Putting an item in an altar and right-clicking the altar will give the option to "sacrifice". Items can be sacrificed in an altar representing the god you are following and has several beneficial effects that depend on what you sacrifice and how much. Sacrificing an item will remove it from the world so apart from sacrificing in order to gain any of the beneficial effects, it's used in order to get rid of unwanted items.
- Follower of a god, with at least 10 faith
Deed Faith bonuses are only increased if your Favor is already full. See Faith bonuses for details.
Sacrificing items gives favor with your god. The amount of favor you gain from sacrificing an item depends on what its value is.
Double bonus materials Each god has a specific material or materials they prefer, which give double the usual favor of deed Faith bonus. That means that if you sacrifice an item of a material your god prefers, you'll get twice as much favor or deed Faith bonus as the item normally would. For example: If a Vynora priest sacrifices a door lock it gets x amount of favor but if a Magranon priest sacrifices the same door lock it gets 2x the amount.
Due to high base value and ease of creation, some items are particularly popular and useful for certain gods. For example, yoyos are often used by Vynora priests because a priest can craft them at high quality without need for improvement, and their base value is higher than most other wooden items.
Healing of wounds
When sacrificing items of high value the gods might heal your wounds. How much is healed depends on the value of the sacrificed items.
Sacrificing an item with a high enough value will increase your alignment. As with deed faith bonus and favor, an item's value counts as double if it is made from a material preferred by your god.
A potion might be awarded when sacrificing items that add up to a high value. The potion will end up inside your inventory.
Refill of Stamina, Nutrition, Food and Water, and Skill gain
Sacrificing a rare item of any kind will refill the stamina, food, and water bars in the same fashion as the Path of Love ability Refresh and will heal a random wound regardless of severity. Supreme and fantastic abilities will also grant you a tick in a random skill.
The rare items need to be of full weight in order to give the bonus, i.e. a rare log that weighs 24 kg will refill the bars but a log that weighs 17kgs will not.
Deed faith bonus
Sacrificing items will also add to your deed faith bonuses.
- To be able to sacrifice an item it must fit in the altar. If you are sacrificing to get rid of the item, you can try using a trash heap if it does not fit.
- Sacrificing creatures is done with a sacrificial knife.
- This can only be done when there is a current mission for it, or, for a limited list of animals, also outside missions.
- Sacrificing 10 items one at a time will give the same amount of favor or deed Faith bonus as sacrificing all 10 at once. The items are registered individually and not as part of a unit. Combined items also generally give the same favor and bonus, except in the case of favor gain for alchemy ingredients for Libila.
- For deed enchantment bonus specifically, most low-value bulk items such as wood scrap use a formula based on weight instead of value if the value is low enough. This formula does not take your god into account, so large combined woodscrap may give the same Enchantment bonus regardless of god. The healing and war bonuses always use item value, not weight.