Wurm Server Release Notes 2010
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2010
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm server release notes as shown in the news section of the Wurm client. The section headings are the date the server was updated; YYMMDD.
Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- 1 101225 Creature bugfix
- 2 101222 MCANDHNY
- 3 101214 Change to faith gain
- 4 101208 Servers communicating
- 5 101130 New payment options
- 6 101125 Skill display bug and team restructuring
- 7 101123 New Tutorial! Freedom server opens!
- 8 101112 White Light mysteriously moved
- 9 101109 Various Improvements for newbies
- 10 101101 Minor exploitabilities fixed
- 11 101028 Working on the Epic server
- 12 101022 Tweet tweaks
- 13 101021 Twittering servers
- 14 101018 Kingdom proximity changes
- 15 101015 Lockpicking and kingdoms
- 16 100930 Balancing the economy
- 17 100928 Free transfers between wild and freedom
- 18 100927 More timer tweaks
- 19 100924 Embarking changed
- 20 100920 Decayed skills returned
- 21 100918 Changes to weapon damage
- 22 100917 Defensive mode buff
- 23 100916 Some positive tweaks
- 24 100914 Post-Summer update
- 25 100903 Archery change
- 26 100827 Returning damage bugfix
- 27 100824 Champions change
- 28 100805 Unfounded rumours of an exploit
- 29 100729 Minor vacation bugfixes
- 30 100706 Improved mobile offers
- 31 100703 Mobile Payments!
- 32 100702 Ingame bank issue
- 33 100701 Non-square deeds
- 34 100621 More destructibles
- 35 100616 Poison and wine
- 36 100610 Movement and spell changes
- 37 100603 Easier to head to the wild server from freedom
- 38 100601 Caution!
- 39 100528 Agg creatures on deed, movement, catapults
- 40 100519 Main Issues update
- 41 100505 Carts fix
- 42 100503 Wurm voted Top 20 ever!
- 43 100418 Crash bugfix
- 44 100407 A few combat related changes
- 45 100331 Various economic changes
- 46 100324 Materials starting to be sorted
- 47 100317 Client RC 2.7.0
- 48 100312 Wood types displayed
- 49 100303 Some data loss on the Golden Valley server
- 50 100226 Religious symbols changed
- 51 100224 Teams, ranged cover and spell tweaks
- 52 100219 Boat bug and path change
- 53 100215 Trader rewrite
- 54 100211 Upkeep price changes
- 55 100210 New deed system!
- 56 100205 Use them new bulk containers!
- 57 100204 New bins fixed
- 58 100203 Better bulk containers
- 59 100201 Bulk containers should be emptied
- 60 100129 Refunds and fighting
- 61 100126 Upcoming deed changes
- 62 100125 Spell power changes
- 63 100123 Bug with life stealing restart
- 64 100122 Some priest limitations lifted
- 65 100118 Rite of Spring popular tweak
- 66 100116 Some item decay was too low
- 67 100104 New decade
101225 Creature bugfix
- The bug that made creatures hard to interact with using an item has been fixed.
- Meditating now gives a message when you have reached the 3 hour limit.
- Metal shields now give a bonus to bashing compared to wooden shields.
- Branding now properly requires a branding iron.
- A cheerful and Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year!
- The unstable client is needed to fully enjoy this years christmas gift. Download it at http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp
- The last person who led or unhitched a creature should now always be able to start leading again until the next restart.
- You may also try out the new branding irons, which should enable premium citizens to brand their creatures on deed. Subject to change but works for now.
- A bug with area effects such as fire pillar has been fixed so they now make affected areas a lot more dangerous. Visible in unstable and will receive improvements over time.
101214 Change to faith gain
- You now gain 0.2 faith if you have 10 premium followers who are affected by your sermon instead of 1. If you have more than 5 premium followers who are affected, your prayers per day is reset to 0. A follower is affected when he/she is eligible to receive an alignment update. The reason for the change is that we want priests to hold sermons but a lot of people considered it overpowered compared to praying at an altar.
- You will now botanize cotton instead of cotton seeds.
101208 Servers communicating
- The servers now communicate some more information, notable in for instance the /who command where you now will see how many players are in the whole game.
- Portals now will stop you from entering if the server on the other end is full or in maintenance mode. You will also receive better messages.
- These improvements caused some downtime today because the new code made the servers spam eachother with connections:) The effect appeared after a while but wasn't noticed on the test machines.
