Wurm Server Release Notes 2014
Main / Wurm Server Release Notes 2014
This is a shameless, unofficial copy of the Wurm server release notes as shown in the news section of the Wurm client. The section headings are the date the server was updated; YYMMDD.
Please note that this page was not created by Code Club AB, so it is not an official document.
- 1 141215 Siege Barrier fix
- 2 141212 Improvements to Challenge
- 3 141203 Tile type changes
- 4 141202 Planting options
- 5 141121 Mailbox/Portcullis fixes
- 6 141114 Yesterday’s changes
- 7 141107 Hats and caps fashion weekend!
- 8 141016 Rare coin rewards, Xanadu Ore redistribution!
- 9 141015 Lavender bugfix, Xanadu traders
- 10 141014 Trees, Xanadu creature count
- 11 141008 Goodbye Affliction, Hello Affliction!
- 12 141006 Tree growth bugfix
- 13 141003 Tangleweave, Diag cobble fixes
- 14 141002 Trellises and Sheep
- 15 140929 Affinities, Scenario points
- 16 140923 Mailbox Size (!), Spell tweaks, armour bugfix
- 17 140915 BC gain increase
- 18 140912 Two really annoying bugs fixed (and a reversal)
- 19 140911 Priest updates and Decorative items!
- 20 140829 Kingdom rulers need to be premium, change to farwalker amulets
- 21 140822 Post Summer Batch
- 22 140730 A couple of feedback improvements
- 23 140725 Mailbox fix
- 24 140722 Various summer fixes
- 25 140714 Client changelog 3.55-6297
- 26 140714 Added message on login for any mail waiting
- 27 140708 Tweaked hostile ratio
- 28 140705 Chain fences in structures
- 29 140630 Dragons hit harder
- 30 140626 Creature tweaks
- 31 140623 Troll crazy weekend over
- 32 140618 Bulk item fixes under way
- 33 140611 Xanadu available
- 34 140610 Loot and disband tweaks
- 35 140609 Increased iron on Xanadu
- 36 140607 Xanadu fixes
- 37 140603 Fixes since yesterday
- 38 140602 Unique creatures respawned - new loot system! registration email issues
- 39 140530 New construction options
- 40 140528 More village mgmt options
- 41 140522 Lowered deed item decay plus metallurgy fix
- 42 140520 Tents tweaked
- 43 140515 Tents and timber framed walls
- 44 140509 Please update your password retrieval information
- 45 140507 Enclosure rule no longer effective
- 46 140423 Client fix
- 47 140408 Creature move bugfix. Mission tweaks
- 48 140403 Rice and creatures tweaks
- 49 140401 Creature ai and email management
- 50 140328 Rice(!), and Wall construction
- 51 140327 Guard bug resolved
- 52 140325 Disintegration bugfix
- 53 140321 New fence creation window and Shark Season
- 54 140319 Libila Favor gain, Towers and Champs
- 55 140317 Cooldowns and Champion 3-strike
- 56 140306 Champ points, mine doors on chaos, charcoal piles, bugfixes
- 57 140225 Container fixes, PMK requirement change
- 58 140218 Update 1.2 is now live!
- 59 140213 Dismounting from carts
- 60 140206 Libila PMK available. Weapon changes.
- 61 140204 A day worth of premium added
- 62 140131 Inventory bugfixes
- 63 140123 Moved rarity drumrolls
- 64 140117 Armour fix for creatures, minor position rollback
- 65 140115 Java manifest proper fix
- 66 140114 Client and server updates
141215 Siege Barrier fix
- The light shafts have been modified to show approx thirty minutes before the central or perimeter spawns.
- The Spike Barrier is now notake and may only be created and finished on ground and hence not dropped in mid combat.
- Removed some impopular items from the central spawn.
- Rubble can no longer be bashed.
- New accounts start with 21 in all skills instead of 20 in order to allow for riding and wall bashing. The skill values of old accounts have been raised to 21 if they were lower.
141212 Improvements to Challenge
- Approx once per hour on the Challenge server, the village tokens now spawn rock shards and an iron lump of moderate quality level. Since the current map lacks those vital resources in most places this was deemed require .
- The central spawn rates have been tweaked since it was a bit too much in some cases
- Sleep bonus has been awarded on the other servers due to the extensive downtime during release
- Graphics and sounds have been added to the most important spawns on Challenge. The initial problem where they caused lag is also fixed.
- New players are now recommended to use the Far bases when selecting Challenge->Storm on the login server.
- The Storm server twitter account has been activated at https://twitter.com/stormchallenge
- Finally a note regarding Unique creatures and Artifacts on Challenge: Some Uniques exist, and Artifacts have spawned.
