ranking.
- Light of Fo will give a max of 15 participation points per cast, as long as it hits that many creatures to heal them.
- At the end of a Rift, if you have more than 60 participation (phenomenal), the lump you receive will be less random ql and weight, and more dependent on your participation score (with a slight amount of random on top of it).
- Also at the end of a rift, if you have more than 60 points, you’ll get an amount of rift resources scaling to your participation points (up to a max of 20 at a participation score of 360). Each of these items will be random between the three rift materials, and the ql will scale based on participation too.
- Higher participation generally will mean more rift material bits at a higher ql (though there is a slight random added to the final ql of each bit).
- Changed the resulting location of lamps planted using the corner tile.
- Lamps previously planted using the tile corners if on tile corners that bordered deed and perimeter may have actually been ‘located’ on the perimeter tile rather than the deed tile for lighting and decay. If you have lamps planted in this manner, pick up your lamp, stand on the DEED tile and replant in the corner to assure that the lamp is located on deed and not in the perimeter.
- Lamps in the past could not be planted on certain tile borders if there was a house or fence on that border as well. You can now plant and interact with lamps on tile corners even if there is a house or fence intersecting that tile corner.
- Blessed lamps will auto-light off deed when planted on pavement tiles. When planting, please be certain you are standing on the pavement tile if planting using the tile corner method.
- Feature: New behavior for off deed blessed lamps.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on pavement tiles will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on bridges will auto-light in the evening and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- Blessed lamps planted off deed on reinforced cave floor tiles will remain lit all the time and consume no fuel as long as they are fueled and lit initially.
- Base boat speeds have been tweaked upwards as a percentage of their base speed:
- Corbita: +26%
- Cog: +75%
- Knarr: +2.5%
- Caravel: +33%
- Wind bonus has remain unchanged, and speed differences will be most noticeable in little wind.
- Bug Fixes:
- Bugfix: The changes in 1.3 to multiple harvests depending on skill and age for Forestry and Milking were affected by a bug that increased skillgain per harvest exponentially per tick during one action, this has been rectified and the skillgain per tick will be the same across the whole action. This fix also affects Botanizing as that is where the original bug was.
- Bugfix: Sealed barrels properly reflect the weight of the contents while in inventory.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with sealed barrels and contents behavior.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where you would not get the nature-meditate option on the context menu if you had something activated in inventory and there was a glow rune on your rug.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented loading of items with glow runes attached.
- Bugfix: Internal components of items can no longer be loaded into war machines.
- Bugfix: Fix for not receiving normal stance fight skill.
- Bugfix: Recipe fixes for mayo not mixing with other items or leading to unknown recipes in lore.
- Bugfix: Various spelling and text errors fixed.
- Bugfix: Added a few layer and obstruction checks for interaction while above and below ground.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented clay shingles from being dragged into a kiln from a bulk container.
- Bugfix: When planting a flower in a pottery flowerpot or a marble planter, the planted pot will have the same quality/damage as the empty planter.
- Bugfix: Another fix to prevent fog spiders from spawning on deeds.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues to properly block building or continuing structures inside blocked zones.
- Bugfix: Rebalanced damage done to tools when destroying unfinished fences and building walls as well as completed fences and walls.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few cooking achievements that were not working properly and added a few new ones to be discovered.
- Bugfix: Fixed various text descriptions for recipes and ingredients.
170126 Patch notes 26/JAN/17
- Changes and Features:
- Lootable Rift creature recipes will now go directly into the inventory of a participant rather than drop on the corpse of the creature.
- The deity transfers for Nahjo and Libila PMKs offered with the 1.3 patch will end on February 1. /transfer will be disabled and GMs will no longer accept in game requests for transfers.
- Show Village Plan via the settlement token will mark perimeter and underwater tiles differently to village tiles to allow mayors to identify the village borders easier.
- Bug Fixes
- Bugfix: Completed barrel racks will no longer have the add to crafting window option in the right click menu.
- Bugfix: Removed rarity from milking.