101130 New payment options
- We have implemented Super Rewards in our web shop at store.wurmonline.com! A lot of improved payment options for purchasing silver coins including Wallie card and more mobile phone offers!
- The somewhat annoying stamina regen delay targeted at a climbing exploit was better targetted and removed from normal actions.
101125 Skill display bug and team restructuring
- The bug where skill values jumped up and down in a weird way was fixed.
- The former Player Assistants and Chat Moderators are now merged into one role - Community Assistant (CA).
- The Player Assistant window has been replaced by a Community Assistant window and will be available on Freedom as well.
- The old and obsolete command /pa has been replaced by the brand new command /ca
- Some CA's still may not mute and the situation will be sorted out over time.
101123 New Tutorial! Freedom server opens!
- The Freedom server has been opened for non-paying players! We think that it is best for the game if new players can play with the more experienced ones to learn the game and see the possibilities, and we have been taking a lot of precautions in order for this to work.
- One of those precautions has been the creation of a new tutorial that will serve to guide new players and teach them the game in a good way.
- The tutorial has been created by our sharpest minds:
- Enki lead the work and has done most of the scripting together with the ingenious Manny and Spellcast.
- Poseidon helped out massively with the island creation which is very befitting a sea god.
- MrBloodworth created all those funny images and came with a lot of suggestions and ideas for a better user experience.
- Wollschaf has coded client support like the mission button and has like MrBloodworth "been coming up with and adding new features and ideas left and right".
- Almost the whole PA team has been involved in suggestions, testing and feedback.
- Thanks to Epona for scouting and preparing the landing zone on Freedom.
- This is a huge step in making the game a lot more accessible and attractive to more people and on behalf of the Wurm community I want to thank all of you involved for giving the game a bright(er) future!
101112 White Light mysteriously moved
- The Altar of Three has moved on the wild server and is now located more in the center. Spirits whisper about some kind of deal where Magranon made a secret promise to Fo and Vynora in order for this to happen. (The previous placement was grossly unfair to the Mol-Rehan. Look at the maps at http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=43341.15 . MR start was supposed to be up northwest but no suitable place was found back then and I didn't understand how skewed the WL placement became)
- The crude pickaxe should now work.
101109 Various Improvements for newbies
- Minimum crop yield is now 2
- Foodstuff that can be put in storage bins should now be possible to put on traders and merchants
- Skillgains are always updated to give better feedback on progress
- Butchering should more often yield meat
- A bug with unhitching that made the creature immobile or irresponsive was found and overkilled
- When you have lost all items you may now rummage through rock tiles and find some basic iron ore and rocks to create 'crude' tools. *These tools will have very low quality but may get you going. Forage for a branch that can be used to create a crude pickaxe for instance. Also you can create low quality fires from wood scraps and kindling. Note: It will take a day or so for these items to appear on the map.
101101 Minor exploitabilities fixed
- You will now block try to with your shield if you're in very close combat.
- The poison status should work better in the effects window.
- You now can't start riding animals while climbing because of exploitability.
- There is now a small delay before you can start dragging after you've stopped dragging because of exploitability.
101028 Working on the Epic server
- Currently most work is directed into getting the Epic code in place. Progress is good and hopefully we can start testing it in a week or two.
- This recent update contained a few bug fixes with kingdom status and some other minor issues.
- Drain health casting time was increased on the thursday then reset on friday but a 10 second cooldown was added instead. You are not supposed to cast the spell several times in ten seconds but with the lower casting time you should usually manage to cast it. The reasons for these changes are that like cure light wounds it was overpowered.
101022 Tweet tweaks
- Villages no longer auto-tweet chat. There is a checkbox in the twitter configuration window that toggles this. You can also use the command /tweet to tweet to the village twitter regardless of that setting.
- Cure serious has 2 seconds longer casting time in order to balance it versus cure light
101021 Twittering servers
- The servers now support twitter, so as soon as we've verified that it works properly we'll provide links for the twitter feeds with server-wide events.
- You will also be able to set up twitter feeds for your village! You will find some information at the token if you are allowed to manage settlement settings. Also a bit more detailed information at http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=42268.0
- Cure Light is not supposed to be easily castable in combat, so casting time was increased to 10 seconds.
101018 Kingdom proximity changes
- Enemies spawning on the surface of a deed are now moved outside to random location, but not if they are below ground so prisons still work pretty well.