141203 Tile type changes
- All tree tiles are now of the new type.
- Lightning Karma Spell damage was toned down for many items.
- Fix for missing plant options on mycelium.
- Fix for Nature menu showing Plant Flowers when using thatch/mixed grass on dirt.
141202 Planting options
- Spelling/Grammar fixes in Village Info screen.
- Grammar fix: “followers now have the attention”.
- Added new action so can plant sprouts in center and naturally.
- Moved nature actions for trees to be under nature. Also redone the grass and dirt ones.
- Fix for item piles sometimes not visible when having lod on.
- Added GATHER, SHEAR, PLANT and PLANT_CENTER (for keybinds).
- Fix for Array out of bounds crash.
141121 Mailbox/Portcullis fixes
- Fix for mailboxes loosing their ability to send mail
- House Portcullis can now be picked
- Fix for illusion getting stuck when dying or using portals
- Gold & Silver Necklace + Rings are live and visible on Players
141114 Yesterday’s changes
- Added in permission checks for GATHER, also allowed making lawns in your own perimeter
- Fix for commune
- Fixed the faith zone spam on Xanadu
141107 Hats and caps fashion weekend!
- The Wurm Autumn Collection has been released! New hats and caps for every taste are soon available at your local tailor.
- Fix so that dug up gems and bones are correctly placed in inventory
141016 Rare coin rewards, Xanadu Ore redistribution!
- There is now a chance that certain actions yield a bonus rare coin if there is money left in the pool. The SELL function at traders and tokens, slaying creatures (domestic animals such as horses have double chance), and finding stuff when Botanizing or Foraging are the current ones. This should make for better and more fun money distribution.
- Friday Update: Coins now lose rarity when they enter the banking system via for instance tokens or traders. Coin rewards were tweaked down a bit for creatures.
- Undiscovered Ore has been redistributed on Xanadu. The regions are now a lot smaller.
- Creature cap on Xanadu increased
- The message when a trader receives funds has been removed
141015 Lavender bugfix, Xanadu traders
- A bug with lavender bushes was fixed
- Money distribution to traders on Xanadu has been tweaked with (downwards) due to severe criticism. Note that due to severe deficit in the pool of money which negated the SELL option in the beginning, 40 gold coins were added during the first weeks which will now be retracted over time. These measures should help stabilize the economy quite a bit.
141014 Trees, Xanadu creature count
- Bugfix for tree growth
- Creature count on Xanadu was increased
141008 Goodbye Affliction, Hello Affliction!
- The new Affliction map is live! You can find the old map dump at http://ehome003.game.wurmonline.com/images/
- Due to bugged tiles caused by trees growing we had to revert the other maps to a version that was backed up about 6 hours ago. We are sorry that some of you were negatively affected and we try to mitigate that by adding sleep bonus next restart.
- The new plain wall types should be live now.
141006 Tree growth bugfix
- A bug where trees did not regrow properly was fixed
- Fix for Wild Growth
- Fix for trees dieing when just above water level
- Fixed a bug with mycelium trees turning into grass when you chop them down
141003 Tangleweave, Diag cobble fixes
- A bug where Tangle Weave caused unnatural casting times was fixed. Casting time should become between 130 and 200 % longer.
- A bug with harvesting grapes was fixed
- A bug with diagonal cobble was fixed
141002 Trellises and Sheep
- The long awaited sheep are now live. You can cut them and keep the wool but we are adding production options later.
- You can now construct vine trellises
- Plate armour now has the same arrow block factor as chain
- Creature spawn rates have been looked into and balanced
- Epic legendary titles added
140929 Affinities, Scenario points
- The “Tickets” for receiving Scenario Items now require at least 300 Scenario points, so at 300 points you receive your first ticket
- Never-been-premiums no longer see affinities due to undesired farming
- A bug where changing capital for permanent kingdoms also changed the spawn point for portals
140923 Mailbox Size (!), Spell tweaks, armour bugfix
- Mailboxes now have a lot larger size
- Armour bugs were fixed
- Archery and spellcasting armour limitations no longer interrupt the action, but instead adds to the difficulty since it is considered less annoying.
- Tornado casting time is now 15 seconds instead of 30
- Spell resistance ticks are now every 7 seconds so it lasts a bit longer
- Fungus Trap damage was tweaked down
- Tentacles damage was tweaked down
- Rotting Gut damage was tweaked down
140915 BC gain increase
- BC and archery gain downward tweaks were substantially reverted and BC gain was increased overall
- Light of Fo now heals same kingdom and allies unless you are enemies for some other reason
- Mission rulers were removed because they were used as griefing tools almost exclusively
140912 Two really annoying bugs fixed (and a reversal)
- Fixed a bug with mine entrances
- Fixed a creature targetting bug where you would lose target when you or the creature moved out of range
- Reverted the change that made non-priest followers of Libila only able to tame corrupted animals
140911 Priest updates and Decorative items!
- The damage of Fireheart was increased. It now has 30 seconds cooldown.