- Bugfix: A player will no longer get stung by bees when boarding a vehicle containing an active hive, even if they do not have a lit smoker. However, a commander will still get stung as bees do not take kindly to being relocated.
- Bugfix: Fillets of fish will no longer lose weight after being placed in bulk containers.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with marking and writing recipes.
- Bugfix: Beehives will no longer be productive in mines, nor can they be pushed underground.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue with a few ‘pasta’ recipes.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where fireworks were not giving the proper number for ‘uses left’.
- Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with bee hives and smoker mechanics.
- Dormant hives will only sting if you try to load or unload them without a lit bee smoker.
- Dormant hives may be opened without the use of a lit bee smoker.
- Active Domestic hives will now sting regardless if they are locked or not without a lit bee smoker.
- Bugfix: Fixed so that wild hives on deed abide by deed permissions for removing both honey and wax.
- Bugfix: Fixed triggers for a few achievements which were not working properly.
- Bugfix: You can no longer milk using sealed containers.
- Bugfix: Fix for wild hives not being removed in winter and thereby reappearing in the same place the following spring.
- Bugfix: Fix for capitalization issues with missions.
- Bugfix: Honey inside a domestic hive will properly average after the hive has been improved.
- Bugfix: Fix for single queens in domestic hives migrating to other domestic hives – no matter what quality.
- Bugfix: Due to the large size of some vegetables and the inability to squish them and other ingredients into pottery jars, you may also try pottery bowls for some of those recipes.
- Bugfix: Removed certain creatures from kill missions and adjusted kill quantities of other creatures.
- Bugfix: Corrected an issue with mission respawning on Freedom when missions are completed or failed. This should resolve the issue, but we will continue to monitor for any missing missions.
- Bugfix: Fix for a few items not taking decay on deed when they should. This includes:
- Animals on a spit
- Christmas trees
- Bugfix: Removed additional means of teleporting with artifacts in inventory.
- Bugfix: Removed mission ruler and added a title for the Won the Game achievement.
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where the taste option on food would not appear if nothing was activated.
- Bugfix: Fix for vinegar recipes not properly being added to the cookbook in some instances.
- Bugfix: Removed goat cheese from any recipes that used it as an ingredient as it was too rare (from easter eggs).
- Bugfix: Fixed an issue where newly discovered named recipes were not updating some cookbooks.
- Bugfix: You can no longer unload internal cargo from loaded vehicles as it resulted in ghosted containers taking up space.
- Bugfix: Resource gathering rune now works correctly with surface mining.
- Bugfix: Fixes for a few text and spelling errors.
- Bugfix: Fighting in defensive stance will no longer give occasional aggressive fighting ticks.
- Bugfix: When planting an herb or spice in a pottery planter, the planted pot will have the quality/damage as the empty planter.
- Bugfix: Fix to prevent rank gain from all mission types, battlecamp conquering, and HotA pillar conquering. Guard tower conquering now gives 1 rank, the rest trigger rank decay prevention.
- Bugfix: Flags should no longer take damage while in inventory or on merchants.
- Bugfix: You will no longer be able to plan a bridge which spans perimeter tiles unless you have village permissions to do so.
- Bugfix: Addressed an issue with the timer and messaging for conquering battle camps.
- Bugfix: Changed the way a number of recipes were updated and sent to the client.
- Bugfix: Recipe fixes for the distilled liquors so that they are correctly recorded in the cookbook.
- This means that some existing recipes will need to be deleted from cookbooks due to bad recipe data, the recipes affected are the fruit and berry gins and brandies.
- Bugfix: Planter racks were intended to hold 30 planters so the size has been reduced as was intended.
- If your rack currently has more than 30 planters, if you remove one it will not go back in and when you plant in one, it will fall to the ground.
- Bugfix: Fixed a number of cooking recipe and ingredient issues:
- Creams and butter have their milk type in names.
- Split fruit juices into individual recipes.
- Corrected some unnecessary specifications of raw ingredients.
- Removed some optional ingredients from recipes, as they were unable to be used.