- Towers have 60 tiles kingdom influence to allow for chaining close to enemy kingdoms.
- You may now build towers and found settlements minimum 150 tiles from another kingdom, unless you are within your own kingdom in which case that figure is 60 tiles. Minimum distance between own towers is still 50 tiles.
- Vehicle management now works again.
- The dysfunct pile item naming change was reverted.
101015 Lockpicking and kingdoms
- Potions were toned down in availability, power and duration
- Kingdom influence now exists only within village perimeters and 50 tiles out from towers. In order to found a new settlement you should need to be within 50 tiles of your kingdom.
- You should now be able to plant towers pretty much anywhere except within 50 tiles of another tower or hostile kingdom.
- Lockpicking has been changed and should work better. You should gain pretty good skill if there are guards closeby that may object to your lockpicking. Followers of Libila gain 15% bonus to thievery skillgains.
- Kings may now form alliances with other kingdoms.
- The bug where you got healed on login was fixed.
- Creature movement was changed a bit so they should spread out better.
100930 Balancing the economy
- Due to a bug a few weeks ago where creatures behaved like traders, the money pot (often referred to as the King) was depleted and ended up in the negatives. This has been balanced and the King now has a surplus of funds to share with his traders again.
100928 Free transfers between wild and freedom
- The silver cost to travel between wild and freedom has been removed. You will still lose some fighting and archery skill, and any items in your inventory or on your body will stay when you leave the server. They will return to your inventory when you return though. You can only change kingdom 4 times on wild. All kingdom convert counters have been reset.
- Wood, cloth and other items that burn will now be destroyed in fires.
- A bug where Wind Of Ages did not work properly during creation was fixed.
100927 More timer tweaks
- The mining timer was tweaked a bit more to better accomodate for skillgain at higher levels.
- Heating timers were reduced so things like cooking and smelting are faster.
- Make sure to remove items like wood and cloth from your ovens and forges until next update since they will start burning again.
100924 Embarking changed
- Since wednesday, embarking vehicles no longer cause the world to reload as long as you are on the same tile as you'll end up on. A few bugs with this functionality has also been fixed these last few days including drifting when disembarking on a tile close to the boat.
- The mining timer was shortened, especially for low skills. Skillgain shouldn't be much affected since it counts by the second.
- Creating healing covers also take less time.
100920 Decayed skills returned
- Since skill decay was removed we decided that it was fair to let old players who quit because of it the opportunity to return with their decayed skills restored. Enjoy!
- Corpse creation using suicide was put to the limit yesterday so it had to be toned down a bit. You can now only suicide a few times and corpses will not always be created.
- Some of the deeds that were disbanded due to a bug this weekend were restored. A few problems may remain but we'll do our best to sort them out.
100918 Changes to weapon damage
- Weapon damage now uses a rounder "Curve" formula, which pretty much puts quality level 70 at 90% of max damage. After that the curve flattens out towards 100% at ql 100. It also boosts low ql weapons. The formula and a nice graph can be found in the forums. Thanks Othob!
- Weapon damage overall was lowered a bit. Note that neither of these changes have been applied to archery where damage still is linear with quality level.
- The change to very light wounds was reverted for now since the way it was implemented benefited Champions too much.
100917 Defensive mode buff
- Defensive mode now ignores the defense movement penalty applied when running around
- Very light wounds no longer give movement or skill penalties
- Some issues with referrals and the free premium silver were sorted out
- Referrals now give 1 hour sleep bonus plus either 20 days premium or 3 silver
- Iron fences are now stronger
- The village decay modifier now gives a small bonus to item crafting instead
- The "70 rule" weapon damage we tried during the night was removed
100916 Some positive tweaks
- Skill decay was removed on all servers
- New premium players receive 2 silver in their bank account
- Referrals now give 3 silver or 1 month premium instead
- Aggressive fighting now increased max damage from 125 to 133%
- Items now use a new "70 rule" where they deal 95% of their base damage at quality level 70. The next 30 quality levels increases damage linearly towards 100%.
- Lowered damage received on weapons, armour and shields so they will not need to be repaired as much
- Improving item quality will now be similar in speed to arrows for weapons, armour and shields
100914 Post-Summer update
- Optimized creature handling code. This reduces CPU usage in areas with a lot of unmoving creatures by about 20%.
- Improved tree rendering performance. This should help on older graphics cards, multi-clienting, or at high wurm Window / screen resolutions.