- Light of Fo now has a 2 minute cooldown
- Pain Rain now has a 2 minute cooldown
- Scorn of Libila now has a 2 minute cooldown
- Tentacles now has a 2 minute cooldown
- Fungus Trap, Tentacles, Fire Pillar and Ice Pillar now deal double damage
- Hellstrength now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Oakshell now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Rotting Gut now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Shard of Ice now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Smite now has 30 seconds cooldown
- The difficulty of Smite was lowered to 70 from 90
- Tornado has a 2 minute cooldown
- Tornado may now stun victims for 5 seconds
- Weakness now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Willowspine now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Wormbrains now has 30 seconds cooldown
- Shard of Ice, Rotting Gut and Fireheart now deals more damage
- The damage effects of hitting limbs, heads and eyes were tweaked down a bit
- All priests may now use archery without penalty except in heavy armour. Light and no armour gives bonuses.
- Your most solid piece of armour now limits your ability to cast combat spells and perform archery
- Taming is now allowed for all priests and kingdoms as well but limited to corrupted animals for Libila and non-corrupted for the other.
- Lockpicking is now allowed for all priests.
- All priests may now cast Locate Soul
- All priests may now cast Nolocate
- You now receive a severe (-10) Combat Rating penalty against other players when leading more than 1 creature
- Magranon priest death protection (at 70+ faith and 35+ favor) now works like a free res stone at above 70 faith and 35 favor but does not stack: You have 50% chance of retaining your items.
- Magranon priests may use Chain armour without penalty at 70+ faith and 35+ favor
- Uniques now bash better in caves
- Fix so when sleep bonus runs out, it auto-freezes it
- The quality calculation for bulk items has been changed
- Added the mycelium growth stage to the examine message
- Tweaked body control skillgain for archery down
- Fix for village foundation screen when using a deed stake
- Removed settlement size restriction when founding using a deed stake
- Updated legendary digging title
140829 Kingdom rulers need to be premium, change to farwalker amulets
- Template kingdom leaders will now auto abdicate when they are no longer premium
- Fix so you get a drumroll when you get a rare fish
- Unfinished items can no longer be mailed
- Farwalker amulets may no longer be used with enemy players present
140822 Post Summer Batch
- Drumroll message moved to correct place
- Added ability to put fences in archs
- Added ability to rename a list of items
- Added ability to set price on a list of items
- Added Drop -> as pile
- Added new command /addfriend to enable adding friends remotely (even x-server)
- Fix for picking rare flowers, so get a drumroll
- Adamantine boulders from volcanoes now have 1/4th of previous yield
- The volcanoes on Chaos are back
- Fixed a bug where some forage/botanize options allowed you to stay mounted while foraging
- Increased Seal/Tortoise spawn rates
- Fixed examine description of cake, cake slices and risotto
- Terraforming permissions are now also enforced when targeting a boat while dredging, instead of a tile
- You no longer need pickup permission to rotate items on a deed. You will still need push/pull/turn permission however
- You can no longer push mounts if you neither have push permissions nor driver permissions
- Global ignore will no longer tell you if a player is not on your server
- Allowed dredging to ignore the road slopes
- Village bonuses max values were increased. Also reduced effect of more villagers
- Champions that left for home servers no longer block Champion slots after their 6 months are up
- Fixed a bug that allowed planted recruitment boards to be taken after a server restart
- Moved drumroll for picking sprouts to end of action
- Newbie buffs no longer can be dispelled
- A situation where enemy presence wasn’t removed when an opponent was killed was fixed
- Seals can now be tamed with fish
- Valrei creatures should now spawn on Chaos
140730 A couple of feedback improvements
- Fix so it shows Sender’s Name even if they have not been to your server
- Fix for missing descriptions for some dishes
- Added in message when you get drumroll signalling a rarity action (not everyone has sound or GLSL on)
- Updated messages from analyse so it shows approx compass direction to veins
140725 Mailbox fix
- The mailbox issue has been sorted with this update. Will now show rarity and enchants on items waiting
- We have started to tweak Xanadu economy in order to provide better money distribution
- Inactivated the two volcanoes on Chaos due to the perceived imbalance of metal spawning
- Added description to tabard
- Fix for stamina drain when setting a trap
- Fix for length check of new passwords
- Updated the description for stone chisels so does not include the work steel
140722 Various summer fixes
- Fix for mail message being early
- Moved Pour into a sub menu
- Fix for /ignore not returning ignore list correctly + Possible fix for un-ignoring x-servers
- Moved Throw to a submenu
- Moved DROP to submenu
- The terraforming village permissions now also controls dredging
- Fix for gates not knowing they were in a settlement when the settlement was shrunk
140714 Client changelog 3.55-6297
- Rarity is now sent from server and shown in client for tools and weapons (including shields)
- Changed scope of bind ADD_TO_CRAFTING_WINDOW to include tile borders.
