Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tile types can have differing spawned creatures.
- Dig on a clay tile to get materials for pottery, altars, guard towers, ovens, and forges. Clay can also be used to make mortar if combined with sand.
- Effectively the same as a rock tile. Cliff tiles are only naturally occurring on steep slopes. Once terraformed away, cliff tiles can never return. Cliff tiles take more stamina to traverse than other tiles.
- Cobblestone, Rough cobblestone, Round cobblestone
- Together with slabs these are the fastest type of terrain to walk on. This tile type is used primarily for roads or inside houses.
- Cut grass tile
- A grass tile that is used to produce hay. It is created by using a scythe on a grass tile.
- Now this is an extremely useful tile type! Dirt tiles can be terraformed by either digging (lower), flatten (straighten out), or dropping additional dirt on it (raising). All these actions are performed with a shovel. Dirt can also be packed in order to prepare for road construction. All the actions that can be performed on dirt can also be performed on grass (transforms the grass to dirt) but dirt (if flat) does have one unique usage, you can sow seeds in it, making it a Field tile.
- The most widespread tile type in wurm. It can be used for foraging and botanizing. There can be flowers growing on grass tiles. Tree tile is a former grass or dirt tile where a tree or bush now grows. Enchanted grass is a former Grass tile that has been converted by the Meditation Path of Love ability, and Enchanted tree is a similar former Tree tile; you cannot get any harvest from them.
- This is used to make gravel roads which are easier to make than cobblestone but are slower to travel upon. Gravel also appears as natural terrain in form of large gravel areas.
- A rare and dangerous type of terrain, lava tiles come from lava eruptions. Evidently walking on these tiles is very deadly, it destroys your corpse and items. Lava spiders (and fiends?) also spawn near them.
- A tile created by cutting a grass tile short and then using scissors to Nature -> Trim grass. Has same speed as Enchanted grass.
- Marsh is usually found underwater or next to water and can be raised with dirt. The only way to get rid of it is to pave it over with wooden planks and destroy this pavement right after, which leaves a dirt tile. This tile slowly spreads.
- Used as a burning material in forges and ovens and creating torches.
- Grows near altars of Libila when they are in Horde of the Summoned kingdom.
- Packed dirt
- Packed dirt can happen naturally by heavy traffic over a period of time, by livestock grazing the tile bare, or by packing it with a shovel.
- Peat tile
- Used as fuel in fires.
- Mine or prospect these with your pickaxe. Can be tunneled to form a cave entrance.
- Sand can be combined with clay to make mortar, one of the components to make stone houses.
- Marble bricks (pavement), Marble slab (pavement), Stone slabs
- Together with cobblestone this is the fastest type of terrain. It is more difficult to make than cobblestone and uses up more stone shards.
- Steppe is a unique tile type. It is only naturally occurring, and can be replanted with mixed grass. Trees do not grow on Steppe. This tile slowly spreads.
- Tundra is a unique tile type. It is only naturally occurring, and once terraformed away it will never return. Trees do not grow on tundra.
- Tar can be used as fuel for fires and lamps, to create torches, treat wooden planks with to make them more decay resistant, and as a construction material for boats. Players walk very slow on this tile type.
- Tiles submerged in water can be right-clicked to Drink water from, quenching your thirst (water bar), to Fill a container with water, and for fishing.
- Wooden planks
- Can be created by players using floor boards. Decays very fast if not on a deed or in a house, but can be made more resistant by applying tar.