- Changed coloring system. Dyed objects retain more of their original texture. Painting transparent objects now works.
- Crop, grass and steppe texture layout changed to get rid of the floating lines.
- Bugfix: Large ships no longer rotating needlessly when embarking as passenger.
- Distant sounds should not be as loud as they were before.
- Horses, ships and large carts now rotate smoothly when you ride/steer them.
- The position for the commander / rider is now fixed. No more wobbling around on horses and boats!
- Client does not play ambient grass environment sounds that often.
- Bugfix: Footsteps not audible from huge distances anymore.
- Bugfix: Footsteps from other players now use the tile type they are standing on.
- Bugfix: Clicking on PA players in the PA channel user list now generates right /tell command.
- Fight window icons displayed at icon size to improve sharpness.
- Added support for separate small fight window icons.
- Fight window layout modified to accommodate bigger distance meter.
- Fight window button for the active fighting mode stays visible with some transparency
- Sound: Doppler effect now works. This shouldn't affect everyday situations.
- Maximum hearing distance of footsteps emitted by other players and creatures increased a bit.
- Some other optimizations to reduce CPU load.
- Bugfix: file chooser dialog now works properly with old Java versions on Windows Vista.
- Bugfix: Water shader now works properly with compressed textures enabled.
- Added support for colored text and images in server-supplied windows (for the tutorial).
- Shields now are more properly positioned.
- The title for slaying Champions was not properly awarded.
- Mayors should now be able to dismiss merchants for long gone players.
- Failing when creating items should be less dramatic.
- Art and models:
- Banners and flags have been added. 4 kingdom flags and banners each, and a "blank" flag and banner. 10 in total.
- Added new fence models for woven and iron fences.
- New low stone wall models added. (Replaces current)
- New low stone distant images added. (Replaces current)
- Updated the crop, grass and steppe sprite to conform to client changes. (Line at the top fix)
- Updated fight icons. (By Timecatcher)
- Added small versions of fight window icons.
- Redesigned the distance gauge.
- Edited the heart icon to remove line.
- Corrected distant images for planned walls.
- Corrected palisade distant images.
- New start up screen. (Thanks “CobbleMan” for pointing it out)
- Added temporary mapping for a sea creature to use an existing model.
- Re-compressed leaf, butterfly, bird and fish images.
- Added the mappings for the decayed version of wooden fences. (Currently unused)
- Added decay texture for wooden and woven fences. (Currently unused)
- Sounds and environment:
- Updated environment (ambient) sounds (By Doughboy).
- There are now separate male and female emotes.
- Reduced volume on crickets.
- Added crafting sounds, new saw sound.
- Added trap and combat sounds.
- Added new shield bash sound along with destroy wood/stone.
- Many mobs that were once silent now are not.
- Many file formats changed to .ogg format.
- So many ambient sound and ecosystem sound changes it’s impossible to list, but Wurm is much "calmer" now.
- Added push/pull sounds.
- Added drinking and eating sounds.
- Added farming sound which also added sounds for a lot of other actions.
- Added paving sound.
- Added bandaging wound sound.
- Added fire sound. (Currently unused)
- Added the loom work sound.
- Cleaned up and modified several sounds.
- Changed twenty two sound files from stereo to mono to assist distance drop of in the sound system.
- Removed redundant applause sound and mapping.
- Corrected file name error for male "call".
100903 Archery change
- In todays update, archery changed so that long and medium bows now require a minimum range of 10 and 5 tiles respectively. Previously there was no reason to practice anything else than longbow really.
- Moru changed the registration pages so now you actually see the challenge phrase when you want to recover your password!
100827 Returning damage bugfix
- The reoccuring damage on items bug should finally be fixed now.
100824 Champions change
- Champion wounds now properly modify the related statistic such as movement rate. This means champions become more vulnerable even though they still withstand a lot more damage.
- Aura of Shared Pain wounds are less severe when fighting champions.
- As an unintended effect of these changes, damage is less severe over all. If this is bad we will increase it again.
- Subsequent hits to the same wound causing them to be poisoned will now make them properly show as poisoned.
- The bug causing item damage to return upon login is disabled.
- Traders should now properly contribute to settlement upkeep when a non-citizen purchases items.
100805 Unfounded rumours of an exploit
- There were some rumours that it was possible to create money ingame by meddling with trader demands by selling and buying at minimum or maximum demand. We have investigated but failed to reproduce this.