- Fix for FLATTEN_BORDER keybind
- Fix so can use BUTCHER keybind when corpse is in inventory or in a cart.
- Fix for no ambient sounds playing on Xanadu
140714 Added message on login for any mail waiting
- Fixed bug that stopped building chain fences in structures
- Moved Destroy to a submenu in an attempt to stop accidental clicking on it
- Added a Destroy option for buildings that only have plans (e.g. no walls)
- Added in a message when you login that show if you have any mail waiting
- Potential fix for mailing to an old deleted account
- Reduced cost of sending inscribed papyrus to a mere one iron (Penny black!) in an attempt to promote sending
- Moved ‘UNLOCK’ to a submenu
140708 Tweaked hostile ratio
- Tweaked hostile ratio a little on Xanadu
140705 Chain fences in structures
- Added ability to use Chain fences in structures
- Potential exploit with rares fixed
140630 Dragons hit harder
- Dragons now hit a lot harder, so beware!
- Hammer of Magranon is back to one-handed
140626 Creature tweaks
- Hammer of Magranon is now twohanded since it was considered op as onehanded
- Shark and bison now yield better fight skill when killed
- Increased creature spawn rates and max numbers
- Mrtg server graphs now work again
- Shark distribution should improve
- Seals, Tortoise and Crabs may now spawn
- Fixed a bug that prevented creatures from playing the dodge animation
140623 Troll crazy weekend over
- Trolls no longer have the crazy combat rating buff they had this weekend and are back to normal
- A bug with portals leading to wrong settlements on Elevation was fixed
140618 Bulk item fixes under way
- We’re sorting the last issues which happened due to a bug with bulk items transferring. The reason for the bug is taken care of though.
- Possible fix for mining when up high
- Fix for mayor so they are able to pick locks
- Uniques attack a bit less often. They have a bit higher Combat Rating in order to compensate.
140611 Xanadu available
- Seafarers have located routes to and from the Xanadu islands! The eastern borders of the islands aligned with Independence and the western borders of Release and Pristine are now open for travel. Weird currents lead from Xanadu to Deliverance and Release and routes have been established. Furthermore - and this is probably not a coincidence – the Epic portals now have started listing Xanadu as a possible target.
140610 Loot and disband tweaks
- Fixed bug where settlement deeds could not be traded away from non-premium players
- Since yesterday you now receive all upkeep back when disbanding a settlement. We also fixed a very old bug where the game gave minimum 5 silver when disbanding for no apparent reason. Some deeds disbanding however received 5 silver too little in refund since yesterday, which will be reimbursed.
- The cost for any perimeter tiles you have already purchased is now deducted from the cost when expanding with normal settlement tiles (so you don’t have to pay again).
- There was an old setting where deeds on Chaos had free disbands since PMK introduction. This setting was removed.
- Scale/drake leather is now split up between those who receive blood at 80+butchering skill check*0.20 ql (‘butchering skill check’ will be 0-100)
- Sorcery/Epic ability items no longer drop all the time in unique corpses. 50% for non-dragon and only occasionally for dragons.
- Unique corpses may no longer be buried in order to prevent griefing
- Fix for valrei items found on corpse, so they are owned by the corpse initially
- Only check village butcher permissions if its not in your inventory
140609 Increased iron on Xanadu
- The amount of iron veins has been increased on Xanadu since it was a lot more sparse than on the other servers in certain areas.
- Unique respawn points will now be more randomized in the future
140607 Xanadu fixes
- Today we solved the lag situation on Xanadu. We will slowly increase creature count.
- We will look at the mineral disposition early next week. Some ore tiles may relocate at that time (might be as early as Monday) so you may want to try to mine as much as possible until then. Overall ore count should increase though, since it seems a lot too concentrated or rare so you will find new ore tiles in the vicinity.
140603 Fixes since yesterday
- The Xanadu Landrush server goes live at 18.00 CEST today.
- The shipbuilding potion gave the wrong effect. Moved existing leatherworking effects to shipbuilding. The carpentry effect was also bugfixed.
