Main / Animals
Wurm is full of animals/creatures/monsters--some harmless and others quite dangerous.
Spawning and behavior
- There are basically two types of creatures in Wurm: normal animals which can be tamed (and are usually based on real-world domesticated animals) and monsters which cannot be tamed (and are sometimes also known in the real world) but can often be dominated.
- Most creatures spawn in lairs. Some can also be bred by players.
- Most creatures like to avoid civilized areas and will have a reduced spawn rate near such areas.
- Some animals have various conditions that affect their strengths and weaknesses.
- Bred animals can have traits that normally spawned animals do not have.
- Most animals have ages of young, adolescent, mature, aged, old, or venerable.
- Animals can be normally fed, fat, or starving. Starving animals will not give any meat when butchered, and some animals can die of starvation.
- Hunger is the primary and quite rare reason that a creature may go aggressive, attack, and kill another that is hitched or destroy the barrier protecting said animal and then kill it.
- Using a rope or halter rope on some animals will let you lead it around behind you. To do this you activate the rope, open the context menu on the animal, and choose "Lead". A player may lead up to four animals at one time with separate ropes, or a halter rope.
- You can lead many types of creatures without taming the creature. Leadable creatures include all tamed animals as well as those listed in the table below.
- Only the commander of a boat or cart can lead animals. Passengers are not able to lead animals.
- Attempts to lead animals across a server line will result in them becoming disconnected from the leading player and left at the crossing point as that player successfully crosses to the next server. It is therefore recommended that players use creature cages for the purpose of moving animals across server lines.
- Fighting skill (FS) ranking estimated; proceed with caution. The amount of skill required to kill an animal will also vary greatly depending on the player's equipped weapons and their quality levels.
|Animal Name||Fight Skill||Hostile||Tamable||Recommended Taming skill||Groomable||Can Swim||Lead w/o Taming||Dominated||Weight||Spawn Tile||Spawn Lair||Breedable|
|Black bear||25||Yes||Yes||20||No||No||No||No||50||?||Bear cave||Yes|
|Blue whale||??||No||No||N/A||No||Yes||No||No||50||Deep Water||No Lair||No|
|Brown bear||25||Yes||Yes||15||No||Yes||No||No||50||?||Bear cave||Yes|
|Cave bug||10||Yes||Yes||35||No||No||No||No||19.28||Cave tiles||Cave bug mound||Yes|
|Deer||1||No||Yes||1||No||Yes||No||No||50||Tree tile, Grass tile||No Lair||Yes|
|Horse||5||No||Yes||7||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||50||Steppe tile, Grass tile||?||Yes|
|Large rat||1||Yes||Yes||1||No||Yes||No||No||7.14||Rock tile||Trash heap||yes|
|Lava fiend||40||Yes||No||N/A||No||No||No||Yes||50||Cave tile, Rock tile||?||No|
|Unicorn||25||No||Yes||35+||No||No||No||No||50||Grass tile, Mycelium tile, Steppe tile||?||Yes|
|Wild cat||1||Yes||Yes||1||No||No||No||No||7.14||?||Wild cat hideout||Yes|
- Creatures can be examined to determine their wounds, if any (look at their equipment to see the body with wounds).
- Some rare creatures will drop unique items when killed, some of which are highly valuable.
- All corpses except humans max is 50.00 kg.
- Any creature that is listed as Tameable can also be Charmed
- Carnivorous animals or mobs will attack certain non-hostile animals.
- Once tamed, crocodiles are the only creature in Wurm that can be embarked upon and ridden into and through water like a boat. However, they can only cross a server line while stored in creature cages, not while being ridden.