- Enki did however manage to drain a trader by pushing his demand to bottom for example for statuettes, then buying back a high quality one then buy back low quality ones again and then repeat.
- In order to prevent such abuse, traders no longer sell items for a minimum of 2 iron coins, but instead sell for a minimum of 20% of the "get price".
- It should still be possible to purchase items at one trader and sell to another and make profit.
- It is ok to drain traders by selling items to them. If they are out of money and you manage to conjure new money from them by abusing an obvious bug in the code, you have found an exploit that creates money.
- If you are the first person to report such an exploit where you can create substantial amounts of money, you will be rewarded 2 gold coins.
100729 Minor vacation bugfixes
- Scythe skill now properly increases when you harvest crops.
- Archery will no longer give skill on creatures on the other side of fences in order to prevent penned creature grinding.
- You should no longer be able to attack hitched, led or dominated creatures on the freedom server.
- You may no longer enchant grass or trees behind fences or walls.
- Fire/Ice Pillar and Smite no longer pass through walls, preventing repair actions.
- The Hots special move "Kiss Goodnight" now has a 4 second timer instead of 2 - more in line with Mol Rehan "Bonker" which has a 5 second timer.
100706 Improved mobile offers
- Because we got so good rates from Allopass on mobile payments I could increase the amount of coins you get at low price points. Instead of 50 copper coins you now get 75 for the same price, and instead of 100 copper coins (1 silver) you now get 150 copper coins!
- The bug that crashed the client for some players during the night was fixed with a new client version.
100703 Mobile Payments!
- You may now use your mobile phone to pay for premium time or silver coins! Go to the webshop and locate an offer that is available in your country. Most countries only support one or two payment levels so you may have to look around a bit to find which one applies to you. Enjoy!
100702 Ingame bank issue
- Banks that were opened the last 2 days have lost items because the banks were not saved properly to disk. There is no easy way of locating these items but if you lost a valuable item please report it in the thread in bugs and problems in the forums at www.wurmonline.com. We need item names, which server you are playing on, quality levels and your player name.
100701 Non-square deeds
- You may now found or resize deeds with rectangular form! In order to prevent too stretched deeds one edge of the deed can not be longer than 4 times the other edge.
100621 More destructibles
- It is now possible to destroy a lot more of the items that are left standing in old settlements such as forges, coffins and furniture.
- Allowing someone into your house using village or alliance settings now lets them sleep in the bed as well.
100616 Poison and wine
- Poison now works as intended. A poison wound can now kill you over time as well as be healed by itself.
- Wine and lemonade making works again. It now uses equal amounts of ingredients and produces dishwater on failure.
- I have been debugging more rubberband situations.
100610 Movement and spell changes
- Rubberbanding when taking damage should be less.
- Minimum, unencumbered falling damage was increased.
- Venom wounds are now internal as they were supposed to be. They can only be cured naturally using potent (i.e. farmer) salves.
- Light of Fo bugfix.
- Fire/Ice pillar and Fungus spells now may remove enchanted trees and grass and turn them to sand, marsh or mycelium.
100603 Easier to head to the wild server from freedom
- Taming and dominating now is quicker. Taming skillgain speed was increased to compensate for the shorter time it takes.
- The trip to wild from freedom is now free of charge. The return trip instead has a fee of 20 silver coins.
- CAUTION! So called 'vulnerable' actions such as casting or healing may now be interrupted if you take damage. Higher body control helps you keep control of the action. The higher the damage the harder it is to keep performing the action.
- You now need 20kg of sand or dirt to change a tile.
- The reason for the lag was excessive logs that had amassed and the problem surfaced as we added more logging this weekend. These logs are now pruned, and we also add more RAM memory to the freedom server.
100528 Agg creatures on deed, movement, catapults
- You may no longer winch catapults while someone else is doing it. It is a bit of a pity but it was too unbalancing.
- There is now a flag for allowing aggressive creatures in your settlement. Guards will then ignore all aggressive creatures.
- Mass stamina now works underground.
- You will now stop dragging a raft as you pick it up.
- Movement and positioning should be more exact.
