- 1 Description
- 2 Gains and Replenishment
- 3 Sacrificing
- 4 Notes
Favor is used by priests and champions in casting spells. It is an unseen, mystical resource that is only limited in obtainable quantity by the player's current level of faith. Favor replenishes automatically and can optionally be stored in gems with the spell Vessel.
Gains and Replenishment
The rate of replenishment of favor is slow and decreases the more favor you have. Going from 30 to 60 favor takes about 3 times longer than going from 0 to 30. The actual faith being utilized has no noticeable influence on the rate of replenishment.
A good rule of thumb for favor gain from 0 favor is
- 2 minutes to gain 10 Favor
- 10 minutes to gain 20 Favor
- 22 minutes to gain 30 Favor.
Favor gain is halved when performing an action.
Favor can be gained by sacrificing items or money at an altar of your god. Any quality level of item may be sacrificed in this way, but the higher the quality level, the more favor is consequently gained. Praying can grant you both an instant favor boost, as well as a temporary favor gain rate increase. The completion of missions for the gods is also an effective way to gain favor.
When sacrificing items, any favor that would overfill your current Favor bar will instead be added as pending Favor, which you will receive gradually over time.
Pending favor will still drain when your favor bar is full but at a much slower rate.
Sacrificing items when your Favor bar is full will still result in gaining deed bonuses instead of favor (or pending favor).
Your total amount of pending favor is equal to five times your current faith.
You may view your current amount of pending favor by hovering over the status effect icon with the mouse.
Pending favor is no longer added to current favor with enemies in local on PVP servers.
Putting an item in an altar and right-clicking the altar will give the option to "sacrifice". A player must be a follower of a god, with at least 10 faith to sacrifice. Items can be sacrificed in an altar representing the god you are following and has several beneficial effects that depend on what you sacrifice and how much. Sacrificing an item will remove it from the world so apart from sacrificing in order to gain any of the beneficial effects, it's used in order to get rid of unwanted items.
To check for favor gain from an item (or items), put it (them) inside the altar and right-click on that altar, selecting Get Price. While the name is misleading, you will get the amount of favor for those items, not the price.
Double bonus materials
Each god has a specific material or materials they prefer, which give double the usual favor of deed Faith bonus. That means that if you sacrifice an item of a material your god prefers, you'll get twice as much favor or deed faith bonus as the item normally would. For example: If a Vynora priest sacrifices a door lock it gets x amount of favor but if a Magranon priest sacrifices the same door lock it gets 2x the amount.
Due to high base value and ease of creation, some items are particularly popular and useful for certain gods. For example, yoyos are often used by Vynora priests because a priest can craft them at high quality without need for improvement, and their base value is higher than most other wooden items.
Results from Sacrificing
Deed Faith Bonus
Deed faith bonuses are only increased if your favor is already full. See Faith bonuses for details.
Healing of wounds
When sacrificing items of high value the gods might heal your wounds. How much is healed depends on the value of the sacrificed items.
Sacrificing an item with a high enough value will increase your alignment. As with deed faith bonus and favor, an item's value counts as double if it is made from a material preferred by your god.
A potion might be awarded when sacrificing items that add up to a high value. The potion will end up inside your inventory.
Refill of Stamina, Nutrition, Food and Water, and Skill gain
Sacrificing a rare item of any kind will refill the stamina, food, and water bars in the same fashion as the Path of Love ability Refresh and will heal a random wound regardless of severity. Supreme and fantastic abilities will also grant you a tick in a random skill.
The rare items need to be of full weight in order to give the bonus, i.e. a rare log that weighs 24 kg will refill the bars but a log that weighs 17kgs will not.
Deed faith bonus
Sacrificing items will also add to your deed faith bonuses.
- To be able to sacrifice an item it must fit in the altar. If you are sacrificing to get rid of the item, you can try using a trash heap if it does not fit.
- Sacrificing creatures is done with a sacrificial knife.
- This can only be done when there is a current mission for it, or, for a limited list of animals, also outside missions.
- Sacrificing 10 items one at a time will give the same amount of favor or deed faith bonus as sacrificing all 10 at once. The items are registered individually and not as part of a unit. Combined items also generally give the same favor and bonus, except in the case of favor gain for alchemy ingredients for Libila.
- For deed enchantment bonus specifically, most low-value bulk items such as wood scrap use a formula based on weight instead of value if the value is low enough. This formula does not take your god into account, so large combined woodscrap may give the same Enchantment bonus regardless of god. The healing and war bonuses always use item value, not weight.
Quality required for 1 favour gained:
- Cordage Rope: 22.36ql
- Square Piece of Cloth: 31.16ql (22.36 for Fo)
- Door lock: 31.16ql (22.36 for Mag)
- Yoyo: 31.16ql (22.36 for Vyn)
- Chopped vegetables: 40.0 ql