- A bug where uniques never bashed nearby walls was fixed so they will be harder to pen.
- Mixing blood (Alchemy) now has a 20 difficulty instead of 50
140602 Unique creatures respawned - new loot system! registration email issues
- First of all we have to warn that registrations and password retrieval emails for gmail is failing. We are working on trying to resolve the situation.
- We are respawning the uniques all over the board, sometimes of special types. A bit more often than once per month a new unique will spawn as well in the future.
- The loot for uniques have changed. Every premium player in the vicinity of the kill will receive some blood in their inventory. This blood is best used to create alchemic potions together with some source salt. Source salt is found in mines or by boiling Source. Every uniques blood creates different types of potions. Usually these potions can be used to enhance a tool in order to for instance increase the max improvement qualitylevel or initial qualitylevel of items created. Furthermore you may find rare of even fantastic bones that can be used to transfer that rarity to an enchantable item. Also you may be able to butcher the skull of a unique. Models for that are coming. The amount of drake and scale yield has been tweaked and severely reduced since it respawns more often instead. There are also small chances of Sorcery items on non-dragon uniques, as well as Seryll and pre-mixed substances(potions) on Valrei creatures.
- Mail C.O.D cost when receiving should now be properly updated for containers
- To lock an item, you now need to have the key for the lock in inventory
- Non-prems may now transfer deeds to premium players. In order to prevent bugs with disbanding, never-been-premiums deed holders may not accept citizens since the characters may become deleted. If a never-been-premium account is deleted, the settlement will disband.
140530 New construction options
- Colossus of Vynora and Magranon may now be built by their followers
- Fixed bug which caused inability to add roles
- Target hex on Valrei is now saved over restarts
- Various Hots PMK aggressive triggers bugfixes
- Epic mission respawning bugfix
140528 More village mgmt options
- Added more roles to village management:- lead, pickup, tame, load, butcher and attach lock. Note Load needs Pickup set at same time to work
- Changed the delay for vote question to be 5 seconds before being shown
- Fix for charcoal piles on deed, they now should decay like they are off deed
- Moved unhitch to a sub-menu to stop people accidently clicking it
- Some Epic abilities were debugged and tweaked. These changes will be discussed in the Epic forums and possibly tweaked further.
- Expired Epic missions should now be replaced more properly
- There’s now a small chance that Valrei creatures yield some Seryll when butchered.
140522 Lowered deed item decay plus metallurgy fix
- Decay on deed for decorative (non-pilable) items outside houses was made 3 times slower
- Bugfix for steel creation
- Added Mycelium Lawn to the tile types that auto-feed
140520 Tents tweaked
- A lot of tweaks were made to tents to make them work more like we stated. PLEASE NOTE that we made an error in the post where we describe the functionality – only the newbie tent does not need to be locked on the freedom servers. The other tents should work like normal containers and can be taken unless locked, as well as lockpicked in the wild. Subject to change if this makes them a lot less usable but there has to be a way of getting rid of tents littering an area.
- You can now lock pavilions but they are not containers
- Colour of vote-question reminder in event tab changed
- Added a note to end of voting screen to say “There is no guarantee that any majority vote will result in the implementation or removal of anything.”
- Added instructions to top of list of voting questions
- Added permissions check (for desecration of altars on deed)
- You can no longer bash wall plans
- Source springs and fountains will now replenish more often
- Changed so unhitch does not use an active item
140515 Tents and timber framed walls
- Hello explorers! We’ve just made it tons easier to explore and survive in Wurm with the addition of tents! Every newbie gets a basic one, but there are other tents available for construction as well. They all share the same basic functionality though:
- You can store items in them, you can tie a creature to them, and you can spawn at them if they are within your kingdom.
- On non-PvP servers you can’t loot other peoples tents, and on the other servers they act like other containers as they can be locked.
- The newbie tent can not be destroyed, but it doesn’t last long in the wilderness. Other tents may be destroyed though, just like chests but a lot easier.
- You create most tents from shafts, cloth, rope and pegs.
- Newbie tents are non-tradable.
- You can’t add or remove things from them in inventory. Just drop or take tents to place them outside deeds.
- They make you happy!
- Timber Framed Walls are live! Enjoy these new cosy designs for your house.
- Hots pmk crown should now work properly for crowning a successor.
140509 Please update your password retrieval information
- All questions and answers for retrieving your password via email have been reset. The reason is that a bug occurred when GMs changed an email manually. Make sure to set a new one using /changeemail in a chat window.