100519 Main Issues update
- Thanks to excellent bug reports and test cases by Manny and Wollschaf most annoying cave displacement and invisibility bugs could be solved
- Catapults now do more structural damage
- House walls now use the same timer as fences to repair
- Unfinished fences were used in unintended ways so they can now be removed as if they were fence plans
- Guards should no longer block destruction of mine doors for village enemies
- Lockpicking skillgain speed increased
- Traits bugfix
- You may now properly tame on deed
- Fog should be less dramatic
- You will now be able to lockpick vehicles on the pvp servers again
- You will no longer lose alignment when you've recently gained it
100505 Carts fix
- Riding carts in and out of caves should work a lot better now
- Some minor exploit fixes with finishing items in containers
- More icons were mapped and will start working when the graphics are updated
- Oakshell cast on non-players now has less effect
100503 Wurm voted Top 20 ever!
- Only a few have seen it with their own eyes - not even the developers of Wurm Online: according to certain sources this very game has been voted the top 20 PC Game ever by the readers of PC Gamer UK! The top 100 list is in the most recent issue of the magazine. That's of course fantastic news and we're really proud to even be on that list. We suggest you take a little extra time to try and figure out why if you're new to the game. Please don't be scared by our tutorial - we're making a new improved one soon.
- On non-pvp servers, building fences and houses on roads outside of settlements has been prohibited. There is also better working anti-grief code.
- Meditation skillgain was increased
- Genesis spell had a bug which kept bad traits
- Plate armour was improved. Plate smithing should be a bit easier with bigger lumps produced and less difficulty
100418 Crash bugfix
- Fixed the bug that crashed the login server a few times this weekend
- You are now properly returned to the boat when reconnecting
- Writ management was improved with sorting friends list and options for allowing allies and villagers into the house
- Fixed a bug with structures not being saved properly
- Archery now has a small height bonus/penalties to damage. Higher is better.
- A reputation bug with catapulting enemy villages was fixed.
- Worm brains now create internal wounds. Hell Strength now has lower faith requirement.
100331 Various economic changes
- Settlement size and guard numbers can no longer be changed during siege
- You will now receive a larger portion of upkeep when you disband - all in excess of 5 silver. You still only receive 5 silver for the form itself though.
- Twigging no longer works as long as enemy players are in local or you are fighting. There used to be a 30 second window before you could twig.
- Personal traders will soon accept an amount of items depending on sales this month so start selling.
- You can no longer deed a tower and destroy it with citizen bonus unless you created it.
- Fixed a few bugs related to cave openings.
- Death bounce pits are gone! THANK YOU DASHIVA!
100324 Materials starting to be sorted
- As you probably have noticed we have changed certain ways materials are handled ingame. We needed to make the client aware of materials and decided to make the naming of these clientside. This has caused various issues and model discrepancies. Most of these are sorted now and the rest will be sorted pretty soon. Thank you for your patience. Note that some items will always have strange descriptions or names that were the causes of these changes.
100317 Client RC 2.7.0
- We're getting ready to update the stable client to 2.7.0. Please give the unstable client a test run to make sure there aren't any unexpected bugs. If all goes well, the client update will happen on Monday.
- More details on the forum: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=31798.0
- Citizens may now mine on reinforced cave on their deed.
- In order to see the numbers for old items in bulk bins, you now have to add or remove an item first.
100312 Wood types displayed
- As you may have noticed, the wood type name is now added to the names of new items. This caused more clutter than people wanted, so in the next update this field will be moved to the description instead.
- You now lose stealth mode when you log on.
100303 Some data loss on the Golden Valley server
- During maintenance today some database operations failed while upgrading the database.
- Most of the problems are now fixed and most important data could be restored.
- Since kingdoms on Golden Valley were lost it had to be turned into freedom. Many creatures were destroyed. The data loss should have had most effect on Golden Valley players. I think I managed to restore most of the other data. Sorry for the hassle!
100226 Religious symbols changed
- For reasons explained in the forums, the religious symbols for all religions have changed to statuettes.
- This means that if you are a priest, your new religious symbol will be a statuette of your deity made from gold or silver.
- Bug fixes with containers, friends list and casting spells on yourself.
- Exiting stealth mode no longer keeps the movement penalty after reconnecting.
100224 Teams, ranged cover and spell tweaks
- You can now form teams.
- On non-pvp servers you are no longer allowed to pick up undeeded items belonging to someone standing closeby unless you are both in the same team, citizens of the same village, or friends.
- Members will rejoin teams that have at least two members left when they return after logging off.
- Teams also have team chat.
- On pvp servers, fences and walls now (properly) use a cover value for archery and spells targetting creatures.
- The cover value affects the difficulty or makes it impossible to attack.
