Main / Creatures
Wurm is full of creatures: some harmless and others quite dangerous.
Spawning and behavior
- There are basically two types of creatures in Wurm: normal animals which can be tamed (and are usually based on real-world domesticated animals) and monsters which cannot be tamed but can sometimes be dominated.
- Some creatures spawn in lairs or on specific kinds of tiles. Some can also be bred by players.
- Most creatures like to avoid civilized areas like villages and starter towns and will have a reduced spawn rate near such areas.
- Some animals have various conditions that affect their strengths and weaknesses.
- Bred animals can have traits that normally spawned animals do not have.
- Most animals have ages of young, adolescent, mature, aged, old, or venerable. Some animals die well before reaching venerable, while others can have very long lives.
- Animals can be normally fed, fat, or starving. Starving animals will not give any meat when butchered, and some animals can die of starvation.
- Hunger is the primary and quite rare reason that a creature may go aggressive, attack, and kill another that is hitched or destroy the barrier protecting said animal and then kill it.
- Carnivorous animals or mobs will attack certain non-hostile animals in the wild when hungry.
- Using a rope or halter rope on some animals will let you lead it around behind you. To do this you activate the rope, open the context menu on the animal, and choose "Lead". A player may lead up to four animals at one time with separate ropes, or a halter rope.
- You can lead many types of creatures without taming the creature. Leadable creatures include all tamed animals as well as those listed in the table below.
- Only the commander of a boat or cart can lead animals. Passengers are not able to lead animals.
- You cannot attack an animal that you are leading.
- Attempts to lead animals across a server line will result in them becoming disconnected from the leading player and left at the crossing point as that player successfully crosses to the next server. It is therefore recommended that players use creature cages for the purpose of moving animals across server lines.
- Some animals, after being lead and/or tamed, can be used as mounts on land or on water. Use of animal mounts is dependent on body control and taming or dominating skill.
Creatures have different nutritional needs and habits. Some animals eat anything, others will only eat certain items. Animal food can be dropped on the ground in a pile, fed by hand, or put in a feeding trough or pet bowl. Exceptions have been noted below.
|Seeds (edible only, includes cereals)|
|Grazing on grass/steppe|
|All food items|
- Creatures can be examined to determine their wounds, if any. Look at their equipment to see the body with wounds.
- Some unique creatures will drop items when killed, some of which are highly valuable.
- All corpses (except humans) maximum weight is 50.00 kg.
- For more rare creatures see: Uniques, Valrei creatures, Rift creatures
|Creature Name||Hostile||Animal or Monster||Food Type||Fight Skill||Tame / Dominate||Taming Skill||Can Swim||Lead w/o Taming||Spawn Tile or Lair||Can be Bred|
|Anaconda||Hostile||Animal||Carnivore||50||No||N/A||Yes||N/A||In Vynora's domain||No|
|Bison||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||20||Tame||15||No||Yes||Steppe tiles||Yes|
|Black bear||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||25||Tame||20||No||No||Bear cave||Yes|
|Black wolf||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||15||Tame||5||No||No||?||Yes|
|Blue whale||Not hostile||Animal||Carnivore||65||No||N/A||Yes||N/A||Ocean||No|
|Brown bear||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||25||Tame||15||Yes||No||Bear cave||Yes|
|Bull||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||5||Tame||5||No||Yes||?||Yes, with a cow|
|Calf||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||1||Tame||5||No||Yes||?||Not until adult|
|Cave bug||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Omnivore||10||Tame||35||No||No||Cave bug mound/Cave tiles||Yes|