- Smelting improved for armours
- A bug where becoming KOS on deeds on non-PvP servers allowed certain griefing actions was fixed
- It is no longer possible to care for Valrei avatars or unique creatures. Existing avatars not active in a mission may be removed by GMs since they remain because of a bug.
- Bug fix for resizing but keeping same number of tiles n-s and e-w
- Fix for teleporting to settlement token (as opposed to centre of settlement)
- Missions no longer should require mycelium on non-pvp servers
- Braziers on deed should now be lit like other lamps
- Items on ground with visible decay should now properly change model when taking damage or being repaired
140507 Enclosure rule no longer effective
- As per the last weeks notifications, changes and updates to pricing, the enclosure rule is no longer effective and off-deed fences are no longer protected by the GMs.
- In an update soon to come (hopefully tomorrow), there will be tents which will help protect newbies. More info on the functionality when the update arrives.
- We still haven’t decided on a course of action regarding the highway rule so that one is still in effect.
140423 Client fix
- The animations for first person no longer uses third person animations
- Sharks no longer bash fences
- Fix for title list not showing correctly when “It’s a Trap” is in list
140408 Creature move bugfix. Mission tweaks
- Domestic creature pathfinding fix
- Sleeping in beds on other deeds should now properly remove your model
- Changed Valrei behaviour according to this forum suggestion. (No delay between missions. Every mission completed advances a set move timer instead. You may set deity target hex by spending a lot of karma using Commune on an altar on Epic servers)
- Attempting to snipe or ignore deity accounts should no longer cause continuous error messages
- Fixed a reason for the erroneous regions in Epic build mission target descriptions
- Creation missions will no longer require altars or similar decorations
- Creation missions will no longer require large ships
- Cut down tree missions now follow the settlement borders better
140403 Rice and creatures tweaks
- Made finding rice on grass tiles near water more common. Made it so there is a very small chance of finding rice regardless of distance from water (or skill)
- Added / amended titles from the player suggestions
- Made prey inside settlements or hitched exempt from the new hunting
140401 Creature ai and email management
- The command used to set the email for an account, /changeemail now requires a password and brings up a popup window. You may also set your password retrieval information there now.
- As you may have noticed, the creatures behaved strangely this weekend and assembled in certain areas. They should now be less nervous and behave more normally.
- Certain selected creatures such as deer and bison are now considered prey and may now be hunted by carnivores while trying to avoid them.
- Modified woad, so its easier to get higher ql with better botanising skill (especially on steppe)
140328 Rice(!), and Wall construction
- We have added rice to the game. The content has existed for quite a while but we wanted to add a few recipes for it. Rice can now be foraged from tiles near water and in Marsh given some skill. You need to grow it in shallow water
- The wall construction window is now live which should make house construction a lot easier
- Ritual missions on Elevation no longer have a preference for towers without kingdom
- Missions will no longer require the usage of items that can only be used while on the ground, such as campfires
- Typo with Fo missions fixed
- You can now only disintegrate reinforced tiles inside enemy settlements if they were drained during the last 2 hours (so this is not working on PVE servers)
- The trader form text will no longer claim you get a refund when the settlement it belongs to disbands
- Lowered height requirement of Spirit gates from 300 steps to 100 steps
- Creatures higher up in structures should now remain there between restarts
- You may now cook rice and make rice wine from it. Use milk to make porridge. Also risotto from seafood should be nutritious. Note that the amount of liquid is a bit sensitive when it comes to cooking things so take care or you’ll get dish water or soup instead
- Creatures should avoid moving down into very steep areas as well, getting trapped. Trapped creatures may stay there a while now
- You can now snuff and light HOTA statues
140327 Guard bug resolved
- The bug where guards didn’t hunt properly was fixed
- Disbanding a settlement now gives a clear message about npc trader citizens disbanding as well
140325 Disintegration bugfix
- The disintegration spell has received a bug fix where it actually will remove reinforcements. The chances are very low – 2% for a 50 power cast and 10% if you manage to cast a 90 power spell which is hard enough for a difficulty 70 spell. This goes up to 25% at 95 power and 50 percent at 98%. The reason behind the feature is that it has to be possible in some way to remove reinforcements since no areas of the game should be possible to put off limit indefinately. Since the chances are so low it seemed like a natural coincidence that you did not know of the effect, but as was recently proven it did not work at all.
- The disintegration spell has been granted to priests of the other religions as well on PvP servers only. The reason for this is that it is an offensive measure on those servers usually but a service which can be managed by Magranon priests on the other servers.
- Libila priests may now also cast the Strongwall spell.
- Strongwall and Disintegrate spells are now tied to mining permissions on deed.
- Missions will no longer require seasonal items.
- Libila favor gain for sacrificing was tweaked downwards again.