- Partial cover is ignored for the closest tiles, making it possible to use windows and low walls as cover while attacking yourself.
- Drain Health now has a 3 second timer, higher effect
- Fungus got higher casting cost and a cooldown timer
- Web Armour now has effect on attack speed instead of movement
- It is now possible to prune old thorn trees
- Scythes now has a larger chance to create critical wounds.
- The power of nimbleness was improved
- Smite casting time was reduced to 30 secs
- Fireheart casting time was reduced to 5 secs
- Goat Shape now requires at least a small amount of stamina to work since you shouldn't be able to climb totally exhausted.
- We will try with larger casting ranges for Fireheart and Drain Health. If this works we can increase for other spells as well.
- Cooked meat now weights 0.9 kilograms.
100219 Boat bug and path change
- A bug with winds was found which may have been the cause for the problems with sailing after a restart.
- The increased damage of path of hate was overpowered and moved to a higher level.
- Tunneling should work properly again.
- Sand, clay, woad, cochineal now fit in bulk bins.
100215 Trader rewrite
- Traders and merchants no longer leave when they do poor business. A trader that is undeeded can be deeded again instead by someone else. That trader will add to the upkeep in the settlement it is with the tax rate.
- Personal merchants will be rewritten in about a month. They will accept higher set prices the more money they make. This first month will be used to gather data on your merchants so make sure to get some business going.
- Lamps no longer show color but their light will. The lamp models will be updated soon as well. They are also created in new ways now.
- Pain rain and Tornado now affect a max number of creatures depending on the power of the cast and number of people linked.
- For settlements in excess of 10 guards, those will now not spawn until the count is very low during sieges at which time they will spawn in large bursts.
100211 Upkeep price changes
- As explained in the previous news, there is a new deed system in place for which we are very excited. There has been a few minor bugs but nothing very serious.
- The new deeds are now available for sale at the traders on the freedom server as well! Happy pioneering!
- The upkeep per tile has been more than halved down to 20 iron coins per month! Enjoy!
- The upkeep for and hiring price for guards has doubled! It was too low before. If you receive too much defenses for too little money the game goes stale because raiding is a big part of the wild server. The reduced tile upkeep costs hopefully counter this somewhat.
- Small deeds now have a minimum guard capacity of 3 guards instead of 5 for the same reason.
- The bug where converted homestead mayors could not invite has been fixed.
- There is no longer a requirement to hire at least one guard on freedom servers for the deed rules to be enforced since that server is designed to minimize griefing possibilities. Deeds will be protected anyways. The requirement remains on wild.
- Mind Stealer was too grindable so it will give skill on kills instead. The values will have to be tweaked but may be too low now.
100210 New deed system!
- The new deed system is in place!
- The cost for deeding land has been seriously reduced. The Area of Control has been removed. You should now expand your deed instead.
- You may now found deeds closer to eachother. If you want to reserve space around your deed you may expand the perimeter of your deed.
- In the new system you hire guards one by one. All guards are heavy guards.
- You need to change your old deed items to the new item type. Just right-click the deed and select "Replace".
- The new settlement forms will be available at traders on the freedom server when we have verified that replacing works allright and existing deed owners have had a chance to expand their deeds. These deeds are available on wild already because they are needed and can be attacked if misplaced. As usual you right-click the forms to get the options you need.
- Area spells such as Pain Rain and Pillar spells have changed. They no longer can be cast through walls and only have effect inside the house where they were cast.
- The bulk containers now work properly. Their decay rate is set to 5% per month.
100205 Use them new bulk containers!
- The new drag and drop bulk containers are working well, and we suggest you start using them as much as possible. There are some naming issues with cereals, dough and bread but those will be sorted out in the next update.
- The reason behind these new containers is mainly to reduce lag because of database congestion. Decay is reduced a lot inside these containers.
- A lot of the items that fit in bulk containers is actually decaying a lot too slow outside of them today because a bug makes them count deed and inside bonuses twice. These items will start decaying faster next update which is another incentive to start putting them into these containers.
100204 New bins fixed
- You can now add combined items to the bulk containers and they will keep the correct amount of weight.
- Trash bins now instadestroy damaged items within the hour. If an item is undamaged, it will receive a small amount of damage the first hour instead and be destroyed the second.
100203 Better bulk containers
- The bulk containers have been made drag and drop and you can drag directly from piles on the ground. Old bulk container items have been lost as per the previous warning about changing the way they store data.