|Cobra king ||Hostile||Animal||Carnivore||?||No||N/A||?||N/A||?||No|
|Cow||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||1||Tame||5||No||Yes||?||Yes, with a bull|
|Crab||Mixed ||Animal, Hunter||Omnivore||?||Tame||?||Yes||No||?||Yes|
|Deer||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||1||Tame||1||No||No||?||Yes|
|Dog||Not hostile||Animal, Hunter||Omnivore||5||Tame||1||No||No||?||Yes|
|Dolphin||Not hostile||Monster, Hunter||Carnivore||?||No||N/A||Yes||N/A||Ocean||No|
|Donkey||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||1||Tame||1||Yes||Yes||?||Yes|
|Foal||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||?||Tame||15||Yes||Yes||?||Not until adult|
|Fog spider||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||?||No||N/A||No||N/A||?||?|
|Giant crab ||Hostile||Unknown||?||?||?||?||?||No||?||?|
|Goblin||Hostile||Monster, Hunter||Carnivore||15||Dominate||N/A||No||No||Goblin hut||Yes|
|Hell horse||Not hostile ||Animal||Omnivore, Grazer||10||Tame||70||No||Yes||?||Yes|
|Hell hound||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||40||Tame||40||No||No||?||Yes|
|Hell scorpious||Hostile||Monster, Hunter||Carnivore||40||Dominate||N/A||No||No||?||No|
|Horse||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||5||Tame||7||Yes||Yes||?||Yes|
|Huge spider||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||25||No||N/A||No||N/A||?||No|
|Lamb||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||?||Tame||?||No||Yes||?||Not until adult|
|Large rat||Hostile||Animal||Omnivore||20||Tame||15||Yes||No||Trash heap||Yes|
|Lava fiend||Hostile||Monster, Hunter||Carnivore||40||Dominate||N/A||No||No||?||No|
|Lava spider||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||40||No||N/A||No||N/A||?||No|
|Mountain gorilla||Mixed ||Unknown||Omnivore||40||No||N/A||No||N/A||?||No|
|Mountain lion||Hostile||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||15||Tame||1||No||No||?||Yes|
|Mule||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||1||Tame||1||Yes||Yes||?||No|
|Octopus||Not hostile||Unknown, Hunter||Carnivore||?||No||N/A||Yes||N/A||Ocean||No|
|Rabid hyena||Mixed ||Unknown, Hunter||Carnivore||40||No||No||No||N/A||?||No|
|Ram||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||?||Tame||?||No||Yes||?||Yes, with a sheep|
|Shark||Mixed ||Unknown, Hunter||Carnivore||?||No||N/A||Yes||N/A||Ocean||No|
|Sheep||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||?||Tame||1||No||Yes||?||Yes, with a ram|
|Unicorn||Not hostile||Animal||Herbivore, Grazer||25||Tame||35||No||No||?||Yes|
|Wild boar||Mixed ||Unknown||Omnivore||?||No||N/A||No||N/A||?||No|
|Wild cat||Hostile||Animal||Carnivore||1||Tame||1||No||No||Wild cat hideout||Yes|
|Worg||Mixed ||Animal, Hunter||Carnivore||?||Tame||?||No||No||Sorcery or Jackal server||No|
- Only found on PVP servers.
- Will only attack players that are not mounted or in a vehicle. Swim or walk with caution.
- Only found on Jackal server.
- Has a red outline, but will generally not attack players unless provoked. Will attack tamed pets.
- Kingdom animal, only aggressive to members of enemy kingdoms, on PVP servers. Non-hostile on PVE servers.
- Hostile when found in the wild on Jackal. When spawned by sorcery, it is hostile but tamed. If untamed, it will attack players around it.
- Hostile animals have a red outline and will attack any player, unless otherwise noted.
- Fo priests with high faith are ignored by hostile animals. The Animal demise spell gives an extra 3% damage to creatures characterized as animals.
- Libila priests with high faith are ignored by hostile monsters. The Monster demise spell gives an extra 3% damage to creatures characterized as monsters.
- Fight skill (FS) ranking estimated; proceed with caution. The amount of skill required to kill an animal will also vary greatly depending on the player's equipped weapons and their quality levels.
- Taming skill is recommended. Animals may be more or less difficult to tame depending on conditions, age, taming food, and RNG.
- Hunter indicates an animal that will hunt other animals for food. Silver weapons give 10% increased damages when fighting these animals.