140321 New fence creation window and Shark Season
- We launch a brand new way of creating fences, hedges, flower beds and stone walls without all the right-clicks! You now use the same window as for item creation. We are looking into doing the same for houses as soon as possible.
- Sharks have changed. They are a lot weaker and a bit more common. It’s unwise to try and fight them swimming, but they will not attack you in boats. They are also pretty easy to avoid and should pose a danger mainly to careless explorers.
- There are also reports of the huge Sea Serpents closer to land again. Maybe food is scarce in the deep seas.
- Another tweak to smelting was required.
- Double favor items for Libila no longer only counts once but should work as for the other religions.
- It is no longer possible to ally for MR and JK since the number of HOTS champs is limited to 3.
140319 Libila Favor gain, Towers and Champs
- Fix for rotating towers on deeds
- Missions will no longer require metal scraps
- Alchemy item double favor gain values were increased by a factor 10
- Libila max amount of champions in the future has been reduced to 3
- Champions may now visit the Epic home servers
140317 Cooldowns and Champion 3-strike
- Spell cooldowns were removed from Rotten Touch, Bloodthirst, Aura of shared pain, Web armour, Blessings of the Dark, Circle of cunning, Lurker in the deep, Lurker in the dark, Lurker in the woods, Fungus
- Casting timer was reduced to 30 seconds for the spells Libila’s demise, Animal’s demise, Selfhealer’s demise, Dragon’s demise, Fo’s demise, Magranon’s demise, Human’s demise, Fo’s touch, Vynora’s hand, Magranon’s shield, Libila’s shielding, Dark Messenger, Courier
- The way champions work was changed due to popular demand in the forums. The current scheme is a variant of the most popular suggestions:
- Champions now have 3 lives and you can only be champion for max 6 months then you dechamp. You do no longer dechamp when you are at 0 champion points.
- Your champion points may now go above 30. The general idea is to get as many as possible since you write your name in the Eternal Records. At the moment you can check those using the command /champs. Your points will show up once they change up or down.
- You gain 3 points for draining an enemy deed with 5+ guards. You gain 30 points for recording a kill on an enemy champion. You gain 1 point when you record a kill on an enemy with 50+ fight skill. You also get the champion points worth of any battle points you gain from any kill. You lose 1 champion point per week down to 0.
- Enchanting as a champion now must spend minimum 1 champion point.
- Dechamping works as usual with the characteristics loss
- You can’t become champion in 6 months after you have dechamped
- Note: We will probably make them able to change servers (on the Epic cluster)
- Libila now gains double favour when sacrificing items used in alchemy, as the previous double favour item (corpse) could only be used at the bone altar, which was too impractical.
- Fix: moved the drumroll for praying to end of action.
- Fix so actions on watery tree tiles work.
- Moved Tunnel menu option to under Mine.
- Fix for ceiling is too close message when it wasn’t
- Typo fixes in the julbord messages
- Fix for cross server ignore and snipe
140306 Champ points, mine doors on chaos, charcoal piles, bugfixes
- Fix to remove the friends tab spam when reconnecting
- Re-enabled tower rotation
- You no longer gain points for capturing towers and battle camps. Champion points now decay 3 times slower
- We try a 30 second mine door timer on Chaos in order to see if it has positive effect on PvP
- Fix for wiki links not working in the crafting recipes list when the item name had more then one word
- Large and small prefixes are no longer removed in the wiki links
- Fix for high yield farming bug. Includes a chance for more Yield if a field is grazed from
- Fix for Foraging titles
- Fix for typo in help of /vteleport
- Added title total to title selection form. Also added ability to hide parts of your shown titles
- Players should no longer get stuck in walls at the token when using village teleport
- Fixed a bug where item ownership was not set properly when dragging from an FSB to a container. This mainly affected HFC cooking skillgains
- The village map settings can now be changed for custom roles, but it will not have any effect for players that are not a member of the village
- You can no longer hitch animals to carts that are loaded in a ship
- Fixed a bug that prevented hull planks from being dragged between containers
- Corrected an event message when trying to unload a full container
- Bugfixes for various achievements
- Charcoal piles made from walnut will now give a 10% bonus on the quality of the items it produces
- Damage on charcoal piles no longer reduces the quality of the items created
140225 Container fixes, PMK requirement change
- A few bugs with containers and drag and drop were targeted in this update.
- The minimum requirement for player made kingdoms was lowered to 25 players.
- Lockpicking is now restricted to one person at a time per lock. Picked locks can not be relocked using the writ.