- Trash bins have been added. They create extra-high decay.
- A new command /fsleep has been added. /fsleep - freezes or thaws the consumption of sleep bonus. May be toggled every 5 minutes. This toggle is reset every time you log off.
- You may no longer found deeds until the new deed system is in place.
100201 Bulk containers should be emptied
- The bulk containers will be changed to use drag and drop and contain various types of items. The way they store data will change in a way that can not be migrated, so they will loose the items contained during the next update. Since we are talking about low cost items this will hopefully not be a big problem but please remove the items you wish to keep. Expect the next update to come on wednesday.
- More "no target" situations were identified and removed. Note that you may not receive a warning about these in the future since you shouldn't count on loosing your target while fighting.
- Some of the new items on the traders received new prices or names.
100129 Refunds and fighting
- The mayor will now be refunded if you disband your village. The mayor receives the remaining upkeep minus one month worth of upkeep. The deed will remain in inventory and the status will be set to unused.
- You may also refund the unused deeds. Right-click the unused deed and you will receive the value of the deed in your bank account.
- Because this may swamp the economy with silver coins and we need the income from silver sales, we have added some new items at the traders that you can spend it on. When someone purchases one of these items, half of the money is returned to economy so it is good for everyone involved. More here: 
- A bug with digging was fixed
- Creatures should keep or gain fat levels at a better rate (Thanks Wollschaf)
- There has been some changes to fighting:
- You should no longer be able to "no-target" or "stop" mid fight and regain stamina.
- You are now more vulnerable when casting spells, healing or doing other things. (The range for casting will have to be looked at)
- The path of hate bonus damage multiplier has been lowered to 1.5 and doesn't stack with certain other bonuses.
- Hots now properly loose alignment when they slay a player.
- Oh there are two new items: Crops hoppers and bulk containers. These may have no proper models yet. They average the ql of bulk items added such as logs, rocks (and grain) etc. They virtually stop decay of these items but as they take decay damage themselves 10% of the contents are destroyed. They decay like normal wood items such as chests. Play around with them cautiously. Once they are destroyed the items inside are gone. There is a small loss in average quality level because otherwise they can be somewhat exploited.
100126 Upcoming deed changes
- Because of upcoming deed changes the current traders no longer have settlement deeds available for purchase. You can read the current suggestion here.
- The bugged items that could not be used were removed.
- A small bug with item leftover material was fixed.
100125 Spell power changes
- Aggressive spells now have a higher minimum effectiveness, removing the risk that you cast a successful but useless spell.
- The cure spells were too easy to obtain for Fo priests, creating exploitability by turning priest before battles. You will now receive these at a faith level above 30.
100123 Bug with life stealing restart
- There was a bug with life stealer causing a bug with wounds which was the cause for the unscheduled restart today
- Some model changes were also introduced
100122 Some priest limitations lifted
- The skill gain limitations on priests were removed for existing servers since this would put new priests too far behind
- Vessel now reduces 3 quality levels instead of 1 for low quality gems
100118 Rite of Spring popular tweak
- Rite of spring is now castable much more seldom, and with less reward.
- You can now cast Vessel on gems of less than 10 quality level. If you succeed it looses 1 quality level but no favor is channelled into the gem. You use up only the base favor cost.
- Wisdom of Vynora now has diminishing returns.
- Those who can erupt now also can cool lava.
- Drain stamina and Drain health now have minimum values but may need further buffing.
100116 Some item decay was too low
- Decay was too high for certain item types such as dirt, logs and rock shards causing the item database to grow and slow down the game. A lot of these items that had already sustained damage were manually deleted during this maintenance restart.
- A few other issues such as creature types and zombie states not being saved over restarts should work better in the future but that bug remained over this restart.
100104 New decade
- Welcome to a new Decade with Wurm Online. We start off with a few minor tweaks:
- Bloodthirst effect increase was too easy. The increase is now determined by the damage you cause as well. Current effects were halved to bring it in line with future gains.
- The damage reduction for champions turned out to be a bit too much. The 75% damage reduction has been lowered to 60%. Also Life Stealer items are a bit harder to use for champions.
- An bug where simply trading with your own merchant reset the sales timer has been fixed. This is an unintended exploit, since merchants aren't supposed to be free safe storage. Another situation where this timer is reset may still be in but don't expect that forever. Please make sure your merchants starts selling stuff or expect them to humbly leave.
- A bug with linking and leaving the area was fixed.