140218 Update 1.2 is now live!
- Added wagons
- Added ship carier
- New crafting interface
- Added crates
- New Drag&drop functionality
- New load function
- Added Reinforced cave floors
- Added Notifications Help System
- Added Village Recruitment Board
- Added Village Invite Command
- Added Status effect bar
- New Emotes Follow, lead, goodbye, this way, not that way.
- Avatar of Libila model
- Kyklops model
- Added rugs
- Added Braziers
140213 Dismounting from carts
- You will no longer log on to carts if you have left the world
- Economic distribution on Elevation and Chaos should now work properly again
140206 Libila PMK available. Weapon changes.
- You should now be able to create a Libila PMK.
- The steel staff and the steel spear had inverted damage so steel spear has been buffed. Normal spear and halberd base damage has been increased as well. Sickle, Scythe and Medium Maul base damage has been increased.
- You may switch your staff and spear skill once if you right-click a spear.
- Polearm damage modifier was reduced and no longer stacks with hate path or faith damage
- On Elevation and Chaos, traders now receive bonus coins depending on kingdom size. Selling may yield bonus iron depending on the land % in the kingdom. Battle camps increase this value by up to 10% per camp controlled.
- Conquering towers and battle camps (not HOTA pillars) now take a bit longer the more land you control.
- Extreme terraforming near the white light has been decided as against the original concept. Also a bug with concrete has been abused. Some checks have been implemented and the WL on Chaos moved a bit from the current location on Chaos.
- Logging off on a vehicle should now properly put you back on when you relog
- Tweets for Valrei now has a timestamp added since similar tweets were considered spam and discarded
- The skill requirements for floors and roofs have been tweaked a bit since they were out of line at low skill levels
- A bug where destroying mine doors dealt too much damage was fixed
140204 A day worth of premium added
- A day worth of premium was awarded to those who were premium today due to downtime during the weekend
- The bug with coins dislocation lingered but should be fixed now
- Long range archery was made a bit harder
- The steel staff no longer counts as polearm (giving mounted damage bonus) while we investigate if it’s overpowered
- The /time command has been split into /time and /playtime
140131 Inventory bugfixes
- A bug which caused inventory weights to be wrong was fixed
- A bug which caused a few coins to return to personal merchants due to a disconnect was fixed
- It is now possible to declare war on settlements within player made kingdoms except the capital. PMKs may no longer oust unwanted settlements for now.
- Creators of Guard Towers may now rotate them
140123 Moved rarity drumrolls
- Most rarity drumrolls have been moved to the end of the action by strong demand
- PMK rulers may now remove settlements. The settlement converts to the template kingdom after 24 hours with warnings every half hour.
- Hell Horse fire breath damage was toned down a lot.
- Being expelled from a kingdom no longer triggers the two week grace period
- Optimisations in the code has made restarting the game servers faster
140117 Armour fix for creatures, minor position rollback
- The server was updated with some code optimization for position handling. This led to a small position rollback so you may have to trackback some mounts.
- A bug with creature armour was found. They should now show more or less vulnerability to different types of weapons. Some creature types will have moved around in the power ladder so take care.
- The Epic portal bug is fixed. Any voided characters should be set back to the start server by GMs and walk through again.
- You may now use archery and Great Helm again.
140115 Java manifest proper fix
- Apparently we fixed the manifest issue with Java in the wrong way initially. Now that the new Java version has been released we could debug it properly.
- The bug where the water surface was invisible has been fixed
- Several crash bugs fixed
- Looping terrain fix
- The unstable client now shows large sign text
140114 Client and server updates
- The client had to be updated due to a manifest change in the new version of Java. We still had some improvements left we planned to do but it seems stable.
- The client was updated to a new LWJGL version (2.9.1)
- Some previously missing tile types should now be visible again. There is still a visibility bug with mine doors.
- There is a known bug with water rendering. We’ll fix it as soon as possible.
- There is a known bug with signs and the font. We’ll fix it as soon as possible.
- Mines may look invisible from the outside until you enter them.
- There are some general fight tweaks:
- Aggressive style damage was tweaked upwards
- Defensive style damage was tweaked upwards
- You now receive CR bonus for attacking while aggressive
- You now receive CR penalty against attacks while aggressive
- Players now receive inverted gank CR bonus so you’ll be harder to hit (due to congestion)
- Mounts should now be targeted more seldom
- Tower guards were made slower
- We’ll evaluate a new behaviour for off-deed mine doors. They now work like other doors and stay open to enemies 2 minutes after being passed while fighting
- Battle camps now take 10 minutes to conquer
- Battle camps now have 60 tiles radius influence
- While in your own battle camp area you now receive +3 Combat Rating
- Current battle camps have been removed and will be replaced more strategically